Implement in-sim METAR according to Live Weather

So much frustration comes from inconsistencies between real life METARs and in-game MeteoBlue weather. I’m fine with MeteoBlue weather even if it doesn’t match real weather from time to time, but please give us METARs based on in-game weather so we could plan our flights properly!

2 Likes

It’s not just METAR and in-game effects, but ATIS. There seems to be a major disconnect between the 3:

METAR: Reported IRL at a specific point
ATIS: Report received over radio in-game (should at least come close to the METAR)
In-game: Conditions may not perfectly represent METAR, but should be close (e.g. ceiling with a few 100 feet, winds withing ~30 total degrees or 5 knots etc.).

When there’s significan weather changes METARs are update more frequently and get a SPECI keyword.

1 Like

If a simulator claims to have “real weather,” it ought to be a close enough approximation that real world flight planning tools can be used. If the simulator is going to use “Close to real weather,” The in game tools, like ATIS and ATC should be coordinated enough that one doesn’t get unrealistic vectors to an unrealistic runway.

Sigh now we have METAR and mow in a clear sky above europe some sttations have lower vis / foggish weather

So now we get these round patches of different weather in the radius of the station reporting it

See screenshot … clear all around just ones “disk” of low clouds above a station reporting it.

That is the 3rd “disk” i see in my EHAM-EDDC flight

1 Like

This is a known issue: METAR keeps disrupting the weather/ bugged weather/Cumulus/CB clouds only/no medium to high cloud coverage
And there is a request in that forum to have an option to disable real METAR injection, so live weather is only based on Meteoblue forecast as we had prior SU7:
Live Weather - Toggle options (enable/disable) for METAR based weather injections

Well i would like metar …. IF they can gently add to the sim. More smeared out out or something

This sounds like the most optimal way to have METAR, generated by live weather! but not in the current state it’s at! The changes made since su7 are too disruptive to the weather engine…and Asobo needs to make the weather a priority now, after so much focus on planes, and this supposed improvements to the weather that was promised a year ago with su 7 but never came… a huge regression instead!

1 Like