Discussion: June 24th, 2021 Development Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Use this thread for feedback and discussion.

2 Likes

Any info about today’s small update?

Info about today’s mystery update would be greatly appreciated.

A few clarifications:

The flighting opportunity that we announced several weeks ago for Steam isn’t happening as the build came in hot a little too close to this new flight. So, we are moving on with with the new flight very soon. :slight_smile:

As far as the seemingly random mystery update, I’ll post here when I know more about the origins.

5 Likes

A little disappointed to find marketplace update didn’t contain Carenado’s beautiful C170B.

1 Like

Wait. What? How? We Love VFR is a “featured freeware”? Thank you! That’s awesome and we are very happy and honoured here at Puffin HQ :wink:

16 Likes

I have CTD since latest small update during loading FS2020 - with emty community folder no problem but with aircraft liveies and other mods got CTD. Im tired about that- because it happens after every update. After Scandinavian update everythink works well, accept of Zinertek enhanced airport grafics. But what is the reason now. Im sad and tired about it…

I see the next test will be through the Xbox Insider Hub. Do you know if the team is still looking at running tests through Steam or both platforms in the future?

The workflow that 343 use for testing MCC is really easy for an end-user, and unlike the Windows Store, I can easily remove all steam directories created by installing MSFS.

3 Likes

Yes this is something they hope to do as well in the future!

1 Like

Delete liveries from community folder and/or aviator / pilot liveries from onestore folder.

After that delete file named Content.xml

Can’t wait for next week’s dev Q&A.

Really hope the LOD and “Ultra Performance mode” will be discussed (better photogrammetry from further distances, no more triangle/pyramids showing where skyscrapers/downtown buildings should be, especially when you’re in an airliner and only a few miles away from buildings, no more “popping” of textures/trees/mountains/hills, etc.) I’ve been waiting all year for this!

Seems to be one of the liveries of freeware Dash 8 Q 400. I dont know which one but t’s one of them. Seems to do nothing with the latest update, sorry…

That one I’ll believe when I see it with my own eyes.

2 Likes

Increase live traffic again.

so will be there a beta for steam users or not? thx for the clarification.

The next beta will be exclusive to Microsoft Store users. The future ones might be on Steam.

I was really surprised by “August 5th - Aviat Huskey A-1C”
Honestly: do we really need a third Piper Cub-like aircraft? And it’s not only the looks: the specs of the Huskey: weight, size, performance and even the engine are almost completely identical to the XCub. The only difference is that the Huskey has steam gauges.

Isn’t there something out there that’s a little bit more original than that?

1 Like

We need airliners. Airliners. Airliners. Not ones from 1945. Airliners.

1 Like

I agree. We need airliners. Airliners. Airliners … from the 1950’s and '60’s :laughing:

3 Likes