FSLTL - FS Live Traffic Liveries is live!

That’s how I interpret it. I’m testing the values suggested earlier in this thread. I stayed at LPPT Lisbon for a while (even did a short flight!). Now going for a quick hop from Southend to Heathrow.

EDIT: And a CTD shortly after loading into Southend. That’s with the addons back in their respective folders. I’ll try again without the AIG folder.

1 Like

Working OK for me:
AIG A388, BCS3, EMB190, B752, B753 and SB20 models

CTD:
AIGAIM_RFSL_CRJ-900

• no other AIG aircraft installed
  • aircraft identified as AIGAIM_Delta Connection Bombardier CRJ-900 - opb Skywest Airlines by AICompanion
  • start AIGrount/AIFlow → CTD

I tried to tweak some settings but still couldn’t prevent them to stop immediately after they land :frowning:

For those that have asked, all I did was to copy the AIGAIM folders from AIG’s SimObjects/Airplanes folder to the SimObjects/Airplanes folder under FSLTL, then removed AIG from Addons Linker. I copied the files instead of cutting them so this would be easy to back off if necessary. I did nothing with the CVT folder, but it is also no longer referenced by Addons Linker.

Also, I’m not sure if this is directly related to my lack of CTDs, but I used XnViewMP to reduce the size of the FSLTL and AIG models several days ago as described earlier in this thread. I didn’t mention it because I didn’t remember it until today.

I don’t think we have to pay much attention to the _CVT folder. Thanks for clarifying. At the moment I’m in a hold near EGLL (AIG folder deactivated for now).

I have created a new AIflow and AIGround thread as per your request. As long as it stays open :smile:, feel free to discuss the apps there.

2 Likes

Great, maybe one of the mods can sift out the AIGround and AIFlow posts on this thread to there. There will be crossover, but you can use these mods with default AI traffic too so they are not just for fsltl users.

Yeah as I didnt have this issue with the previous version

1 Like

Just now in Frankfurt EDDF, planes land correctly from the east, FSLTL sends them out from the west…wind 210/6, so no clue, why to takeoff from 07. Shortly after my first CTD with AIGround, probably because of an AIG plane.

I will now kick out all AIG planes from my community folder, except Emirates and Singapore because of their A380s.

FSLTL doesn’t send aircraft out, it just injects them into the sim. The in sim ATC controls runways the aircraft use etc.

If you guys want correct airport ops you’ll need to install Airport Design Editor for MSFS 2020 | FSDeveloper

There as before you can edit parking spots, runways configs, ATC, etc. Pro tip after many failed attempts. If you’re editing a non stock MSFS airport, you need to add the airport file (the largest) usually found in the scenery/global or world folders. Once the airport is adding into ADE as a library, you’ll not having issues when you compile with having missing buildings or jetways.

I just did a flight from Atlanta and it was a ghost town. I saw a high rate of removals. But I think AIGround may have also been slowing things down.

Spawn Radius 60
Removal 90

Okay, Atlanta is seriously messed up. Very light ground traffic for Atlanta but there was some. I deactivated AIFlow and AIGround to test. This is also SU11.

• Airliners were lining up on the runway and not getting response from ATC
  • Zero arrivals, even after 40 minutes
  • When I got the the holding point, the AI ATC didn’t respond to me. Perhaps that’s why they aren’t taking off. Once I manually requested clearance it was given, despite airplanes being merged together on the runway.
  • Ground and Tower were just very quiet.

Some model issues too:

• Lights were falling off some of the models and floating around in the air like sprites or fairies.
  • Exhaust plumes were also falling off and sticking in place

Anyone want to test out Atlanta and see if you see t he same things?

For anyone with traffic not taxiing and taking off, I think I have a workaround. This is especially useful for GA pilots as they are more likely to encounter this.
I noticed that all the GA traffic have the small pushback set to 1. I went in and modified all the FSLTL and default MSFS base Aircraft.cfg files to make sure SMALL_PUSHBACK = 0. This made a dramatic difference in GA aircraft taxiing and tacking off. Even at large airports, if there is a GA type aircraft like a 208, the small pushback could prevent all the aircraft from taxi and taking off.
I have just begun experimenting but so far at KGFK there have been no cases of planes not taxiing.
Before the change, I would rarely see anything taxi or take off.

do you guys have a problem with arrivals with the injected traffic using betta 11? I’m getting many arrivals aircraft but 90% they never land they pass near the airport at higher altitudes like over 7000f and they move far away from the airport until they are deleted, I tried with airflow fix mod, and still the same,

1 Like

Can use my above mentioned ADE to open the airport up and in approach mode you can view what approaches are set or used in MSFS.

Check my post here… Traffic changes - implications to simconnect (FSLTL / AIG)

And this is why we aren’t supporting SU11 until out of beta. We are holding on to some hope that Asobo will fix this regression from SU10 to SU11 in the final drop.

2 Likes

I’m really liking the wet runway effects. :+1: EGGL R09L a few mins ago.

4 Likes

Just sitting around at EGLL, and I can’t help but notice a lot of heavies end up going around. BUT the Generic A380 always lands. Funny that. :man_shrugging: Might be a red herring though.

Atlanta is my home airport. Traffic has never taken off there, they just sit there on the runway. Sometimes it takes a while, but I do see landings. I see the most landings when using the built-in live traffic. So far, I can’t say I’m impressed with Aiground and Aiflow. With aiground at Atlanta, aircraft will start driving around the airport sightseeing after they sit for takeoff. I saw one land and do doughnuts through the grass.

1 Like