F-15C/D/E/I Flight Model and Performance Rework Mod (DC Designs F-15)

Here’s what I was about to post before that thread was locked (ref: DC Designs - F-15 Strike Eagle (C, D, E & I))

@YuriKAiRi Keep working on your mod, it’s fine.

@SilentG37 You need to take a chill pill mate.

That was me who suggested it, and I stand by it.

The history of IP is copying ideas from other people and building on it.
The only issue is if someone copies code directly cut & paste style, or do they take the idea and implement it their own way in their own system. The former, not so good, the latter - that’s how ideas spread and is how the world works. A credit is always nice for the idea if you can manage it, but you can’t claim to “own it” as it’s most likely it wasn’t even original to begin with and was itself inspired by something else (DCS etc).

These are both good mods but it’s both sad and hilarious to see people fighting it out to be “The One Mod To Rule Them All”.

I’m flipping between both atm because the base model isn’t satisfactory enough of a flight experience.

I have the MB-339, T-45C, Fiat-G91, Long-Ez, Zenith, Xcub variants (free extensions of the base plane not mods per se), Spitfire and the F-15.

What annoys me is having to even install a mod to get a good flight experience, and the F-15 is the most expensive add-on of the lot. Other mods provide multiple models/liveries, regular updates, and don’t need “mods” to make the product a great flying experience out of the box.

That’s my feedback as a paying customer of the F-15.

I realise the dev is a solo indy (afaik) but if he wants to sell a premum product then the product should act like a premium product out of the box. It shouldn’t need a mod to perform properly. You can’f just say “but the model is nice”, it needs to fly and perform to a certain standard as well.

Ultimately this is a product management issue, and the F-15 developer needs to take that onboard.

@YuriKAiRi Looking forward to the next iteration.

Your Mod Feedback: I’ve noticed it can get into a strange porpoising type motion at high altitude. Usually triggered by low speed at high altitude (say ~38 K ft) and you stall or almost stall, then try to recover by throttle up. It then gets into a porpoising or swinging type motion around the planes longitudinal axis.
Not being an F-15 pilot in real life, I can’t say if this is realistic or not, but it doesn’t seem so.

1 Like