Dreadful performance

What is your latest on stuttering? Have you tried the Japan scenic tour yet. The scenery even on ultra is janky. Approaching Tokyo it’s all weird with slow performance and less than amazing buildings. My processor isn’t as fast as yours though. I only have a 6800K

was there any noticeable change you detected after turning it off?

since the last patch, MSFS has become unusable for me
after a long flight time the FPS drops to 5 and this results in a CDT!
MSFS went much better for me in the prerelase!
MSFS is getting worse from patch to patch.

1 Like

thanks! will try that out later.

Not really… (sorry for late reaction)

What GHz clock frequency are you running on that Ryzen 5 3600?

Stock speed.
Overclocking a 3600 doesn’t bring any gain at all, and it makes the CPU run even more hot.
It’s watercooled with a Coolermaster ML240.

wow, didn’t know that. I know the new line of AMD has a max of 4.9GHz @ $799.00 usd – trying to get to 5.0GHz isn’t cheap.

Don’t put too much emphasis on clockspeed. The new AMD line has a 19% IPC (Instructions per clock) improvement over the last gen AMD CPU’s, so a 4.9GHz Zen3 CPU will be able to do as many calculations as a Zen2 CPU running at 5.8GHz.

You can only compare CPU’s in the same generation based on clockspeeds, since they share the same architecture.

Wait for the new announced AMD Ryzen 5000 series, much faster than Intel…

Bravo for including all the detail you did. do you have GEForce experience running, or did you kill that too? I’m wondering if things like PollyPot software (for GoFlight panels) and SpadNexT for Logitech Panels and other things like Mobi-Flight & Lorby kill frames too. I think there are so many things that slow things down that I need, that getting a new processor like upcoming Rocket Lake or the Ryzen stuff coming up will be mandatory and I’m not so sure I won’t need a 3090 to-boot. (My turbo-clock speed of the 6800K is just scraping 4GHZ (3.9999)) so it’s not the best. Thanks again, this is great info!!! But like you said, dropping 5K is a whopper cost for the alternative to killing and cleaning up unnecessary processes.

1 Like

Hi @LinenOrc9251924
Everything that is running takes something from the PC. My ‘guidelie’ is that if it’s not necessary for FS, kill it! I don’t run anything else but FS. Still waiting for stocks of the 3080 to be real here in Australia. Hopeful that will make for a great experience.
Thanks
PaulyFSPauly

1 Like

I am curious and trying out some of these settings myself. But i wounder, why did you switch off shader cache? Doesnt it make the CPU load even worse?

And do you notice less stuttering with low latency set to ultra high? For me it seems to eat away at the fps some, but also i have a GTX 970…

1 Like

From what I read, if one has an SSD then shader cache is not required. Obviously I have an SSD. I will experiment with the latency setting, I just used a suggestion from a optimisation recommendation. Now you mention it, I will experiment.

I am playing with this at the moment which I highly recommend …

Charles

Interesting, well i have an HDD so i guess il stick to the shader cache on. Just clearned the Nvidia shader folder and perhaps that will do something.

But what about the low latency mode? Are you still using that?

Unreal weather is great btw, love using it!

1 Like

Yes, I have low latency mode enabled, Nvidia do give a description or what each of the Control Panel setting do. I think it’s very much down to experimentation. BRGDS. Charles

Maybe this will help you even if you have a different video card/resolution.

My post is explaining the rationale behind all the settings I’ve set for a smooth fps experience and others are reporting this is working better on their systems too:

My 2070 SUPER 4K settings and suggestions - episode 2

I don’t get this, but every 10-12 seconds the game stutters at very low frame rates for 2-3 seconds, and then goes back to normal, and this repeats constantly.

I had this issue happen in a previous build, it was fixed, and now it seems to have broken again. Not on the best specs because I’m running a macbook pro with no discrete gpu, but regardless during alpha/beta testing and a period of time after launch I was playing at 1080P and it was smooth, but it seems to have broken again.

I have the application configured to high performance on graphics settings and have game mode on. Don’t really know what else to do.

1 Like

Same here, I’m getting “limited by mainthread” even on 3440x1440 high settings… when I look at all the CPU threads, none of them are at 100%.
Hopefully better optimizations are coming, especially with all the new hardware this Q… and VR in the future.

2 Likes

Trust me, performance will be better soon.
To make MSFS ready fir VR, the sim must perform better then it does now.
And DX12 will bring much stable performance, so don’t worry…

1 Like