Discussion: Top Rudder Solo 103

The Top Rudder Solo 103 is available now in the Marketplace for $9.99! Click here for more information.

If you decide to purchase and use this plane, please answer the following questions below and feel free to provide initial feedback here.

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best, how smooth was purchasing and installing this aircraft?

0 voters

On a scale of 1 to 10, 10 being the best, how do you rate your experience flying this aircraft? Please fly this aircraft for at least an hour before responding.

0 voters

4 Likes

Can I get a receipt for my purchase?

You should be able to view your receipt via the Microsoft Store or Steam in your Order History. This will show you the flight credits purchased as well as the $ amount.

However, there is a feature request out for showing an itemized receipt from the Marketplace, which is not yet in place but the feedback has been passed on to the Marketplace team for future implementation! Itemized receipts from MSFS Marketplace

1 Like

Thanks, I’ll hold off then.

5 Likes

I’d like to buy it but could you give us some more info? Is it A2A, Simcoders, Hotstart, Milviz level when it comes to flight model, features and realism? Does it have random failures, MTBF, gradual wear and tear, maintenance etc? Does it have realistic electric, temperature, engine and fuel simulation? Does it have a damage model so that if I intentionally or accidentally abuse the airframe then I will have to live and deal with the consequences? Does it have features that will inspire me to read its official POH and learn to fly and take care of it by the numbers?

3 Likes

I’m sorry to ask if this is a stupid question, but is this the same as?

2 Likes

All great questions! I’d say if I were in your shoes I’d wait to check out some reviews here or around the web so you can make a more informed purchase as those aspects are important to you.

We’ll be having an ultralight flier come on our stream in a week or so to fly around and compare it to his IRL experience which may be of interest to you as well before purchasing! Will keep you updated on when that will be.

5 Likes

Weird that basic questions are delegated to 3rd parties about your own product.

9 Likes

It is the same! Only difference is that the one in simmarket is a highly modified version with a bigger engine and various other improvements.

1 Like

I think your referring to @Jummivana who is answering questions. She is the community manager for MSFS. Not a third party!

Sorry, you don’t get my point at all

I think your point is to be passive-aggressive to a Community Manager who is trying to be helpful and polite in return to your OBVIOUSLY aggressive posture. That and EvidencePlz’s loaded question. Entirely NOT nice and just… bad vibes.

36 Likes

The V.G.P. plane has a bigger engine so is faster and it now includes a float version that makes it more versatile. The Asobo plane, to me, looks and sounds a little better and the flight model feels better, you have to be more careful at low speeds.

I like and would recommend both.

8 Likes

Sorry to hear, not my intention at all. I can be very snarky and the current sim state does not help things.
Thanks for sharing, I do appreciate your feedback.

I do tend to disagree with the status quo in the gaming(flightsim?) community that products are not properly advertised, and that buyers are pointed to reviews by 3rd parties to learn about what features are actually implemented.

4 Likes

Let’s stay on topic to discussion of the new ultralight and refrain from any name-calling towards each other. Thanks!

5 Likes

Here is the description of what is included from the Marketplace for those who haven’t checked it out yet:

2 Likes

I’ve been flying this thing around for a bit. First a short flight on my normal screen, then a longer flight in VR.

I can seriously recommend this plane to anyone who has a VR HMD available. It’s been the most convincing VR experience I’ve had in this sim so far.

Only thing I would really like in this plane is a basic compass :smiley:

Did another short flight, spawned in with life weather, and it was raining, so didn’t make it too long. But flying this thing in the rain was another amazing VR experience.

13 Likes

I didn’t find @EvidencePlz post aggressive at all. I think he/she is wondering the exact same thing I am - is this just an eye-candy plane with a flight model that’s so unrealistic it’s not worth buying. So far I’ve found that to be true of all of the GA planes in MSFS.

So long and short here’s the question - is this just more eye candy, which I’m not at all interested in, or does it have a somewhat convincing flight model?

Scott

7 Likes

Exactly this. Thank you :slight_smile:

3 Likes