FPS loss after period of play

Hi All,

I am noticing an FPS loss of around 10+ plus FPS after a period of play and not sure why.

For example I start at EGKK with around 35fps and continue to have solid FPS but when I go to the return leg and land back at EGKK its cut by almost 10fps

This morning I started the sim and just left the airplane at the gate to test this and again without doing anything I seem to lose FPS.

It’s not unplayable by any means but I find it strange

Yeah, i can confim that. I have not yet encountered it while acutally flying. Maybe my flights are just too short.
But i encountered it when i had the sim on pause for a few hours, or when i just let the plane sit at the gate for a few hours.

EDIT: There are a few threads about that already, its mabe best to searrch for an existing one and add your experience or vote on it.

1 Like

Thanks!

I will check it out again the topic previously created did appear to of went off the beating track!

1 Like

I appreciate the link but all these threads are relatively old now with 200 plus comments which is now way off topic

This has been a problem for a year now and there are quite a lot of topics on this already.

I fixed it once myself by toggling the AI traffic and in another instance by toggling nameplates during flight.

More topics with the same issue:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/will-you-fix-performance-degradation-on-long-haul-flights-with-su6/460621?u=cptevillian

1 Like

Thank you very much!

I would say Asobo should be aware by now with all these topics.

Hopefully they will fix it soon. Maybe it’s better to start a new topic in the bugs and issue section so we can vote on it.

1 Like

Good idea!

I wonder if this can be moved?

Are you using REX weather?

No. I have it but not using it. Using live weather

When it happens switch the weather to clear skies for about 5 secs and back to live…happens to me sometimes. It seems the earther builds some type of recurring log somewhere that needs a quick flush…give that a try

1 Like

Thanks I’ll give it a go!

Just turned off live traffic will try that first

today i got performance drop only after 30 minutes. I will restart without traffic and see what happens.

1 Like

Just trying it as we speak! I’m using AIG so not sure why I had live traffic enabled in the first place

Weather is a big contributor to fos drops on long hauls…switch weather to clear skies for 5 secs and back to live and it almost always gains all fps back!

1 Like

So far so good without live traffic

1 Like

I dont yse live traffic it has always been buggy…so no issues with rex weather?

I spoke to soon.

I had the issue again last night