Extreme stutters and freezes during approach after WU4

As the latest hotfix gave me my fps back, i am on a i5 8k at 4.5 ghz win 10 2004 ssd 32 gb ram and 1080ti in 2K playing around high - ultra settings… i started in rotterdam with the crj and thought, hm…ok, a few frames less then before, but to be honest - really smooth. so i planned my flight, takeoff, climb cruise and as is decent into EBBR brussel the stutterfest began. it was the first time i experienced a true slideshow - fps wont get me higher then 9-19 … normally i approach heathrow with 28-30 fps with the crj … but this today, i dont know if it s the patchday, servers or something again with the PG. but this was litterally unflyable…

what are your experiences ?

Same with fbw a 320 and aproaching eddk, lebl as example… i think i have in flight round about 5 FPS less.

same with me taking off from LFMN. Terrible stutters until I was in the climb and then back to normal.

1 Like

same here, but i disconnected ingame (went offline) and reconnected and it was gone…strange indeed…

2 Likes

LFPO is not usable with the CRJ when taxiing to the runway 10 FPS and when accelerating on the runway 2 FPS. I almost could not get back into the menu.
CPU only 3%
GPU only 2%

Just made a short flight with the aermacchi m339 at gayas kos, greece. this went to be honest very well, so i expect it might be photogrammetry or very dense multiplayer areas with a lot of traffic. i dont know.

1 Like

This has always been my main issue ever since the beginning. Smooth flying no stutters when flying above 3K 40+. Huge stutters 20-25 fps when on approach right around 2500. Makes it hard to enjoy the sim seeing that landing is a huge part of a flight sim. This is an area that could use a lot of optimization. If they could make the flight level change on approach smooth and flying low around cities without stutters and low FPS, things would be great!

2 Likes

Imposible to fly close to the ground over Rotterdam. 1 seconds freeze every 3 seconds.

1 Like

Just spawned into KDFW, three times, and getting 1 fps on an RTX 3080.

Asobo fix this nonsense!!!

4 Likes

I have the payware LFPO and its absolutely fine in the crj. Lfpo is my testing ground. Altho i agree fps on landing/takeoff dropped but its generally smoother. But ifld prefer higher fps at landing/takeoff.

Folks check your vram I notice after this update my rtx2060super is running out of vram quite easily and this was not the case before the update.I was literally stuttering taxing @KDCA with the CRJ with vram usage sitting @7.5gb.
I started lowing more stuff like shadows and it fixed the stuttering a bit.

Flew ILS27R into EGLL (can’t remember the transition but brings you directly over West London) in VR with ~40FPS (about 5 frames higher than usual) but quite a few micro-stutters and a few stutters - though nothing to be too concerned about. (Same approach was unflyable after WU3 with photogrammetry on).

Thanks, this solved my sudden WU4 stutter issues as well :+1:

I have noticed performance issues around airports, my fps are the same, but noticeable micro-stutter has appeared that I have not seen before.

Same here with a 3090. Seems whatever they changed after SU3 just keeps getting worse.

yup, look at this ■■■■…all those dips in the 3D are the stutters…was trying to land at KSEA …soooooo stuttery!

2 Likes

My Stuttering went away once I turned off the multiplayer option under data in settings. So I Think that the problem is multiplayer right now. Try turning it off then back on.

2 Likes

I am also facing micro stutters ever since I updated to 1.15.7.0
Also under developer mode, I am unable to navigate around the aircraft in the Hangar either using keyboard / mouse nor using my Xbox 360 controller.

It is a nightmare every time there is an update, specially being a livery creator, I find it next to impossible without having the Developer Camera functioning.

Seems like when there is a new update their servers get super busy and we experience the stutters and low fps. Give a day or two, I think it will get better. At least that’s my experience.

2 Likes

Moderator Edit: This post was merged from another topic.

I’m encountering micro-freezes around once per second after the latest update 1.15.7.0 at busy airports.
Also the nameplate of typically one multiplayer person is disappearing and re-appearing in the same pattern.

microfreeze

Or as a video:

For fixing the problem it is enough to disable “Multiplayer Traffic” in Settings-Data.

Anyone else having this? Is there another cure than disabling multiplayer?