FSReborn Sting S4

Awesome thanks!

Hi There,

I raised this with Asobo since everything started with SU9. Their explanation is, this is due to heat conviction, which they are injecting depending on what zone you fly in, you can follow my question here: [SU9] Flight model changes? excessive turbulence, and other effects.. - MSFS DevSupport

I was told this is improved with SU10, which I do feel is indeed better, with SU9 it was very un-flyable, but in my view they still use a simplistic injection of convection turbulence which affects light aircraft and even more any CFD enabled airplane.

They confirmed this is not a fault with my flight model, and it is all based on how they are injecting the turbulence.

They advised to fly with no wind to remove turbulence conviction or, dusk / night when this types of turbulence is not present. In a long discussion on MSFS forums, most people are asking for a setting to turn this OFF or ON, but we are not there yet.

It is my understanding with SU10 the higher you fly the convection turbulence will be less severe, I did a couple of tests around EGKA and I can confirm this.

Having said all the above, this is a very light aircraft, and as such, it will be hit by turbulence quiet bad, it is how Ultralights behave also in real world, look at this video:

That ultralight is indeed being hit by convection turbulence, the ultralight in that video is an Pegasus Quantum, with a gross weight of 409 kilogramsā€¦ pretty close to what Sting S4 MTOW isā€¦

The flight model is accurateā€¦ it is behaving like real world thanks to new variables and flight models capabilities introduced by Asobo since SU8 / SU9. However I understand some people would like to fly without these types of turbulence, but this is outside of my control until Asobo either gives us more options with the SDK or introduce a global setting that users can enable or disable via their simulator settings.

Best,
Raul

10 Likes

Just flying at early dawn now and yes, no turbulence. If I skip forwards a couple of hours itā€™s too much.

1 Like

Another alternative with SU10B is to set live weather OFF and cut the wind, apparently this disables thermal convection. Or use overcast themesā€¦

I suggest you put your suggestions for Asobo to put a setting for the intensity of the turbulence here: Turbulence -- excessive or real world realistic

That discussion has been going on for a long timeā€¦ I posted my feedback there of course because I also think, it is too strong.

Best,
Raul

After about 10hrs in the sting I finally tried the parachute. It was so much fun I did it again, this time with the view from within the cockpit.

I love the wear and tear. I had a blown tire, that I forgot to fix, then on the next flight I couldnā€™t figure out why it wouldnā€™t taxi! Shutdown, get out the jack and fixed her and off I went.

I havenā€™t managed a 1G barrel role yet - maybe those washed-out tips make it have a lot of adverse yaw or something. I like flying it inverted till the motor quits, the motor restarts easily once you get it right way up!

Itā€™s also really fun landing in small fields because of the care you have to take over managing speed.

Well done FSReborn!

4 Likes

Thank you so much for your feedback.

Having released now a project I was working with parallel 42 (//42 Campout out! please check it out!!), I have started now the next cycle update for the Sting S4, which will include lots of features requests made via my discord channel (the official way to do so) and a couple of new features I had in the road map.

Stay tuned, I will notify when the nest S4 update is released, etc.

Best,
Raul

14 Likes

Hi guys,

I just purchased the beautiful S4 Sting aircraft.
I plan to use this plane as my go to vehicle for a vfr tour across the states.

As I really love to fly this bird I think I found something off here.

If you look closely to the navigation display (the middle one) you can see that Iā€™m flying parallel to the magenta line. This however doesnā€™t match on what we can see here on the CDI?

Could be Iā€™ve missed something, maybe its a bug, I donā€™t know.

Maybe someone can elaborate on this?

Cheers Mark

You have the course selector on the left set to 351 when it should be 118. You are flying roughly parallel and to the right of the course which the CDI is showing correctly.

1 Like

Thanks a million!!

I will keep this in mind next time Iā€™m going to fly.

Cheers Markāœˆļø

1 Like

I would suggest downloading and using the GTN750 as well (Free)ā€¦ pretty nice to have!

3 Likes

This is a lovely aircraft, unfortunately it keeps crashing my sim over the last day or so, every single time I load in with it selected. Doesnā€™t matter what airport etc, it gets to about 60% loaded and CTDā€™s.

Tried flights with other aircraft and they load fine. So itā€™s either conflicting with something (strange as Iā€™ve neither bought or downloaded any mods since I got it 2 days ago, and it worked fine the other day) or itā€™s corrupted. I thought it may be having an issue with the TDS 750NXI (which I have. I donā€™t have the PMS 750) but that works fine with the Piper Arrows.

So Iā€™m putting it in the hangar until I figure out whatā€™s wrong. If I can.

Shame.

This only since you started using Addons Linker?

You could try what I mentioned elsewhere the other day. Load game with no mods by deactivating everything in Addons Linker (save your current set as a profile first if you havenā€™t already! You can also save the ā€œnothing selectedā€ as a different profile called ā€œNoneā€ or whatever, to make it fast to change between the two states) then quit the game and re-enable everything. Delete Content.xml and restart the sim and try load the Sting.

I (think) I have figured it out. In my thread on CTDā€™s I have noticed just today that itā€™s every single aircraft with TDS functionality (and I own them all) is crashing. I have uninstalled it and, low and behold, theyā€™re working.

Might want to mention that in the 208 Steam Gauge Overhaul thread ā€¦

Yeah I just read that after posting this. Hmmmphhh. At least it narrows down what and where to ask further to get it fixed. As itā€™s a paid product I think the developers should support you in trying to work out why as it must work for some (most) people.

Tried installing it again but removing all other mods except the planes?

Oh so glad you found the cause, was about to request you sending me an email at support@fsreborn.com so we could troubleshoot together the cause.

I want all my customer to be able to enjoy the product.

Try to update TDS to the latest version and see if that resolves the problem.

Regards,
Raul

4 Likes

Reluctant to reinstall it really, incase it buggers up again.

Iā€™ve enquired about assistance/a refund anyway. Will see what they say. I canā€™t be bothered with any more trial and error with it, if Iā€™m honest with you. My planes work now, so I just want to fly really.

Iā€™m thinking Iā€™ll play it safe with the G3X to be honest. Thanks for reaching out. Iā€™ll enjoy the plane properly now that I can, itā€™s a very good product indeed.

1 Like

Glad to hearā€¦ you can also use the free PMS GTN it works well with the Sting S4ā€¦

Thanks for your positive feedback, I wish you lots of happy flying hours.

Best Regards,
Raul

2 Likes

No problem, more than happy with the purchase.

1 Like