Garmin G1000 NXi Issues and Support

Were there ever any audio beeps in the WT G1000Nxi apart from on AP disengage?

Target altitude warning (within 1000ā€™ of setting).

Oh is that all? Never noticed. Note to self: check for earwax. :slight_smile:

The avionics could be set to go to a different audio output? Iā€™m pretty sure mine go to my headset. Check settings within the unit as well.

Now Iā€™m going to have to double-check my settings because I might be confusing them with the real plane and I donā€™t know if the internal audio workings of those units are emulated in the sim.

Either way, Iā€™d start by looking there.

Never heard the callout ā€œ1000ā€, only ā€œ500ā€. Looking forward for more callouts, especialy ā€œMinimumā€ based on the TRM setting

Sounds are per-plane based, if there are no samples for licensed use, you wonā€™t hear them implemented in the sim.

ā€œ500ā€ is a voice. ā€œ1000ā€ is an audible beep when you are 1000 feet from your ALT set.

1 Like

Will there ever be TCAS traffic displayed for en-route SimConnect AI traffic?

G1000 in the 172 goes totally black but only when transitioning to fully night time. I can bring back the g1000 by changing the time. I have the avionics dial turned to fully lit but it makes no difference. The know works though for proper drimming on anything before fully dark.

Anyone ever have this?

Every vote counts :slight_smile:

Blockquote

Is that the issue? Iā€™ve been wondering why I get 0 TCAS traffic on the G1000 when using AIG Traffic. They show up in-sim, in LittleNavmap, and in P2ATC, but never on the G1000.

Thereā€™s no way to get Simconnect traffic on the G1000 at all?

Thereā€™s apparently still an issue with injected traffic thatā€™s spawned while airborne. (Thanks for the link Matt!)

1 Like

I have a question about VNAV support on RNAV approaches. I learned that you can edit altitude levels for those waypoints that have vertical guidance and the autopilot will follow them as long as theyā€™re in tolerance for the aircraft, but I was recently trying the RNAV 10 approach into KUDD in palm springs, and I noticed that one of the last waypoints in the sequence, NENIE, doesnā€™t have vertical guidance listed in the G1000, although on the plate the vertical guidance is published as 800. When I added the 800 manually with the edit feature, the number stayed white as opposed to turning blue, and the autopilot leveled off at the previous guidance altitude (2400 at JANEN). That altitude seems to be too high to intercept the glide path, which kind of botches the final approach.

Is this more an issue with the way this particular approach is programmed into the G1000, or is there a way to ask the flightplan to add vertical guidance to waypoints in the approach that donā€™t come pre-loaded with it?

Hello people,

I was flying with carenado CT182 with G1000NXI and when i crossed a waypoint, i did not sequenced to the next keeping the magenta line backwards

we have to activate waypoint sequecing or i made something wrong?

After another go at this approach, it does seem like if you arm the approach well in advance of the final approach fix, the autopilot does have enough time to capture the glidepath before the plane sails above it, but the question about whether you can get the autopilot to aim at altitudes you set manually still stands.

According to the approach chart, JANEN is the FAF and the next fix is just a reference fix. VPATH will discontinue guidance at the FAF, so this appears to be working correctly.

You would need to have APPR armed prior to JANEN and be underneath the GP.

I find that I canā€™t load a flight plan with an approach properly from any non-airplane source: Navigraph Charts, littlenavmap.exe, whatever. You can see the problem easily with Navigraph Charts. Load the .pln into the aircraft, then punch fpl on the mfd and you approach will be gone. It wonā€™t fly properly either.

As a work-around, if you use the mfd to enter an approach procedure for your destination airport, it works fine for both ils and LPV approaches.

Iā€™m using the g1000 nxi for the C172.

Where is the specifications for the Microsoft .pln file?

I canā€™t save/restore flight plans from the g1000 nxi and should be able to do from the menu on the mfd. Grrr. Is this code available anywhere as Iā€™ll just add it myself. Github perhaps?

Is the internal format of the flight plan available from the g1000 nxi inside of MSFS?

I donā€™t know for sure but Iā€™m guessing that not loading approaches from external flight plans mirrors the real-life behaviour. After all, you donā€™t file a flight plan with an approach, thatā€™s something you get assigned by ATC once youā€™re close to your destination.

The A310 has the same behaviour, importing a flight plan from Simbrief doesnā€™t include STARs, SIDs or approaches.

You can file an ifr flight plan before departure and you can sometimes get fly as filed, contact us on arrival.

Therefore, you should be able to enter arrival and approach in the hopes that there will be less workload inflight.

The code is available at GitHub - microsoft/msfs-avionics-mirror: MSFS Avionics Source Code Mirror, but you will not be able to implement this feature, as JS has no system for reading or writing to the filesystem.

At this time if the NXi does not receive the proper flight plan from the sim on load, you will need to manually adjust it to your liking.