I have a question about achievement named My Way

I finally got the achievement. One of two things I did made it happen:

1- (most probable) I selected a parking spot on the destination airport. Once arriving, I lend control of the aircraft to the AI which taxied to a parking spot that was not the one I selected and was not the one assigned by ground control. Once stopped, the achievement popped up (gosh, the spot wasn’t even marked on the scenery! It was Innsbruck);

2- I flew the flight just after the release of update #4.

1 Like

I tried this today, November 6 and still bugged.

Set the flight plan up in the World map screen, started cold at a gate at YMML and flew to YSSY, unfortunately my ILS wasn’t quite right (first attempt in a 787) so I had to go around. Once landed I couldn’t find the right gate so I turned on the Taxi Ribbon and once parked definitely didn’t get the Achievement.

1 Like

Turning on the taxi ribbon will definitely kill it. If you read through the thread you will find that the key is letting the AI taxi in. A cheaty workaround of sorts, but the only way to unlock the achievement for now.

1 Like

Watch my YouTube video above. What you did what it will not get the achievement.

1 Like

i guess it not a stupid achievement. good job

Thanks for the IAS LED fix Youtube on the Bravo quadrant. I was just happy to learn I didn’t have a defective Bravo unit. Having the IAS [FLC] work properly is the icing on the cake.

Do you have any idea whether Asobo will incorporate the Aerosoft driver and other fixes in a future sim update?

This achievement is so bugged, ■■■■ near ready to just submit a ticket to zendesk… how is it a solution to allow the AI to fly the plane, thus assist you since you are PIC in order to unlock an achievement where the description states “without assistance.”?

Funny thing is, is that the Stay on Target achievement unlocked for me after 100+ hours of ILS landings and not unlocking it until one flight, while on Final for instrument landing ILS 17L at KDEN went visual for 17R due to traffic on the runway… AP off, achievement acquired… :laughing: :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: Even got the no power landing even though power was on, landing in a crosswind with pretty active power management… :man_facepalming:

It’s still bugged I guess. I tried several 300+ mile flights. I tried with at A320 following ATC instructions, and with the Daher. All set true to life and I’m not even looking at the checklist or using any shortcuts, nor vfr map etc. I tried while completely ignoring ATC (never turning the radio on), with auto pilot, without auto pilot.

I’m sure I parked in a parking spot (at the fuel station) since the fuel menu popped up and with the A320 the jetway connected.

Now I read here it works with the AI pilot doing it all? I guess the description means without lending any assistance to the co-pilot :joy: My Way referring to the co-pilot…

Switching to manual and using sim rate while on AP for the middle stretch invalidates it as well. So the achievement is for finding the patience not to touch anything for 90 minutes (except the 1 key for ATC)

I swear they put this nonsense in just to troll people like me, who can’t not finish what they start but I’ll try to ignore it. (I’ll fail and try again, hate it) Achievements, worst invention of modern gaming!

Maybe there’s a route where it works where you can fly yourself?
Maybe the problem was closing the checklist window (which changes assistance from true to life to custom)

See, there I go again.

I think that is a factor mentioned in a previous post. If you open a window minimise it but don’t close it.
Good Luck

Hurray, that was indeed the problem, together with getting diverted by ATC (go around calls) which doesn’t make it a direct flight anymore (I guess).

It worked for me with this flight, from Nice to Bordeaux

I set the destination to parking spot 26, easy to find

The weather cooperated to give me a straight in approach on ILS runway 29, while approaching at 280 degrees from Nice, easy.

Direct as direct can be

I filed an IFR request with ground 118.7 (request IFR clearance for Instrument FP) after booting up the plane (didn’t touch anything on the checklist, just referenced it to make sure not to miss any steps but did not tick anything or use the look at icon)

ATC send me to 18K ft and left me there all the way, just a couple hand offs to acknowledge while enjoying the terrain below and other traffic in the sky. It had one small quirk where it briefly told me to climb back to 18K ft on approach (after earlier telling me to descend to 4K ft) I acknowledged, started a slow climb and it soon corrected itself to directed me to 3,000ft, max 220 knots, then handed me off to the tower for landing clearance.

Easy landing, turned off the runway and asked for taxi to parking. The crew were waiting for me at the spot I had picked beforehand. I followed the directions of baton guy, then shut down the plane according to the checklist. (Not ticking anything, just looking at it)

That did it, achievement unlocked. No need for AI pilot :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad that worked for you. Must have been a good feeling when it finally popped!!

1 Like

Has got me wondering if flying out of and to payware airports somehow borks this achievement?

Can’t switch the angle of view outside the aircraft during the whole flight ?

I did look around outside during the flight, but that was before SU5. Who knows what the requirements are currently or what doesn’t glitch.

I finally got the achievement yesterday after about 30ish flights. The achievement popped mid flight from KSAN to KSFO. I listed some of the characteristics of my flight below.

1. 787 Dreamliner

2. KSAN to KSFO - using high-altitude airways - allowing MSFS to create the flight plan for me. Used parking spot for departure and parking spot for arrival.

3. Started Cold and Dark from parking

4. Ground services used: Catering, baggage, and Jetway Connection. Forgot to use power service. I never ended catering or baggage, I allowed them to end by themselves. Not sure how long it takes. At least 2-5 minutes…

5. I did not follow IFR taxi plan before my departure from KSAN. For some reason I couldn’t get the plane to turn left onto the runway. So I did a loop back to where Ground told me to hold short.

6. I never closed any windows. I only used Checklist and ATC windows. I DID minimize windows frequently.

7. I never used 3rd person camera. Always cockpit cam.

8. AutoPilot used, that is, I used the AP button for flight. I did NOT use Co-pilot whatsoever.

9. I DID NOT use taxi guidelines to find my way around.

10. I manually communicated with ATC the entire flight.

11. I was flying high over Gilroy, CA when the achievement popped. I believe I was beginning my decent because I added my approach to the FMS and my my plane made a U-turn I had to correct.

12. During my U-Turn is when the achievement popped. :laughing::man_shrugging:t4:

13. “Flights of Fancy” achievement popped 4 minutes before i got “My Way” achievement.

14. I fly both on PC and Xbox. I got “My Way” during a flight on my PC.

It is worth mentioning that I almost never fly 3rd person and ALWAYS start cold and dark to fly from parking spot to parking spot. So it is possible, the achievement was for some previous flight….maybe. Hope this info helps someone!

1 Like

Can you pop this post over to:

Dont want to just copy and paste your info as I’m unsure how to tag you.

Also can you explain more on what you mean when you said you added your approach?
Surely your approach was already preloaded when you selected KSAN to KSFO high altitude. ILS/RNAV etc. Why did you have to input it again?

Thanks for your info :smiley:

1 Like

On it. Moving post now, thank you!

1 Like

The use of lights may also be a problem