Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

As in ALL updates to the sim, any 3rd party mods will most likely break until they’re patched. That’s the nature of the game.

3 Likes

This one is fantastic!

Does it mean their interpretation of the 10deg bug problem was this bug in their code base and since they solved this bug in their code base, they thought they solved the 10 deg bug without actually knowing what it is we are talking about in these forums and therefore begging the question why we are loosing time reporting?

Or

Does it mean this is an unrelated bug they have corrected but the specific 10 deg acceleration bug correction is still not released and won’t be until WU4 or a hot fix in between?

I find this really really puzzling not in terms of not being able to correct bugs, but in terms of is there really someone able to comprehend the reports we send via Zendesk or via Topics with votes, able to understand what it is about, and able to translate this into technical explanation to a sufficient level so that developers can more effectively understand what it is all about.

I’m sorry to insist on this but I believe the 3rd party developers are able to cope with understanding the link between simmers feedback and simulator function, and this further strengthen to me the idea of the shared source approach I’m exposing for the next Q&A and which you can support in clicking the heart icon here:

Live Dev Q&A: Guided Question - #61 by CptLucky8

6 Likes

My god you are an elitist, aren’t you?

3 Likes

Hello,
Latest update was performed today screen goes to load whatever flight and crash to desktop, i cannot do anything to make this game run after this latest update, was working fine prior to the update

2 Likes

I know, but this time it’s not even showing the cockpit!

But you have time to complain on a forum about something you haven’t experienced yourself? Odd that.

2 Likes

Guys I just started msfs and another update popped up ( 1.41GB )? Is that an additional fix?

i have nothing, nothing will load when i select any flight weather its training or anything it crashes back to desktop with no error message

Nope…I think that had something to do with liveries

Could you please restore everything to the initial version when MSFS2020 was released. I think it would be the best update and solve many problems you created in meantime. Seriously, when there will be a separate test server available ?
btw. FSX liveries? I think everyone was waiting for it .

6 Likes

Prior to the update my GPU averaged 80 percent and my CPU 60 After the update, my GPU is averaging 85 percent and my CPU 60 to 65. Frame rates and VSync externally locked at 30 via NVCP. Absolutely no detectable change in performance whatsoever, other than possibly less microstutters over dense terrain.

2 Likes

I know you probably heard this before…is your community folder empty? This sim is very temperamental…you look at it wrong and it crashes…kind of like my wife…lol

2 Likes

This controls how much ground crew is displayed in the hangar menu. Drag it to 0 and only 2 ground staff are displayed. Less to render, less graphic load in the start menu.

1 Like

I think the fauna slider is new, and should change the spawning of wildlife like seagulls (which can hammer performance), giraffes and elephants.

Same here , stutters at all.
Even fliying at high altittude

1 Like

Wow! I just installed the update and went to fly the Carenado Arrow. Upon landing as soon as I put a notch of flaps the plane started doing cartwheels?!

1 Like

Mods need to be updated after a patch. If you can’t give the authors of the mods a couple of days to update to the latest patch, stop using mods.

4 Likes

I have written exactly above you what the slider does. Try it out and see for yourself.

You know, I had a feeling the so called Garmin improvements were going to fall short of any reasonable expectations…I didn’t expect them to fall this far short, but whatever.

The fact that the 10 degree but is still not fixed, though, is absurd. It is mind boggling how the prioritization process works for this title.

4 Likes