CTD after checking for updates

Tried unplugging all the peripherals; 1st install had CTD, same as now, 2nd looping packets, 3rd was all around ■■■■■■, 4th bypassed looping packets as MSFS instructed me too by deleting the packet, but now have same CTD.

Not sure / familiar with how to use event viewer log.

Sometimes the Event Viewer can give a helpful indication about what goes wrong(not a guarantee though).

I think searching for it should suffice, otherwise press win+ r and type eventvwr in there.
In the event viewer you can select on the left a category. I think it was something like system and then click on the subfolder applications.
There shoold be a red entry saying error logged at the time MSFS crashed. When you click on it, it should give you some cryptic text, which you can post here. This text should include something like Error Code: …
If you see other programs that crashed near the time MSFS did like max. 2min before, then that would be interesting, too.

1 Like

Trying it right now - will report back ASAP.

http://prntscr.com/1qhmq6f

In system - only source errors are DistributedCOM and no other programs. Launched at like 1:08, and nothing before or after. Disk error just says Disk 3 has been surprised removed but that was around 2 minutes after I tried MSFS.

Ah - in application, there is flight simulator stuff: I’ll paste it here:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 0.0.0.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: ucrtbase.dll, version: 10.0.19041.789, time stamp: 0x2bd748bf
Exception code: 0xc0000409
Fault offset: 0x000000000007286e
Faulting process id: 0x1e4c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d799891fa59e49
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
Report Id: 2d002ebc-c9da-41fc-9732-5a6594ae3b2d
Faulting package full name: Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.18.15.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
Faulting package-relative application ID: App

2 Likes

Searching for the error code 0xc0000409 showed this:

or this

Searching the forum for the error code may bring even more possible solutions.

Are you by any chance using an xbox name or windows language that uses special characters like e.g. Chinese?

Nope, no fancy xbox name. Only have En(US) installed, from day 1 and no other languages. No other anti-virus / firewall software besides windows. Tried without using both of them, as well.

sound tools checked ( asus *, Nahimic ? ) to ?

How do I check that?

you can check whether you find tools like asus sonic suite / radar . In case they are installed, de-install it. ( click on windows icon and enter the word “asus” :slight_smile: )

Related to Nahimic… open windows “services” ( click on windows icon and enter the word “service” :slight_smile: ) and search for the services called “Nahimic”. If you find it, choose its properties and disable it ( stop it and set satrt behavoir to disabled ).

No asus services - tried disabling nahimic and turning start behavior to disabled; unfortunately, this did not stop the CTD.

MSFS support finally after a week responded telling me to repair my box game bar - I tried repairing, resetting, signing out, and none have worked, I have also told them that. They said my xbox game bar was the faulting module even though they said prior it was urctbase dll. My event viewer is the same, with the same error code and urctbase.dll, etc.

Seriously wondering if there is any way I’m going to be able to play this game lmao.

Thanks bro!

The solution by deactivating/activating the network works fine for me. It doesn’t crash after searching for updates anymore. :+1:

I needed to do this once. After the next start of the sim all works as it should.

1 Like

No problem man! Unfortunately for my friend and I, we still can’t get into the game. The no internet works for me -ish, and for him not at all.

Glad it could be of use though, we’re still searching though!

1 Like

I’ve been able to log in via Windows Store version online no problems, it seems to be located on the steam version which is frustrating. Still followed all the steps to wipe the cloud save etc but no bueno. Any ideas?

Same thing for me. It’s impossible to play the game as it CTD in both safe and normal modes after checking for updates.

This all started aft SU5; it was fine before then.

The event log error is always the same:

Faulting application name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.20.6.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Faulting module name: FlightSimulator.exe, version: 1.20.6.0, time stamp: 0x00000000
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0000000001d15bd5
Faulting process id: 0x1960
Faulting application start time: 0x01d7d4141cab29f8
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\MicrosoftFlightSimulator\FlightSimulator.exe
Report Id: dfe85ade-b741-469f-935b-42e898443970
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:

A full reinstall did not solve the problem.

The interesting part is this: after the reinstall, I was able to exit and start the game with no problems. After a reboot, however, the game CTDed on the blue bar.

What’s the point of adding new features (other than making more money) if the authors cannot deliver a stable platform?

ME too … same issue, on a 6000$ friken PC - they seem to be tailoring only to the Xbox fans with stupid xbox controls, as if that’s supposed to be a proper flight stick … I’m still waiting for the forcefeedback to work once again making take offs and landings and turbulence a heck of alot more fun !

1 Like

Sincerely, sometimes I think about giving up having any joy in gaming at all…
I have the same issue, because of the same dll:

FlightSimulator.exe
ucrtbase.dll
2bd748bf
c0000409
000000000007286e
46bc
01d8019b47c514f6
C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\FlightSimulator.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\ucrtbase.dll
7f3ea4ab-8bad-4ebb-ab58-8b548bc8da0b
Microsoft.FlightSimulator_1.21.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe
App

I also tried… everything. Really disappointed.

what mean “everything” ?

Be aware that the issue is the combination of dll AND error-code.

Do you have already checked all the existing hints for these combination ? …

( needs possible more than 5 minutes overall forum read time and we not want repeat “everthing” the million times again )

Just to chime in on this.

I had this today. It seems related to the Xbox live app on PC.

On the update screen if you don’t see your avatar at the top right it might CTD.

I basically opened the Xbox live app closed it and boom it worked.