Discussion + Poll: GOTY (1.21.13.0)

And yes, our clouds actually do grow out of the ground!

But not with the cloud formation as it is shown in the sim.

I think the release notes say that WUs include small updates for places other than the featured areas.

You can also see this kind of thing in the Blue Ridge Mountain range in the USA.

forget it … MS bug …

nice, never seen this here on the baltic coast… only FS make it possible :joy: :rofl:

1 Like

Possibly something to do with “haze” issue people have been reporting? Have you tried playing around with the new humidity slider in preset weather?

You might be relieved to know that your message has been heard, and the next update will solely be devoted to bug fixing. In fact it has been communicated already a while back, so I am not quite sure of the added value of demanding something that is going to happen over and over again.

1 Like

I tried this and my performance was a lot worse, complete stutter fest. Once I reinstall the WU all was better again.

No for a 100 bucks we HAD a better simulator before some sim updates.

2 Likes

Those are good clouds and I often get them like that as well. However I presume you still have blocky pixelation around the edges when you get close to the cloud? As I understand this is one of the things people are unhappy about.

3 Likes

The status shown here relates to multiplayer and is nothing to do with whether you are connected to the internet or not and are getting streaming data etc. It’s confusing I know. To see this, turn multiplayer on in the data options and you’ll see this chnage to online and then you can choose a multiplayer server if you want. Turn multiplayer off will then chnage this to show offline.

Regardless of what it says here, you are actually online and will get strreamed scenery/photogrammetry etc.

Another easy way to check is that if you really are offline, you won’t be able to access the marketplace.

1 Like

Ah thank you @gordongreig !
Now i understood everything :white_check_mark:

1 Like

This isn’t new by the way. Here are some screenshots from September last year:

2/9/20:

16/9/20:

17/9/20:

19/9/20:

30/9/20:

4 Likes

With this update the sim got mostly unplayable for me and I’m close to just waiting a few months and not playing anymore, because of the bugs the sim has atm.

• My settings are reseted on every startup.
  • The co-pilot does whatever it wants, although it is deactivated. Sometimes I can not even fly, because the engine thrust is constantly set back to zero! Also flaps are controled and set to what the co-pilot wants.
  • The performance in VR has become worse for me and the toolbar is not usable anymore. Also I have a lot of CTD in VR.

I’m becoming more and more disappointed and annoyed that every update adds new bugs that make the game experience worse for me.
And I dont get why it is more important to introduce new content constantly instead of fixing bugs which do exist for months. What is the point of new content if the sim no longer works? I’ d rather have no new content for a few months, but bug fixing.

3 Likes

Had a good chance to do a bunch of flights since the update. The only issues I have are

1. Clouds. Defo too close to the ground, and coming out of the ground
  2. If I go into the menu a few times during the flight, the FPS crashes down to single digits, as does the sim (Menus) become sluggish. and won’t recover.

Beyond that, it has been running great. Tested in many different areas of the world. Been using REX weather, and will do so until the clouds get sorted out. Running DX11.

How about the dev updates? There was nothing on the announced 25th/11… will there be one today?

A few hours old:

It just released (public) minutes ago, not hours. But ive seen it already :slight_smile:

2 Likes

And voila… they’re aware of and fixing the SU7 bugs. See all, patience is always key.

4 Likes

Aha … those remarks again

Yes they are aware … yes the promise … yes in the end it is not fixed … only happened with 7 updates sofar. Ow and am patient for only 1.5 years now

With every update we get the same routine … acknowledging bugs … we are aware …. And then what ? Bug are not fixed / partially fixed … or cause more bugs

Have you seen the latest dev update know issue list ???

6 bugs …. ALL introduced with latest update … all are there for weeks now. All promised to be solved ASAP …. Another beta test program ( not needed because beta testers only complaint they are not listened to for MONTHS already )

ALL should have been solved after a hotfix a few days after release ! ASL / MSL mixup can happen i understand …BUT a fix should not be so hard for a good programmer to fix (switch em back :thinking: )

With every dev update or anouncement we get the “ see they are working on it” remarks … or “see now the sim will be fixed thanks you Asobo” … it turns out to be a disappointment EVERY time though

3 Likes