"Fixed live traffic planes getting stuck at the center of the airports" Not Fixed

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Have you disabled/removed all your mods and addons?

No Since this issue is related to addons and AI traffic in general

Brief description of the issue:

The planes still stack up on top of each other once you return to an airport. The first flight is all good but once you return to an airport (original airport) AI planes are all stacked up on top of each other at the center of the airport.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

Start from an airport with AI traffic (AIG, FSLTL, etc.) fly to another airport and return to the original airport!

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

i9-12900 KF, RTX 3090, 64GB DDR5 4400, mouse, sidewinder joystick, keyboard.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

1. List item

Have the same issue at LLBG

1 Like

Please vote for this by clicking on the “Vote” blue block if you have this issue!

Yes

There are often so many aircraft stacked at the origin airport (100’s) that the FPS rate slows to a crawl as the airport is approached. Also, shutting down the original injector of the traffic (e.g. FSLTL) does not remove the stacked aircraft (and fix the FPS issue). This is the exact same issue reported by some users in this FPS bug here: After SU10, FPS still drops during flights

In fact this same bug is reported elsewhere, like here: https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/stacked-generic-aircraft-on-runway-cylw/552396

Hi all,
For those of you experiencing this issue, could you please indicate how you’re getting your traffic, in order to help narrow down the root cause of this issue?

• Live Traffic
  • AI Offline Traffic
  • Traffic set to OFF and using a third-party injector such as AIG or FSLTL

Thank you!

2 Likes

Traffic set to OFF and using a third-part injector such as AIG or FSLTL. With MSFS online traffic this issue doesn’t occur (or I haven’t seen it yet). It used to be fine prior to SU10 but with SU10 (starting with beta version) the issue occurs pretty much every time! Return back to an airport in one session (without exiting the sim) and all AI planes are on top of each other at the center of the airport. Even closing the traffic injectors doesn’t remove the planes.

2 Likes

By the way both FSLTL and AIG claim that this is a Simconnect issue!

Same for me (as BossRaccoon7630); AIG or FSLTL injecting, traffic set to OFF. And it is pretty consistently reproducible: depart from airport with injected traffic (not sure if this has to be the first departure airport in the session, but always has been for me), fly away from the area, maybe to another airport and then return a while later. Many (apparently injected) AI aircraft are on top of each other in the same position, often on the main runway (but I think it’s actually the lat/lon position of the airport itself). And, as stated elsewhere, shutting down injector does not remove these aircraft.
The sim usually becomes completely overwhelmed by the amount of these aircraft - hence very low FPS values.
A test SimConnect program (to try to move them away to another location) fails with SIMCONNECT_TOO_MANY_OBJECTS or SIMCONNECT_TOO_MANY_REQUESTS.

6 Likes

Yes! Absolutely the same experience.

I voted, same issue.

With both AIG or fsltl, closing them wont remove them.

Hoping this can be fixed.

Hey I’m getting the same thing as well:

3 Likes

Yeah! This is annoying! Basically any AI traffic injector is useless with this issue! Hope they fix it…

In the words of Lee Urmey, “what the F is that?”

MSFS spawning god-knows-how-many AI planes at the ICAO coordinates of Honolulu well after I had departed; I was 5 hours away when FPS slowly got dragged down to 4FPS

Yep, getting this issue. Live traffic off in sim and using fsltl injector and returning to EGBB to find the stacked up traffic.

I can confirm that the issue of AI planes stacking up at the center of airport, when returning to an airport, occurs with MSFS’s own AI traffic (offline)! So it’s not just the traffic injectors FSLTL and AIG TC!

1 Like

I was having this problem in EGCC and EIDW (third party scenery) - until the other day when I thought it was fixed! My hopes dashed too soon when I returned back to KMCO today and there was 20 or so planes parked at the Burger King in the terminal

1 Like

I’ve noticed it now doing it on the first leg of a flight. I was flying from EGNH to EGNM yesterday in a C172 and the fps dropped to 15 on approach to Leeds. Sure enough, the sim objects container had 872 models loaded into it all stacked at EGCC.

I know FSX had a 40 NM radius limit, so after that no AI was loaded. I know we have something like that in FS2020 but for whatever reason, a model simply can’t be removed and has to be placed somewhere.

Has anybody tried deleting Rolling Cache?? That’s my last hope…

With FSLTL, the FPS drops drastically… with AIG, I still get stuck planes, but decent FPS…

Hope somebody can fix this, because it’s quite annoying!

Rafael