Include parking at all airports

DTTR El Borma doesn’t appear in the Navigraph data, though it’s VOR does. It would have been useful to see what stage of flight you were on. It’s more than likely the sim doesn’t think you are ready to finish the flight. For example, it could think you are ready to take off.

1 Like

it gave me a clear to land,I did let AI manage all except from the aircraft during the whole flight.
Maybe if some tasks are handled by AI ,the game doesn’t recognize it as completed?
I did went through the descend phase where I was ordered to follow the marks at 2000ft in a circle ,then runway in sight & clear to land with landing entry pattern.
So I did land & got achievement “Flights of fancy” when I hit the landing track.
Maybe unlocking that achievement messed up the transition somhow?
I think the synergies between gamesystems might cause these kind of issues at times

The phase in flight that most often gets messed up for me is approach & in transition between landing & landed,the contact ground not having options you’d expect.
Maybe the game often doesnt recognize parking options at such smaller unknown airports.Could be a mapping issue.Interface mess up or perhaps bad synergy between game systems.Would be nice if some testers got on it.

I also saw someone mention that,whatever you do,not going on the runway again after you have cleared the runway.But I was thinking about that advise landing here & never went on again,as it was said the game would think you want to take off again.

1 Like

Even the smallest strip with no parking spots at all will work, you just need to check that the phase of flight the sim expects you to be in. I cited one example before where this is easily broken, with an airstrip with two runways.

If you have the top menu option open to view the status of flight, you land, taxi off the runway, you should see the menu change to shut down engines. If you happen to be at one of those strips where there are intersecting runways, and you cross one of these, the sim will think you want to take off again. Now it won’t matter if you even find a parking spot, as a shut down won’t trigger the end of flight pop-up, as it expects you to take off.

What the sim thinks you are doing is critical, though it really shouldn’t be.

In case anyone is interested, I tried to log all the various states of a flight a while back.

2 Likes

oh I’ll keep an eye out on the objectives.Must be an objective in the landing phase if this is the issue.Unfortunately I won’t be playing the game anytime soon.Followed a recommendation in the force feedback wishlist topic… in an attempt to force feedback the vibration of my joystick.But it looks like i need to install the whole game again :sob:

That topic for the logbook not updating says “resolved bug” might not be resolved after all then…
I was thinking,maybe because “DTTR El Borma doesn’t appear in the Navigraph data” it is not included in consideration for the logbook or so? Guessing a bit now

No, i just can’t access the sim at the moment, so I used Navigraph Charts to look for it, and could only find its VOR.

Maybe some data concerning this airport is missing then ,causing the logbook issues.
I had the same issue with an airport near Zakynthos a week or 2 ago…Island just North of it called Kefalonia airport I think,but since I won’t be able to get ingame for a while I can’t go check.
But maybe it would be interesting to know if Navigraph chart can find only VOR of Kefalonia airport too or not

If you mean Kafallinia LGKF then it is there. I don’t think your issue was NAV data related, but the phase of flight as shown in Objectives.

1 Like

I will check on this /test once I am able to play again.

1 Like

First thing I did when being able to play again was fly to DTTR El Borma again.
It had same result as previous time.I think something is wrong with the sequence of objectives. I landed 1 time ,it didn’t recognize it ,during the whole landing attempt there were “no objectives” first try

![20210731133907_1|690x388]

when I got on the ground I got a big list of options this time.I decided to “go around” & land again.

During the go around the objectives did upgrade during landing phase.

But same result as first land attempt even when going through all the checkboxes ; no option to taxi to parking. But an end flight in objectives

At the parking there was a spot which I thought,if I park there,it might still recognize it & end the flight.

Then I switched on autopilot in the hope that it would position the plane in a way it would end the flight,but it didnt ,the plane just made a turn & I was not sure what it was up to.
Maybe something is wrong in the order of guidelines or so.

Wanted to link this in the “logbook not updating” topic ,but it seems that topic is “resolved” & closed down.Not sure where to report this.

1 Like

Even if the logbook pop up doesn’t occur, if you quit to main menu from there it should log your flight.

But depending on where you parked, you may get a “vicinity” log entry. That usually happens if you park at an airport with parking, but are nowhere near that parking. That said, I have had one occasion where it happened even when I was on the parking spot where the marshals were waiting for me.

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your input on this discussion. El Borma (DTTR) actually has parking by default and probably isn’t in the scope of the issue about airports without parking.
Please ask the moderator @ScruffyDuckJon to move your post to Sim Update V (1.18.13.0) Bug Megathread

FSEconomy users need parking too…

Hi
On many small airports or airstrips we can only spawn on the runways. Therefore, it’s not possible to start the flight in cold and dark mode.
I would like to have one (minimum) parking place on these ADs to start my flight.

Note: if you are flying on IVAO or VATSIM, it’s forbidden to start a flight directly on the runway. These ADs are therefore not “compatible” with IVAO and VATSIM :frowning:

linked thread : Mod to add Parking at smaller airstrips that don't have parking?

There was a time where I was adding parking spots to any airport I flew to that didn’t have any. I was also taking requests. It was a quick process of less than 5 minutes, so I hatched a plan: I had acquired a list of every public and private airport in my state. I then checked each one on the world map and took note of the ones without parking. I was going to go state by state, adding parking to every airport in the United States, eventually having it all packaged into a single freeware download. It was a surprisingly fast process. Then they updated the SDK to require you to create taxiways in order to add a parking spot. I dropped the whole project due to the sudden increase of time I’d have to dedicate to it, as well as a lack of desire to relearn how to do something I had already been easily doing. (It didn’t add much time to a single airport, but I was doing thousands of airports.)

I’m sure what I was doing could be done by adobe with a simple script. In my opinion, we should have the option to spawn anywhere on the ground we want, like you can in the air. Parking spots make sense for the gates, but anywhere else should be available too.

I like to fly the Spit and others from small airstrips. Often these have parking on the grass with no taxiways. Sometimes there is even a flat aeroplane on the ground from the satellite pics, but still no in-sim parking. It would be great to get this fixed.

Please excuse my ignorance as I have not flown on IVAO or VATSIM. Small uncontrolled airports do not require ATC services. Does IVAO and VATSIM require you to engage ATC while in uncontrolled airspace and at uncontrolled airports?

Clearly, the easiest feature to do would be to allow to choose the altitude of free spawn points
A simple option to choose “on the ground” or “in flight” would perhaps be the quickest. If you choose “ground” you are in cold and dark mode.

2 Likes

It is a nuisance but what I do id shut the A/C down & slew it to a suitable location. Restart the aircraft from cold. Sure the ATC gets a bit wonky but at least you can start & taxi to the rwy.

1 Like

“Many” is an understatement. I’d say the majority of rural airports lack parking places. And the majority of total airports are rural airports. So do the math.

More than half the global airports are unusable for me because I am not willing to spawn with engines running on the runway.

The problem:

Many grass strips / airfields lack designated parking areas in the simulator, making it impossible to choose to start “cold and dark.” Maybe this is a feature request, but I consider the missing menu option a bug.

This is an issue if you want a little bit of realism while “bush flying” and exploring.

Reproduce by selecting for example “ESUI” in Sweden or “EDRM” in Germany. (Picked completely by random from grass strips, no preference).

Potential solutions:

If the gate/parking list is empty, then

• auto-generate new “parking” spot(s) (next to each end of the field, midfield, or wherever there are no trees or buildings), or
  • add “Parked” or “Cold & dark” options mirroring the runway start positions using the same spots (but starting cold and dark), or
  • start “cold & dark” by default. It’s way faster/easier to press Ctrl-e to get started, than it is to shut everything down to reset.

Of course, another option is to make sure all grass fields have designated parking areas, but any of the solutions suggested above will serve well in the meantime.

Edit

Any solution allowing the “cold and dark” option is welcome, but as many have stated elsewhere, the option to start on the runway is already breaking the immersion. Having planes appearing on runways with engines off makes it even worse.

For this reason, I’d prefer the auto-generated parking-spots next to the field, if possible. At least with the multiplayer options. “Cold and dark on the runway” should really only be allowed in single player mode.