IRIS PC-24 coming to MSFS

Excited to see they will be bringing the Pilatus products to MSFS. I just hope the avionics are a little better on this version than the FSX/P3D version from a few years back!!

18 Likes

What exactly is a “recreational rendition”?

Dumbed-down arcadey?

1 Like

Interesting wording indeed.

I would assume this is the legalese phrase for ‘cannot officially be used for flight or system training’.

I don’t think we should assume it means ‘dummed down’ in any way 
 let’s wait and see! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

9 Likes

agreed!

Also, with the PC24 (and newer PC-12s) using Honeywell Avionics that really dont share much with other platforms, to do a proper rendition of this would take ALOT of work which i doubt we will see, but more of a upgraded “version” of MSFS default avionics. The P3D version was very underwhelming from an avionics perspective. I hope I’m wrong but I will not set my expectations very high just yet.

I sure hope it’s a solid, full featured product! Super exciting!

5 Likes

This is what I think it means too
 and I sure hope that’s it😊

Very much looking forward to the PC24

Hope Iris does the Honeywell based Pilatus ACE system (or at least a functional basic form) and doesn’t “copy-pasta,” the Asobo based Garmin systems used like in the Longitude. The ACE system has so much more to offer for navigation and combined EICAS functions. Prove me wrong IRIS Simulation! Although, my stomach feels they will “Frankenstein,” the systems from the TBM and Longitude. :worried:

1 Like

I brought their Jabiru on Simmarket but it didn’t get the latest update (it’s v1.30 on simmarket and v1.45 on his website, which is finished in March). I left a message on his Facebook and haven’t gotten any reply.

Ooooo and the PC9!

I wonder if the arrangement is exclusive. Meaning, will this prevent Carenado from bringing their PC-12 to MSFS?

The PC-24, PC-9, and PC-12 are all verrrryyyy different. Like, extremely so.

For those wondering about the systems, the PC-24 was released for FSX and P3D in 2016. At least it’s start. Initial reviews were, “eh” but, a lot of people grew to like it as it was updated over the next year or so, I haven’t looked into it any further.

Agreed on the differences between the aircraft. I just wondered if the Iris agreement was a blanket covering all types manufactured under the Pilatus brand.

By the way
 the first Pilatus ever built and released for any flight sim was by my company way back in 1995 or so. I did the panel of the Pc7 and later Pc9 and we had Swiss chap do the aircraft.

Our work was on the cover of one of the first issues of PC Pilot magazine.

4 Likes

I’m imagining their license is to use the Pilatus name in their product. Did they say anything about an “exclusive” license? They might also have a relationship with the company for getting information. There’s other people releasing Pilatus aircraft, multiple I think.

Carenado doesn’t license brands so I don’t think this would stand in their way. It will be called Carenado PC-12.

You know what this means fellas.Finally a jet we will be able to do short field unpaved runways and this sim has some amazing sites for bush flying.
I’m excited for the PC24 :smiley:

6 Likes

ABSOLUTELY looking forward to this!

Here are the coordinates for “The Vale” grass strip, the location featured in the video above:

(-41.4295157, 146.2652698)

I’ve landed the CJ4 there, but it’s just not the same
 wanna see that Pilatus gear absorbing the bumps😊

5 Likes

you cant select it (YVAL) in MSFS
what’s the closest airport to it?

1 Like

Excited! Especially after that sam chui video on pc-24! Will be replacing the CJ4 for me!

I have never owned an IRIS product in FSX/P3D (and not because I don’t like the developer). Does anyone have experience with them in the other sims, just to get an idea of where my expectations should be?

1 Like