Flight logbook and hours empty again!

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox. pc

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version? Steam

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? No

Brief description of the issue: For the second time I’ve lost all the flight hours in my logbook (300+ h this time), just by reconnecting my MS profile.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered: https://i.postimg.cc/hv0CGwp5/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-Screenshot-2021-10-26-15-15-53-99.png

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered: I just disconnected and reconnected my profile

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant: Irrelevant

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue: 1.20.6.0

I experienced a similar issue, 3 months ago, on Xbox/store version.
You can take a look at these relatives topics, and see that this happen to many other users:

The problem seems to be linked to connection problems to the servers, and it is not very reassuring to see that it still remains.

At home, I replaced my CPL / Wifi installation with a real ethernet cable and since then I have hardly ever disconnected the servers. This probably doesn’t fix definitely the problem, rather mask it; and make it less frequent, but I remain very suspicious about the reliability of the datas from MSFS.

1 Like

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Steam
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
I installed successfully the SU6 yesterday, and was able to perform a test flight just fine. The logbook was still ok at this time. During a second test flight the server issues started and I thought a logoff and relogin might solve the issue. So I logged of during the second test flight. The sim kicked me out of the flight back to startup screen (currently this stone formation in Germany) an prompted me to reenter my Microsoft Account credentials. I did so, the sim started up, but now all my logbook entries were gone. The achievments and the overall flight time (in seconds) under the achievment tab are still there. Only the flight time in hours presented prominently in my profile tab and all the logbook entries are gone.
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:
n/a
Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
n/a
PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
CPU: Intel i9-9900k
Mainboard: Asus Maximus Extreme XI
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR4-3733 64GB
GPU: MSI Geforce RTX 3090 Suprim X
Windows 10, Version 21H1, Build: 19043.1288
OS install medium: PCIe 3.0 NVme SSD (Samsung 970 Plus, 500GB)
Sim install medium: PCIe 3.0 NVme SSD (Samsung 970 Plus, 2TB)
Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

hi,
I have experienced some connection issues and tried to sign-out from account. After login again some settings are set to default (frustrating to find what has changed), logbook is empty with 0 hours, and I have Xbox controller on loading page. I have never owned Xbox.
What happened? How can i restore it back?
It was just one click on “sign-out” and everything is lost

Yep, I lost 200 hours after SU6. I’m on Xbox, log book reset, all my achievements are still visible, wasn’t able to work out any way of retrieving data.

I can see now I have visible these achievements too, also these log details like how many airports visited, how many crashed etc. But logbook is lost and Flight hours is 0. But next level shows 400hrs. There is also Total flight time in seconds in details down. So it is there. Hopefully it will show up again.
I hate this type of bug, just one click and this unexpected happened

Experienced the same.
Signed out by accident.
Then signed in, some settings back to default, logbook has 0 (zero!) hrs, achievements still there, and Xbox controller on loading page.

Bit frustrating …

PC /Microsoft Store version / normal mode / last build.
Progress, flight log back to Zero!!! ,
yesterday I couldn’t see the other players, flying with me, so I changed server to see if it solved the problem or not,…nothing to do, no better,
I closed the session and restarted the session with the same user of course… and there!!! no more flight log or progress everything was reset to zero…
…@@@###!!!¤¤¤

And since this Last build more return on desk before no pb!!!
Not a good job…

I had this happen to me a while back. I was almost at 500 hours and boom, logbook gone, most achievements were rest to 0 (in game only, the actual xBox achievements didn’t get erased). It is quite frustrating. There are several threads about the logbook. It seems unlikely that Asobo will fix the issue.

1 Like

But will happily charge $60 for a multiplayer DLC where your league table position/score might also be randomly wiped because of the same bug. :wink:

2 Likes

Hi,

I was “lucky” to encounter the same problem twice in a row on Xbox, when MSFS was released on console, and I quickly realized the low level of reliability of the product. As long as this kind of problem has not happened to you, you can keep your illusions, but the later it happens to you, the stronger your resentment will be.

As @Its502GeekGuy said and if it can cheer you up, know that you’re not alone. Many threads about this issue:

I agree :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:, that’s the correct term to qualify this bug. :rage:

Just lost all mine this morning…

at about 175 hours.

only 20 minutes AP

well at 13 minutes now

@CrazyFox76
Did you try messing around with the “Data” options in “General”? This has been cited at least once as a possible cause for logbook wipes.

second time — logbook disappeared. I really enjoy this game but … I’m thinking I will not give MS any more of my money till this is fixed. I’ll just play with the parts I’ve brought and wish/hope this issue becomes more important to MS.
I an now in the process of doing a ‘clean’ install. Once I’m done I’ll kept a record on paper I’m guessing my record will be a tad more permanent. Unless my house is caught on fire or is flooded…

dw

1 Like

Same decision here :wink:
They, and the third parties, won’t get my money until these bugs (and thoses affecting the joysticks/mouse) are fixed.

2 Likes

Does anyone know this problem?

I use the Steam version! I logged out in the MSFS, 4 days ago due to Asosobo server problems (thought it was my system) and logged back in 2 days later.

Now it says 0 hours but next level = 900 hours! (so that let´s ny hope)

It was over 860+ hours. What does this mean now? Also all “achievements” from the landing challenges etc are gone…in the MSFS. I don´t use the developer mode.

In Steam itself it shows 1000 hours = 86/100 (560+ hours) ; also the other Achievements = (63 %)

So, i want my hours back in the sim!

1 Like

It aint gonna happen unfortunately. This has been going on for almost since release. In steam I have 2200+ hours, in the sim Im back at 56 hours. I was at almost a 100 a couple of weeks ago, but then it reset my hours again.

If you really care about your hours, I suggest you either get a paper pilots log book, or a program like Little Nav Map(free) that will track them for you.

And of course this thread will be locked and moved since there are tons of threads out there already about this problem.

I highly recommend using LittleNavMap to log your flights. I have not lost my in sim log but I lost a few long flights due to CTDs. About a month ago I manually keyed in log entries by copying what I had in the sim to get LNM caught up (it took quite a bit of time and effort to do that), and now I don’t worry much about the in sim log.

LNM also lets you export to csv so you can do log analysis, see how many hours per aircraft etc.

:smiley: Exactly, I just want to know how much of my life time has already gone on here! Is it possible to manually re-enter the time somewhere in a folder? Or where is that stored?

im on the xbox side and so far its just a few hours randomly when i start-up, maybe losing a flight or two from the last session . secretly im a little happy about it , as it doesnt look like i spend that much time on the sim

1 Like