"ILS Approach" and "IFR Test" flight training bug

Same problem. ILS perfect. Butter landing. Watch out cried…failed lesson with no explanation.

2 Likes

Have you tried this lesson? If you did I don’t think you would be speculating about the lesson. It’s broken! This lesson is not about wind or landing precision. It’s an ILS approach and the crash at the end comes as a complete surprise. If there is something we’re supposed to do it certainly isn’t made clear.

1 Like

Hello,

no, I don’t have taste for some ’ programmed’ garbage situations. I’m quite experienced flyer with real experience, no problem to understand this problematic Shame that no one probably understand what I said and what I tried explain. Simply if programmers set something in code, you can only guess why it fails. If it’s bug I don’t want to speculate, simply i expect Microsoft/Asobo’s report to this. Also I’m sad about some no serious attacks to my personality.

IFR NDB basics training - Student Pilots / Basic Gameplay Help - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

I have redone both the NDB and ILS and confirm that the indicators are NOT present after the the first attempt.

Also there is a problem with the ILS mission at touchdown. It detects a crash. It’s been reported.

You may also notice your score is slow to update ( a,b,c ). Has happened with other missions and probably just slow to update servers.

Mod Edit: The following two posts were merged from a duplicate thread.

Going through the new training missions and have found they cannot be completed.

I worked out that the G1000 mod can’t be installed or you will get a bad score in the VOR lessons but other than that they worked all the way up until the last 2.

The ILS one works right up until the end when I land. No matter how I land the instructor says “Watch out!” and then it says I failed the mission just after I land. It’s like it thinks I am crashing into something but I am just doing a normal landing on the runway.

On the IFR Test mission I get up to a point where I have levelled off at 3,500, turned onto a heading of 225, and sped back up to 110 knots. The instructor never says anything more after that point though and I just fly off into the sunset.

Does anyone else have this same experience? Has anyone worked out how to get around these bugs or are these missions not completable for now?

2 Likes

@FSAcademyLTD I think you were the one that developed these missions for SU7. Do you have any ideas about what I am experiencing? Would it help if I record my screen and upload a video of it happening?

Same problem as the original poster with the ILS Aproach and IFR Test training.

Can confirm the ils landing is borked

2 Likes

Can confirm both XBOX and PC version is impossible to complete the ILS landing and ILS test missions due to the above mentioned bugs

1 Like

Can also confirm. Paying lots of money for broken games is TIGHT!

Hi guys,

FS Academy developed the new Bush Flying and IFR tutorials for SU7 in partnership with Asobo.

This issue did not occur for me when I conducted my final testing before delivery so something may have cropped up since.

I’ll give Asobo a heads up so that they can take a look.

5 Likes

For the purposes of passing the lessons, would you know the tolerances (i.e. +/- 5 degrees, +/- 100 ’ ) of the objectives?

Thank you for the response. I love the lessons you guys made. Just need to fix the issues with the ILS tutorial and the IFR test tutorial.

Thank you ensuring us that you guys are aware of the issue and will be working on it

2 Likes

Same issue here. Always getting “watch out” on landing the ILS approach lesson. And while keeping heading 225 on the final lesson just keepse flying off into the sunset. Tried the landing 10 times, landing in different spots and different speeds, all the same issue, and tried the last mission 2 times.

1 Like

I had the same issues on the last two IFR training modules despite perfect landings I get Watch Out Warning and the last IFR module just stops giving objectives after the first one. #PC #MS

1 Like

Got the same " watch out" warning and failed the ILS landing no matter how I lands. Hope this got fixed.

1 Like

I’ve never had any luck with any of the lessons working as they should.
Even the basic handling one just seems to stop giving me any instructions after taxiing as requested, it’s done that from day 1 of the sim being released.

Since the recent update I thought I’d try out the IFR section as I’ve not really done any IFR flying.

First lesson has you flying the Cessna 172 G1000 over the scilly isles.
It asks you to climb into the cloud to an altitude of 4500 on a 270 heading.
That bit works fine, it recognises when I reach 4500 and then tells me to decend to 4000ft which I do.
That’s where the lesson ends , it never recognises I’ve reached 4000ft, I get no further instructions. I’ve tried going down below 3000 and back up again, back up to 4500 and down again but nothing.

You have to select PFD OPT first , then couple of times Bearing 1 to get the needle

1 Like

I can confirm (PC) same with IFR training, ILS landing ‘watch out’ & failed, and the waiting for next instruction that never comes bug with the final two IFR tutorials. Thought at first it was to do with me having a custom Sumburgh airport, but removed it and same happens with default FS scenery.

3 Likes

Same issue for me. There is also a lesson in the navigation lesson that has a similar issue

1 Like