Current best nVidia driver thread

Here is the nVidia link that will let you down-load an older/earlier version of their driver. It will give you a list of choices after you enter in the data for your specific set-up.

Official Advanced Driver Search | NVIDIA

I’m sorry but I don’t really know if the video driver is related to the throttle flickering issue. I have not seen that one before.

May be a noisy joystick or throttle hardware. Try adjusting the noise level in your MSFS settings. Noisy hardware is not that uncommon. Try this before changing the graphics driver … :+1:

Since installing the newest driver and also yesterday, the hotfix, I am getting the overheat/driver error CTD on the Kingair. I would guess that it either this or SU12 that are the likely culprits as I have never seen this before. Hopefully, the next driver is inbound shortly and fingers crossed will fix things. I havent enough PC time to tackle it for a week or so, hence choosing this route. (3080/DX12 at this end.

1 Like

The same thing happened to me a couple of days ago on 531.41. I wasn’t flying the King Air but can’t recall which bird it was. At any rate, I had never seen this before.

After I downloaded and reinstalled the 531.18 everything is back to normal.

Perhaps that latest “hotfix” from nVidia is to be taken literally? :laughing:

Don’t know, but I am not going to mess around with it…

1 Like

After I updated to SU12, PMDG737 will eat when the ground slides and turns on the ground. It is not smooth before. I do n’t know if it is because of the problem of the drive version, the problem of the SU12, or the problem of PMDG. Other planes are normal.

What you describe does not sound like Nvidia drivers. It sounds more like SU12 changed something that had an effect on the 737, especially if other planes still behave normally.

this one is clearly reproducable for me. Driver .41 causes the overheat/driver-error while .29 is running with no complaints.

Did anyone test the new one that came yesterday? (April 13th)

I’m using it now without any problem but as I had no issues with the previous driver(s) I’m probably the wrong person to ask.

I’m seeing some improvement with 531.61. I’ve done a few short flights around KSEA (which really taxes my lower-end system) and it seems smoother, not as much stuttering on approach as I’ve been getting since SU12 came out. So far it’s keeper for me (i7-6700 16GB, GTX 1660 6GB, DX11).

1 Like

I am as well crashing since last update, and apparently there is a ton of people with the same issue, but nothing official has been said so far: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-L9n9vVtGh0&ab_channel=JB97-Tech%26Gadgets

Here is my crash:

Any moderator has any idea about this? I have not seen anything in the forums afaik

1 Like

Huge threads about this. Didnt they come up in your search?

Nope, even I wrote down the error message but I could not find it, do you have the URL please?

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/your-graphics-device-has-encountered-a-problem-ctd/577672

Theres a start.

There’s more but some have been merged/closed

1 Like

Thanks a lot!

official enough ?

1 Like

The older .29 driver has fixed it for me. Plus, everything at least appears to run a bit cooler too. A couple of two hour flights in the Kingair and not a whiff of any problems. Think this is where I shall stay for a while until a proven and better driver revision appears.

for interesst: the alternative to fallback to the <= 531.29 is, to switch back to DX11. But I also reverted the driver version and use DX12(beta). I still not updated the driver, because also with the newer .63 the problem seems present. But the linked topic explain all of that :slight_smile:

Thanks for the URL, for some reason it nothing popped up in my search, it seems there was an issue with the forum search engine at the moment

Same here, I reverted to the older driver with NVCleanstall and used the recommended NVIDIA Experience settings and I have finally managed to complete a 5h flight with no crashes.

It can be finicky! :frowning_face:

Try enclosing a word or words in quotes.