Crashing to Desktop (Jan. 2022)

oh… was’nt aware of that… I have steam version and in nvidia-control-center it’s easy to choose fligh…exe for own settings.

yes, it not allow more than 144fps, but just this cause a very very high load ( I assume your gpu not reach that 144fps ). And as mentioned, the in-Game Vsync Setting “60FPS” setting does not mean 60FPS max in your case. It mean highest possible Monitor FPS, so in your case 144fps (see).

What you can try is to set VSync to “20” , this should set vsync fps in range 48 ( was bit wrong in former post ).

I will check this and try your suggestions.
Concerning what AMD says itself for that feature, is that it limits the max possible FPS to not get into situations like New World produced and killed several Highend GPUs that way: https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/frtc

With average settings in MSFS I could reach that FPS limit easily running a WQHD-Monitor so that I already have pushed the graphics settings to nearly max within FS and already get about 70 … 90 FPS depending on the actual surrounding, weather, airports and other pupulated areas etc. And running those FPS my systems still keeps temps for CPU, GPU and system under 70°C, most times it reaches about 65°C average temps and thats not much for this kind of hardware and it doesn’t struggle or even CTD with those values in other demanding games like DCS or XP11.

1 Like

we only try to limit the load on the gpu for a test-case, e.g. let they run only in 80% or less … There must be a reason for the atidxx64.dll message and may be comes from ‘overload’ ( may be peaks ) or there is just a issue with the amd driver ( not unusually :wink: ).

1 Like

If I read through all those other recent CTD reports that even cover the XBSX system I doubt that this has anything to do with my particular hardware, but with something that was patched into FS recently…

Nevertheless I will try disabling all standard oc of my system and will even try to clock down my graphics card to basic AMD FE performance as its an OEM produced performance type and will report back if it does anything good besides slowing down my system below its normal specs :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 1/9/2022 1:18:29 PM
Event ID: 1000
Task Category: (100)
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Baddys-Gamer
Description:
Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.21.18.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: grammar.pggmod, version: 76.0.0.3, time stamp: 0x608bf361
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000046d0ebe
Faulting process id: 0x53d8
Faulting application start time: 0x01d805392f3b453e
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: ?\C:\Users\baddy\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\bf-pgg\PGG\grammar.pggmod
Report Id: d31058fb-a048-4002-b548-59c1608dd103
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
Event Xml:

0x80000000000000

Application
Baddys-Gamer

FlightSimulator.exe
grammar.pggmod
608bf361
c0000005
00000000046d0ebe
53d8
01d805392f3b453e
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
?\C:\Users\baddy\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Official\Steam\bf-pgg\PGG\grammar.pggmod
d31058fb-a048-4002-b548-59c1608dd103

from my last crash… something about a “grammar.pggmod” that keeps reoccurring not sure what that means? Can anyone help, please

yep., the forum search :rofl:

It happens allways at same coords, or ? Then please have a look at here:

( workaround, so far I remeber: lower the settings )

Nope not at the coordinates it can happen anywhere any place, with every airplane.

the only case I remeber where these error not happens at allways same coords was Program crashesagain
so far I remember this was related to the weather issue, which should be fixed…

May be you find other topics for that…

Ok thanks for your help :pray:t4: sorry about the repeat post.

I’ve applied the following fixes which are giving me lasting stability on top of what I already applied in the first post:

• Task manager affinity for CPU cores
  • Set the app to low priority in task manager as well
  • Turned off live weather and using presets at the moment.

Testing now: 45 minutes into an LAX-PHX using the 737 with American Airlines livery and it’s as smooth as butter no issues so far. Will update later.

1 Like

there are some other users and which do similar duplicate posts. Doing so just made it realy hard to follow that and possible ideas are then in different topics, hard to find etc. :slight_smile:

the first points are strange in case the are helpfull… you get less load onto the cpu with that. If it helps it may point to cpu issue ( heat ).

if the weather setting was the point which was helpfull, then it would mean that the issue is still not fixed.

1 Like

I have the same. CTD´s in every condition, sometimes while flying sometimes during startup the game or downloading thirdparty software. Nothing helps.

1 Like

yeah I just had the longest session playtime since I started getting CTD’s (around late November) so this is a fix even if it’s temporary I’m happy with it. Google doesn’t do much either when I searched the grammar issue so I’ll fly around like this… for now, until a fix is found. Thanks for the help! :pray:t4:

1 Like

check this post

Possibly Photogrammetry related.

it’s more stable now after so many adjustments but still crashes, however it’s a lot less often but still crashing. Which sucks… how do I address possible photogrammetry issues?

thats easy, turn it off, when no issues then you know thats the culprit.
btw…i dont think any game is worth all that trouble anyway, but that is a different discussion.
hope you can fix the issue.

No overclocks of any kind allowed.

Something to do with Steam

1 Like

Got the same issue and it started pretty much at the same time than you. I actually never experienced CTDs in MSFS2020 before but since the problem started it’s pretty much game breaking since it’s usually crashing after only 5 to 10 minutes after starting a flight.

I first thought it was linked to a paid plane I’m using (PA-28R) because I never had crash with “vanilla” planes but I recently bought the Kodiac 100 and had a crash with it too.

Quite annoying I have to admit.

Also have the audio that is going out of sync before very crash. A few times it lead to a frozen screen (without returning to desktop) but most of the time it’s a CTD.

I have a good PC, drivers are up to date and except for 1-2 paid planes I’m not usind a lot of mods (also tried to uninstall every mod and it crashed anyway so it’s not the issue).

Hope it’ll come back to normal because right now the longest flight I was able to make was around 20 minutes =(