EXTREMELY slow download speeds in content manager

Living in France, I decided to make a full clean installation of FS2020.

It’s killing myself to download everything at 2 Mbit/s with a spike at 100 Mbit/s litterally for 2 seconds then it switch for another package to download (again at 2 Mbit/s).

With a 2Gbps download fiber connexion, it’s a shame to have servers that downloads at 2 Mbit/s, no matter when you are downloading (day and night).

And this issue is lasting and lasting, I have FS2020 since it’s release in August 2020, and I always had this issue while making either a clean install or when installing via the content manager (it’s rare when downloading everything at full speed).

2 Likes

Still downloading 24 hours after deciding to reinstall. Have only selected specific regions ie Europe to limit size of download. 1gb connection, might be complete in the morning (12hrs) fingers crossed.

1 Like

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

I have the same issue.

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

I am using Xbox Series X. I have stable 200mbits fiber connection and connected via cable. All the X Box services are up and running without a problem other than Msfs 2020. I am having 1 or 2 mbits of download speeds on the content manager and the photogrammetry is simply unusable because it could not download the photogrammetry data.

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

I’m not far away from the internet backbone in Frankfurt Germany. I’m getting around 3-5 Mbit. My actual line is capable of 1000Mbit (no typo).

How is this ever supposed to finish?

2 Likes

My internet speed is 800Mbps, that is almost 80 MB per second download speed. MSFS only uses 7Mbps, less than 1 MB/s. The game doesn’t even provide an off-the-game download manager so i can let it download in the background without the game running. i took me 23 hours to download the basic game files before i even started with the other contents. The game was running the whole time.

I currently live in the middle east. I tried VPN using multiple DNS servers from many countries including the US. i got the exact same speed, even less sometimes.

The game relies heavily on internet speed. It is not playable sometimes. I got many times a message during flights saying: “your bandwidth is too low” and asking me to disable some features.

Something is wrong. I thought MS would fix this, but I’ve been using the game for 2 months now. nothing changed.

What is even weirder is that even this website takes exceedingly long to load, while all other pages on my web browser load fine. i took the website 1.5 minutes loading time just to activate my account just now.

What does MS mean by: “we know and we’re working on it”? Can you be more specific?

3 Likes

Just checking in here to confirm again that also for me nothing has improved.
Hovering about 2Mbit on a 250Mbit connection today - very frustrating!
Located southwest Germany.

3 Likes

Today I had luck and a fast download. Also in southern Germany

1 Like

Not sure it can get slower than this:

Occasionally gets as high as 3…

Location Asia using that server no VPN.

2 Likes

Same here… Keeps resetting to 0 Mb since last hour.

USA server

LVFR KSAN purchased from MarketPlace

UPDATE : finally was able to download at 2AM Eastern

3 Likes

Add to the list here. Central Florida. Trying to download World Update Oceania in content manager, starts at 45mbps and drops to zero . Then doesn’t start back up.

3 Likes

Same here in europa. Max speed was close to 3 Mbit/s today. Since last Update. Update was normal speed.

2 Likes

Download speed problems still not fixed. I have a modest 15MBit/s connection in France. Dune update and then marketplace updates download at varying speed between 2Mbit/s and my max 15Mbit/s. And MS/Asobo don’t seem to care at all :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

If you are experiencing this issue, please feel free to report your findings using the following template. In addition, if you find workarounds or processes that helped resolve the bug for you, please feel free to post about it, as it may help the team’s investigation. Please include your location when posting in this report.

Outside of this, please use https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/extremely-slow-and-fluctuating-download-speeds/597907 to discuss this bug. All other posts will be removed.

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Provide your location:

1 Like

Yes

Downloading the latest update today from The Netherlands

Provide your location:

The Netherlands

2 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: EXTREMELY slow and fluctuating download speeds

Yes

Downloading Dune expansion after installing SU15

Provide your location:

Netherlands

1 Like

Yes

Downloading content after re-installation

Provide your location:

Germany

1 Like

Yes

2,5Mbits/s on a 500MB line; Speed test shows 250Mbits avail.

Provide your location:

Germany

1 Like

Yes

Tested download speeds using ISP tool or online network performance test yields average 180Mbps down and 20Mbps up. In the content manager, I get rarely any average speed above 5 Mbps and most of the time it doesn’t even get there.

Provide your location:

Halle, Belgium

1 Like

Yes

Extremely slow download speeds, on general download too, but specially low on the content manager, below 5mbits/s on a 700mbit cabled fiber connection

Provide your location:

Brazil south region

1 Like