Discussion: November 19th, 2020 Development Update

Obviously speculation, but did they extend the multiple monitor support implementation knowing VR would become available first and users would find they don’t need multiple monitors when using VR? More of a let’s see how VR unfolds before we put any effort into multiple monitors.

1 Like

Not sure about VR and the actual number of simmers doing that. I just know there is a very large group of multi monitor users and cockpit builders out there from my immersion in X-Plane. Seems they are maybe sitting on the fence of “game” or “simulator”

On another note, who gets uncomfortable watching the Developer Q and A’s? Haha! These poor guys have had so much negativity thrown at them lately. I’m sure Microsoft was the decision maker of when to release MSFS - I’ll bet ASOBO was horrified, knowing how buggy it was! Just my two cents gents. Happy Saturday.

3 Likes

Dreadful performance remained the only referred item for update 7, so will it just contain “USA Update + fixes” to the dreadful performance ? It’s already disappointing. Issues like night lighting, calm water sun reflections and AI pilot should be dealt with immediately, though.

2 Likes

Yeah, I saw Sebastian has been very tired in the Q&As (especially the first one). I can only imagine what inhumane hours he had to work.
I hope he (and the rest of the team) gets a well deserved time off soon enough. :slight_smile:

About the VR I too think there are many more people with multiple screens waiting for support than VR headset people? Kinda strange to support VR first. But there is a chance multi screen support will be released early 2021 and then receives ongoing updates in 2022. :slight_smile: I cannot imagine multi screen development takes up so much time. But I can imagine they want to add some extra functionality over time for home cockpits with screen layouts and stuff.

We’ll see next week what the next couple of months bring. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

hahahaha you want a rehashed plane real bad i see for 140$ at that. ngx ng3 ng all the same plane just recharged lol

What’s that saying: It’s lonely at the top.

Meanwhile, Australia is largely unrecognisable.

1 Like

As harsh as it may sound, they might be prioritizing Xbox release more rather than the issues with users that are already onboard since it will add to their top line.

2 Likes

the accurate depiction of the New York subway system is not even on the schedule yet sigh

1 Like

A few minutes old? can you tell me how can temps go from 30-35 to 0 in a few minutes?
This hasn’t been fixed since day 1 of release. Maybe the reason is so many people like you in every topic telling people everything is ok on your side.
Go check OIMM METAR and go check OIMM in MSFS2020. See for yourself.
Live weather maybe OK for EU and US, but not for the whole world as it’s supposed to be, and it’s far from not being broke.
Some people think Asobo is doing us a favour by fixing some of the broken promised features. Donno why :expressionless:
Live weather was completely broken at launch, now it’s way better, but still, it’s not even on par with some free METAR weather addons (in temrs of accuracy, not eye candy stuff) for MSFS/P3D/XP. Should we be thankful for that?
With all those topics and reports and analyses there are still major flaws in live weather and we should not go easy with it.

2 Likes

Or you could spend the energy in your 4 paragraph response and submit a zendesk ticket vs chiding me in a forum. :man_shrugging:

2 Likes

I did, and the response was it’s a known issue and a link to forums. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

PMDG makes such good products though, super enjoyable and rewarding to fly. 100’s of hours of entertainment for me is easily worth $100+ for the plane.

Combine that with the potential from MSFS 2020 and I’m in aviation heaven.

I’d like to point out that because the “Terrible night lighting after patch 5” thread from the “Bugs&Issues” category didn’t make it into the feedback snapshot despite having more than enough votes, a topic has been created for the upcomng Q&A:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/terrible-night-lighting-after-patch-5-466-votes-already-are-you-reconsidering-night-lighting-in-future-updates-and-how-can-the-community-further-help-you/324061?u=toml7753
And there are more topics dealing with the lighting:
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/floating-lights-at-night/323265/2?u=toml7753
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/any-plans-to-adjust-the-night-light-intensity/323000?u=toml7753
https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/any-plans-to-add-night-light-variations/322999?u=toml7753

Considering the overall amount of votes (although there will be multiple votes by several users for sure) I hope the topic merits some attention in the coming Q&A (or better yet - updates :slight_smile:)
Thx in advance

3 Likes

I have said it before in another place. The voting system is useless. We are given the illusion of having a say, but our votes are not decisive. And then we are happy when something is taken up. Then eye candies always have more votes than simulation-specific things. So it never becomes a simulator, but a nice casual game. I do not think much of this voting system. Asobo himself knows what’s wrong and should fix it. If we have to explain to Asobo what works how, then something is fundamentally wrong with Asobo. The goal is a flight simulator and not a flight game. But I think Asobo only cooks with cold water.

2 Likes

Yeah well i hope you enjoy paying for the same aircraft you got in fs2004 and fsx just with the same or a higher price tag they have no loyalty to the customer base at all. i rather pay for half baked aircraft for a lot less, if i’m paying more i want something new i’m enjoying the sim planes and some paid Ga planes for a lot cheaper $100+ is not worth it for any level of computer plane lol

So, are the people complaining about “grainy” clouds using 4K?

I’m a pilot, I use 4K on a 55" LG UN557300, I just flew an IFR mission yesterday through the clouds, then reset them to be scattered on the way home, and by that mean, I was flying just under and around the scattered level at 3000 - 6000 ft. Flying through the clouds was great for me, pretty much what it looks like to me when I fly, and I didn’t have any issue with them. Granted, I was more worried about flying, especially in the turbulent air when flying through the rain and clouds IFR and I wasn’t getting out my microscope and looking at the clouds with a critical viewpoint, but, overall, the experience was very real to me, and I didn’t notice any graininess…

I will look for that in the future (and maybe won’t be able to unsee it after that, haha), but, really, just wondering if you’re all using 4K monitors, or is this a 1920 x 1080 kind of issue?

3 Likes

So, basically, you’re saying the voting system doesn’t work for you. That, basically, your opinion and desires are not the same as the majority.

I’m sorry you’re upset that you don’t feel like your needs are being met.

I think we all have to accept that

1. Asobo has a requirement from their investors to create something that will sell best, and will even more importantly demonstrate some very important technologies that are critical for Microsoft’s future.
  2. From what I can tell, Asobo also develops from the heart and have said many times that they see their most important job is:
    A. develop something that is fun and easy to pick up for the masses
    B. develop a platform from which great things can be developed
    C. They call the game Flight Simulator, not Flight Game, and that is where their heart is.

I totally trust they are doing their best, and I understand the job they have in front of them, and in my opinion, based on what I see and my understanding of what it takes to develop a product, it’s going to take about 2 years for the software to get really awesome. Maybe they’ll beat my estimation, that would be great.

7 Likes

I am completely with you.
Recently I played Tom Clancy’s HAWX and Ace Combat again.
Even, if MSFS is far from being realistic, there is a huge difference between these arcade games and MSFS.
The thing is, playing this flight “simulator” is just enjoying your time - no more, no less.
I don’t understand the bashing in each thread and every fs community all the time.
If there is a product on the market, that already fulfills your requirements, e.g. X-Plane, then why playing MSFS?

1 Like

For me, clouds are very grainy on my 1440p monitor playing at high/ultra settings. Playing at 1440p and render scaling set to 100.

If I plug into my 4k tv and choose 1080p with everything maxed it looks downright fantastic. Maybe render scaling set to 200 rather than 100 makes the difference.