H145 from hype performance group is incredible

Happy to see such positive comments.

Civilian and military variants are still in development and will be released at later dates :slight_smile:

2 Likes

External sound is really weak. Please improve.

hi, how can i make the default pilot side to be the left side?

I already know that I can move around the cockpit, but I would like to know what I must modify in the files so that the pilot’s site is the left one

Thank you

Not sure if it’s possible to edit the aircraft config file or camera file, they may well be encrypted.
May I ask why you want to do this, most sim helicopters that I have flown the pilot sit in the right seat? :thinking:

You know that IRL the PIC (pilot) sits on the right side in helis? (aircraft left).

However if you still want to move. Shifting the camera side ways should do the trick.

Save some userdefined camera position how you like to sit, then cop the these setting into the camera.cfg of the mod.

Do like the way this is progressing. My observations so far are

It is way to easy to fly with no detectable rotor torque effect.
Sound effects too weak
Does the autopilot work?
Avionics look good but as yet unfinished
Activation? no big deal as this will go away in the production models (I’m assuming)

This is feedback only and not complaints. Keep up the good work guys

You have to apply left pedal when you raise the collective otherwise there is a very pronounced yaw rotation to the right
 that would be torque. It is definitely easier to fly than the Bell 47, but tbh, it should be.

1 Like

Flying Beta2 and is a great experience. No problem at all and no CTD in msfs
so what is coming must be gold.

How can it be a great exprience when the sound is so weak

1 Like

I just purchased and installed the Airbus H-245 helicopter from Hype Performance Group. It is an amazing helicopter and adds a very much needed aircraft to FS2020. I was taught how to fly a helicopter in the Army so I am familiar with the general flight principals but this is so much more. The one problem I have is currently I do not have a working collective, luckily this H-145 has an “auto collective” but I would like to have the real deal. Any way very excited and amazed at what I can now do with the sim. Just excited

Does this make it flyable with a standard joystick, without (say) having to keep it twisted to counteract the blades ?

Is it suitable for helicopter beginners and people without rudder pedals (I don’t fancy perma-twist on my T16000) ? Is the manual good ?

Would I get a good idea of what this is like by trying the freeware (?) 135 ?

My “joystick” is a part of a HOTAS from Thrustmaster so I cannot answer your question.

In my setup I have rudder pedals. I am not sure abut the “beginner” part. Surely downloading a using the H-135 would be a good start. Best of luck!

1 Like

I personally find the sound to be excellent. The modelling of the engine governor is really nice. Sounds beautiful. My only complaint would be the start up sounds and transition to idle state.

It’s ideal for beginners as they have settings to remove the torque effects and simplify the flight model. I use the same hotas as you (but also use rudder pedals). I would say with the anti torque enabled you would have a lot of fun using the twist axis on your joystick.

If you are looking for a collective here is a good place to start looking.

I have also seen some promising “self build” 3d models online (check out Thingiverse) if you have a 3d printer and fancy taking a shot at making your own.

1 Like

The free H135 is a good starting point to see if your controls setup works with the helicopter. Both H135 and H145 support three modes: XBox, Basic and Advanced. Advanced is the most realistic one, but works best with rudder / anti-torque pedals. Basic removes the torque effect, so you do not need pedals. XBox is especially suited for gamepad thumb-sticks.
Both helicopters are relatively easy to fly in the sim, and from what I have read in real life as well. Kind of like fly-by-wire in the A320, but totally different in the way it is implemented.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I may just have to buy something like that before winter sets in. Thanks again.