DC Designs - F-15 Strike Eagle (C, D, E & I)

Hi there ! Maybe it’s not the place. So I’ll try to be brief. I downloaded today’s F15 (and F14) patches. I’m so happy I can finally turn on both the engines on the F15 and I have no longer a dumy (why the hell is the word “■■■■■” censored?) character in the middle of my view. What a joy :slight_smile:

But I haven’t been able to catch a g/s and try ILS.

I selected and activated the right nav frequency, showed the ILS on the right screen, but there are no LOC or APP diamonds whatsoever. Am I doing something wrong ? (it works flawlessly on the F14).

Thanks a lot!

Which model? C/D? or E/I? because they work a bit differently.

F15-E. I didn’t try the other ones today.

Ok, that makes sense. :slight_smile:

To tune the ILS Freq use the CDU (the nav dials in F-15 E/I works only for VOR frequencies since ILS uses a diferent slot, F14A/B and F15C/D uses a 2 slot configuration).

If you are not familiarized with it i’ll try to guide you:

1. Locate the radionav button:

1. Type the ils freq with the keypad and press the L3 button:

Now you have it set:

1. press ils button as usual, to display the glideslope deviation and you can display the glideslope deviation while in ils mode in the MFD:

Rest is as usual

4 Likes

OK, excellent! Thanks for your time! I’ll try this first time tomorrow :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m confused with the F15 updates
Which is the latest version ??
1.0.6 ??

Yes, but sometimes the numbering differs depending on where you bought it. If you have tire smoke effects, you’re on the most recent version.

Got the F-15 yesterday from Just Flight. Is the manual up to date?

No, it’s due a big update, just trying to find the time to do it. Flight data is all good, but autopilot is much improved since the manual was written, and HUD / displays much more detailed.

1 Like

Just got a mail from Just Flight about F15 and F14 patches. Sadly I originally bought the F15 from Sim market and it looks like they are still on F15 1.0.5

Any idea when this will update?

It’s being sent as we speak or is already with Sim Market, so it’s just up to them to update it.

1 Like

Dean, still not possible to increase / decrease the HUD brightness of the F15?
I can turn it off but I wish I could have it on a bit less bright
Thank you

Pretty sure it is actually but most of those changes were done by @CodenameJack447 - not sure where the current switch for that is?

You mean, it’s possible to decrease the HUD brightness???

No, unlike the f-14, we still have to implement the knobs that can control the brightness of the panels and the HUD independently. But it has not been possible yet due to lack of time. What has been done in this update is to activate the HUD power switch again to turn the HUD on and off and the transponder knobs have been returned to their original functions. The functions that were temporarily assigned to these knobs to control MFD functions are now found on the right vertical buttons of the MFD.

2 Likes

I bought the F15 from aerosoft.com and they told me today that they haven’t received the 1.06 update so can’t send it to me. How can I get it?

1 Like

Just Flight should be sending it soon, apparently the guy responsible for that was on holiday :+1:

1 Like

I went on holiday once. It was nice. :beach_umbrella:

5 Likes

It was sent to them on Wednesday of this week. AM. Hope you have it now.

1 Like

I take it that means that due to the speed at which Microsoft seem to work, and I’m on the Xbox, I can expect the update in about 5 years.