Discussion: Sim Update 3 (1.14.5.0)

Erm yeah, a typo I meant wind was from 290. I had little nav map on at the time with the wind direction showing and it was veering a bit from 270 to 290 but it was definitely a headwind.
I’ll setup the same flight again and give it another go when I get a bit of spare time.

It happens the same to me. Lenovo Exolorer glasses. Sorry for my English

Oh, ok… I’ll have to check this out myself tonight (if I ever fire up this joke of a sim again).

I have found a workaround. If you open the toolbar and press the Settings icon at the end, toggle the item you want to use off and on then it will display properly in VR.

1 Like

I’m an amature pilot, just saying in advance. Updated last night, thought I had a problem as the update, CTD 4 times before making it past the first few packages. After that it worked fine. So far so good for me, everything seems to be working fine. My setup:
i7-5930K
48Gb ram
Nvidia gtx970

Haven’t noticed any anomalies so far, will be loading updated mods as become available.
Have tweaked my settings to get at min. 30fps and still get decent resolution. So far I love the game and just started using Navigraph to get my departures, arrivals and approaches correct. Still working on my landings, definetly not perfect, but survivable. Mostly flying the DA62.

Errrrrr, no I did not. You quoted what I said. It was obviously about sofware for health care and not healthcare as in the system that people debate over.

How is the price paid relevant? I agree that, for instance, if buying a knock off brand power tool that costs much less than a top of the line power tool, then yes, your expectation of quality is less with the knock off brand. With MSFS, it is virtually a one off, so you can’t really compare it with anything else based on value. Let me ask you this, would you still be forgiving if you had paid $1000.00 for it.

1 Like

Save your anger for something more suitable. That you could even imagine they would deliberately release SU3 knowing about such an issue, shows that your mistrust prevents any attempts at sound reasoning.

If you had watched the stream yourself, you’d know that they didn’t find out about the performance issue until after release. And the reason for that is that they have not tested on the particular hardware on which the problem shows.

There’s no way in Hell they’ll ever be able to test on all possible configurations. A beta test set-up would help there, but it’s not as straight-forward as some may think, and it would never provide 100% assurance that such issues were found in test.

2 Likes

I thought was a software house not a charity organization.
“be patient” I’m not patient, not happy at all if they make a mess each and every update

1 Like

It’s not a matter they have to test all possible configurations…it’s a matter it seems they don’t test at all. Were the spikes difficult to see? The corrupted aircraft behaviour difficult to see? The increase in hardware resource demand after the last update difficult to see? The third party add-on corrupted each and every update difficult to see? I don’t think so honestly

1 Like

This is exactly what is happening to me. I’ve lowered all of my settings, including the render scaling as advised by MS in reply to the ticket I raised, that has recovered most of my FPS, but like you I’m getting sustained periods of VERY low FPS, one of those is over Headcorn in Kent.

1 Like

So it’s a charity organization…good to know

Meh, FS2020 is still the best flight simulator for my needs than FSX and X plane ever were. Even with the bugs.

And now all the bugs that were an issue for me have been fixed.

And it’ll continue to get better.

And the community content is amazing.

And the community help fix the bugs that asobo didn’t catch, until asobo fixes them

“It shouldn’t be up to the community to fix the things!”

But… they do… and here I am, still playing flight sim and having fun!

Hell, one group of the community is now being paid to make things better!!

“It should be fixed more quickly! It should have been perfect on release!”

Maybe… but it isn’t. They’ve said it isn’t going to be for a long time. I signed up for that, I’m sorry if other people thought they were signing up for a perfect simulator with 100% accurate aircraft included from the get go. This is not COD or Cyberpunk. Flight sim’s are developed over time. Over half of the tech and companies involved in this sim are brand new or bespoke.

It is what it is.

3 Likes

I figured I would just wait until say sim update 6 and come back and give it another shot but these updates don’t look like they are fixing much and still adding a plethora of other issues. Performance is all but gone and some VR people have left looking for refunds despite a good release followed by a dreadful patch. I’m not a pilot but I feel like I have maxed out on MSFS due to it’s limitations.

I can’t learn anything in a broken sim. Hell I can barely plan a flight in this flight sim with the built in planner let alone fly one. I honestly just don’t have the will to debug this stuff anymore. Especially when it doesn’t get fixed or I have to be nice and hope someone votes on my issues. When someone like me with no flying experience or knowledge has to keep coming forward with bugs that are effecting my flights it starts to feel hopeless. Then you see more DLC and more world updates and to be honest I hate it. Most of the visual eye candy is broken in some way too.

I wish I could turn the marketplace off entirely and with it the slow boot of the app while it downloads all the new marketplace data at slow as snail speeds. The whole package feels like it was built in a rush from the launcher to the UI. Does the world map even save our settings yet? Then every update forced on us just pushes me away more. This time I did not update the app. I’m glad I didn’t waste the time doing it either because looking at all the performance issues and stuttering threads. Plus my own issues from UK update that went completely under the radar.

Just curious but how long are we going to have to wait for an actual flight sim that works out of the box? The big rush to get it onto console is just going to push everyone away and six months after release you are gutting VSYNC and using a completely different implementation. Thank god I use GSYNC id be furious. Again who does this stuff as a developer? I am actually baffled at how this project is handled. When I watch the dev streams sure the devs say all the right stuff but actions speak way louder than words and so far it’s all just PR.

Hope someone up there is actually paying attention. This feels more like Microsoft Scenery Barn Arcade at this point and I really don’t think the people in charge are making very good decisions for a flight sim. If you want to stick a balloon on the cover and be done with it fine but quit wasting our time and money. That said I’m taking a nice long break and I hope when I come back we actually have a proper flight sim. Clearly the devs are under too much pressure and looks like they also need a vacation.

Maybe best to delay XBOX release and get this project back on track with fresh bodies and mindset?

11 Likes

If it was mission critical software and I paid $1K for it then yes I’d be more upset. However, it isn’t mission critical and I only paid $60 for it. I simply am hopeful that ASOBO will step up a bit more and get things fixed, but I don’t think constantly whacking them over the head will help in this case.

2 Likes

@ImmergingWheel7, when you do run it with mods, which ones do you use? The Baron is one of my go-to aircraft in the piston twin category, but I haven’t found many (any?) good mods for her, so I’m wondering what you have managed to dig up.

Thanks!

I appreciate your point, I paid £110, but at the end of the day, it doesn’t matter if an item costs £5, or £5000, it should be fit for purpose. For the most part I’ve had a good MSFS experience, and think it’s a great game/sim. My issue is that they release a ‘mandatory update’, and for a lot of people it breaks something, this time it was a big one for me in a loss of FPS, in a game that already struggles to maintain decent FPS. I wish they would set up a large Beta team from the community, like they did originally prior to the launch, to fully test updates prior to the rollout.

6 Likes

Hello everybody. Something funny not mentioned in the change notes: MSFS 2020 has a “frame rate limit” setting to set the frame rate to 20fps, 30fps, 60fps or V-Sync off. In version 1.14.5.0 the frame rate limit does not longer work. I know for sure that I switched to 20fps to make better video recording.
See my video https://youtu.be/yk7FW5-sw4g
The airplane in the video is in active pause to have the same number of triangles to render.

Update: The no more frame rate limit is since version 1.13.16.0. See V1.13.16.0 - screen tearing not a bug but a design change - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I use Nvidia Systemsteuerung (this is NO overclocking tool!) to set 30 fps or “Adaptiv (halbe Aktualisierungsrate)”:

I would like just to play few weeks without too many (new) issues…it was working in a decent way before last update…I don’t think I’m asking that much

1 Like

My download, which was taking forever at around 1 mbps, was interrupted by a power failure. After that I was stuck at the checking for updates screen. I filed a Zendesk report, followed their instructions, without any success. Uninstalled the Sim as they suggested, then discovered that there may have been a server issue yesterday… Now having installed the Sim again I am stuck at the checking for updates screen again. I love the Sim, but this monthly update fiasco is destroying my confidence in Asobo, I lost confidence in Microsoft a long time ago. I deliberately bought the disc version because I thought I would be able to use it independently if there were issues on line. That was a mistake. I’m waiting for further Zendesk advice on how to proceed. In view of other people’s problems with the update I wonder whether it will be worth it. Its such a shame as its wonderful when it’s working.

2 Likes