Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Same performance as before here but seeing a few reports of performance drops as well. What CPU / GPU are you using?

Have you restarted the PC after the update? Checked in-sim settings? Rolling cache? Any mods in the Community folder?

I was getting 44 fps in my test region
 now im getting around 30 fps.

1 Like

Yep, just wiped out 80gb worth of mods and it still doesn’t work right.

Well I’m flying on a laptop with MX-330 between 18 fps and 24
 did a lot of landing challenges with that.

You say you used to have 44 above city ? You’re afraid of 30 ? It should not be a problem

Likewise, just completed a 2hr flight which was very smooth in VR and performance seemed on a par if not slightly better. Will test that further with my usual test routes. Knew London and Heathrow was going to be a nightmare, multiplayer on, in the 787 and night landing with all the lights, in VR, and it was but par for the course there.

1 Like

Anyone with Alpha or Bravo quadrants unable to select headings in less than 10 degree increments and altitudes in less than 1000 foot increments after the update? Before update (known bug), mouse wheel scrolling would advance heading by 10 altitude by 1000, mouse left button clicking would advance by 1 and 100. Since update it is worse, scrolling and clicking both advance by 10 and 1000. There is now no way to select heading in 1 degree increments and altitudes in 100 foot increments. Makes the sim unusable

since the update a 3rd party airport (freeware kai tak, VHHX) is not accessible anymore via world, also the accompanying landing challenge now fails right after touch down with the message “you did not land on the designated runway”.

anyone has an idea what went wrong there? i can fly from other airpots, and make flight plans, it just seems they purged vhhx from the database

same here
 i have lost 15 fps. My GPU used to be at 95% and my CPU around 50%. Now my GPU is as low as 60% and CPU very high
 like 90%. My fps is so low, it is now virtually unflyable around larger cities. I will not be flying if this doesn’t get corrected. I will be reading this thread to see how many others are effected.

2 Likes

No aerodynamics / flight model improvements? :cry:

well there’s that:
New customization menu in the World map to further adjust the aircraft to perfectly match specific real world aircraft. The changes only affects the next flight and they are not persistent.

• Empty CG position: We can now have a different empty CG position, just like real world aircraft that all may have slightly different empty balance.
  • Wear: We can now increase the wear of the fuselage to get a slightly higher parasitic drag and simulate older aircraft.
  • Control surface limits: We can now adjust the maximum angle limits for elevator, rudder and aileron control surfaces to simulate the slight difference that may exist between different real aircraft. Check Type Certificate Data Sheet (TCDS) Information for real world aircraft control surface angle limit variation tolerance.

same here
15 fps loss. GPU from 95% down to 60% now.

Final Thoughts on LDA correction.

95% Better, but still the MSFS Flight Planner is messing up on publiished approached.

The LDA 19 Y (as shown on the Flight Planner or VFR Map) still takes you over the White House restricted airspace.

Somehow it generates a User WP, so that the last x miles of the approach are on runway heading, and is taking you off the LDA – but if you are “Flying the Localizer”, you are OK – just the flight planner is misleading.

Bottom Line – GOOD ENOUGH – Big Improvement, and really the issue now is the “FLIGHT PLANNER”, not the LDA

2 Likes

Mort if you get that mod, lmk your thoughts.

Any reason why IFR pilots are left holding the BAG again with G1000?

11 Likes

Will do. I’ll let the whole mod scene do their thing for a couple of days. I don’t generally mess around with mods the first week after an update :wink:

Well my freshly updated FBW DEV A320, just did a barrel roll on it’s own on AP, so I guess asobo did work a little bit on it

2 Likes

I’ve noticed my settings get reset sometimes. For example, HDR was turned off at the Windows setting level (which I didn’t do) and my power settings reverted as well.

Check out what I posted in this thread - I promise it will help you get better FPS

1 Like

For me Alfa controls have the same issue on tbm when yoke is connected. Altitude was ok but hdg and FLC speed only changes by 10. If I unplug it all is fine, pretty annoying.

Hmm, so I guess all the other “improvements” from the aerodynamics video either got released in previous updates (so not much of an improvement) or being released in next updates, thats a bummer

2 Likes

I just installed the update. Removed all performance and ac mods from Community folder.

I did two long Sightseeing flights in VR with the TMB over Gran Canaria, and the sim runs smothly. No problems at all. Noticed just some small changes (YD comes on automatically with AP, this kind of stuff, nothing major).

Now waiting for WT G3000 mod to update too. :slightly_smiling_face: