"ILS Approach" and "IFR Test" flight training bug

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox.
PC
Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version?
Stream
Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
No
Brief description of the issue:
ILS Approach flight lesson failed after landing on runway
Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
Follow the ILS and glide slope accurately. The instructor then says to move to a virtual approach since the ILS is not aligned with runway. Once I line up with runway and land accurately, the instructor says “Watch out!” (as if I am crashing) and I get presented with the screen “You failed the activity”. NO reason is given for failing.
PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:
After Update 7

This is really annoying. I hope we don’t have to wait until NEXT year’s update to get this issue fixed. I like to have my Flight Training session at 100% and this is preventing me from even getting a letter grade.

I am really wondering if Asobo has people play all game modes multiple times before releasing these updates. This would have been caught easily if 1 person played the lesson at least once before release.

If the way they do this updates is not fixed, then this cycle of release update - fix issue from previous update - fix issue from previous update - fix issue from previous update… will never end!

UPDATE You can also add “IFR Test” Flight training as not working too. The instructor tells me to turn right to a heading of 225 degrees. I do, and afterwards he doesn’t say anything else. I have flown about 20 nm on a heading of 225 and 5000 feet and the lesson doesn’t seem to want to advance!

I have same issue with the ILS Landing training mission. Everything is executed perfectly and even with the smoothest touchdown, i get the “Watch Out” and automatic failure. Very annoying.

16 Likes

Hello,

only one idea but also to future flights - WIND. In case of wind from ssome heading you need also maybe correct your track and also expect (due programmed lessons) some ranges you can’t overfly. I’m not sure if this can be your problem but you need take to account after start flight important conditions what can change your result quickly and definitelly.

@OMICO4146 trust me, this is not the problem. It’s a bug upon landing.

13 Likes

Hi, same issue here in the ILS tutorial. In my opinion “perfect” landing is commented with “watch out” by the instructor and fails.

7 Likes

Ok,

then maybe programmed exact place/rectangle where you need touch the ground. Really I never did that lessons (I’m simmer from FS4 times) because they are simply programmed with some conditions that you can’t sometimes know how they are set… Just like now, you can debate as long as you want, and result can be easy thing.

1 Like

I get what you’re saying. But it’s still a bug. As long as you’re landing smoothly on the appropriate runway, there should be no problem…

5 Likes

Ok,

pls explain ’ smoothly’. With many options and conditions affecting flight I really can’t imagine that smooth landing. Simply it’s hard to define that. You did one ok? What was that smooth by your opinion?

Seriously? C’mon dude. You’re just here to argue. No time for that.

15 Likes

???

Sry can you explain your last post?

Can now confirm IFR Test flight is bugged too, unable to complete lesson

The instructor tells me to turn right to a heading of 225 degrees. I do, and afterwards he doesn’t say anything else. I have flown about 20 nm on a heading of 225 and 5000 feet and the lesson doesn’t seem to want to advance!

9 Likes

Ok,

I just only ask as before, with fly heading xxx you need also take to account wind aspect, this can put you to another place as program expect. Only my opinion, I want describe logical reason to not reach defined point (generally IAF I expect here) or ILS join point to establish. What is set inside programmed lesson we can only guess…

Ignore him. He is a troll

7 Likes

Yes,

also good answers from you and no logical words to people want help to others… Ok, wish good luck.

I can reproduce this – the tutorial is failed the moment you touch the runway, no matter how smooth the landing is.

15 Likes

I can confirm this happens to me also. Definitely a bug.

7 Likes

Anyone have issues with the new IFR flight training. VOR basics, NDB Basics and ILS approach has the wrong HSI indicators set when the lessons start. Also On NDB basics the wind is 2knts one the PFD but the gust seek closer to 60. I have to use AP to keep it straight and level .

6 Likes

I could not select the NDB from the CDI. I have the Garmin add on. I was able to fly the ILS approach twice but each time I greased the landing but as I touched down the “instructor” said “watch it” and I was failed out of the lesson. Looks like it’s a bit buggy.

3 Likes

Yeah I think it is. I’ll see what a few other players say before I report it officially. Had a few other issues too. I may need to make a list.

I have buttered three landings now and in all of them my instructor says Watch Out!!!. Same problem here

12 Likes