Just Flight's FS Traffic for MSFS

Ultimate Traffic is a product hosted by Flight1 where it offered/offers users AI traffic with past compiled schedules. They also implemented a lot of customizable tools that allowed for editing/adding schedules, airlines, liveries, etc. Schedules were updated during different seasons.

Looking at both products side by side, they have many similarities rather than differences.

Based on what I’ve read in both the Just Flight website and here on this forum thread, as well as what was mentioned on some of the videos, it appears that this is not a simple “install and forget” type of application.

As a potential buyer, I have a few quick questions:

For each flight do I need to open their app via the drop-down menu and enter airport information in order for this app to load up traffic?

Do I need to also enter the day of the week and time of day prior to each flight?

I would rather not have to do so but simply select a flight and have the app figure that out. I understand that MSFS is different than FSX but there was nothing easier than World of AI working in FSX.

2 Likes

I’ve been a user of FSLTL for a while and was reasonably happy with it.
However here’s why I’ve been hyped about FSTraffic and bought it immediately.

• Performance seems a bit better than FSLTL
  • Don’t have to run a whole separate utility, wait for it to boot and do its thing
  • Nothing to set up, other then giving it a destination airport
  • I can’t fly in real time, so traffic not being live is actually a really good thing
  • Biggest thing - I mostly fly for my own airlines using AirHauler / OnAir, and the ability to add my airlines and see my aircraft with my livery fly around is huge!
3 Likes

So if I choose a flight from Miami, Florida to Orlando, Florida and I enter Orlando as my destination airport, I will see airplanes at Miami and Orlando “only” and none at the airports that I overfly on the flight?

Yes, you’ll only see parked traffic on your origin and destination. Ordinarily you’d be pretty high up to see those, wouldn’t you?

What you can do, say you’re overflying LAX at a low altitude, you can set it as your destination midlfight, and that would spawn the traffic. Then just change it back after you’ve passed it.

Regardless of what you do though you’ll still have traffic enroute flying around you.

1 Like

Well it was working. Now loading into Dallas no bueno. I have GSX unlinked and was gonna see it full ground equipment but guess it’s said no lol

Thank you, GeorgLeboui!

NGL kinda got that buyers remorse going on. Oh well back to live traffic

3 Likes

Wait, so when airborne, if you want to see traffic as you overfly an airport, you need to set that airport as your destination and go back and remove it? That’s
interesting. Loads of airports have their own VOR’s or navigational aids that are flown over or aircraft will fly parallel or perpendicular to an airport, LAS is a great example of this where the majority of aircraft flying out of the L.A area use LAS or BLD as points for heading East. Once airborne, FPS have never been an issue. This method sounds like you’ll only see traffic airborne if you’re airborne and on the ground only at your airport. So if I am on the ground, such as LAX as my departure or arrival, does that mean I will not see traffic flying around the area in the distance landing at BUR, ONT, or LGB? One thing I love about the program I use is that when I fly over airports, I can see their landing and takeoff movements as I pass by and can see their approach and department corridors from above.

1 Like

About half the time nothing loads into the game, they’re not invisible but simply not loading in whether that be generating and removing nothing happens and nothing shows in the sim objects. Anyone having this issue.

1 Like

Not entirely correct. I spawned into KSFO earlier this afternoon and saw contrails passing overhead. So clearly FS Traffic is inserting some traffic passing by your departure airport at least.

If you want to see unlimited amounts of traffic all over the place, use the sim’s default AI traffic settings and deal with the performance hits. If you want your specific route and your departure/arrival airports to feel alive, FS Traffic is a good option without as much of a performance hit.

The simmer in me has become too spoiled and I couldn’t imagine going back to non-live based AI. I fly within business hours anyways.

2 Likes

yes I have the same issue

You can allways use increase sim rate to do it faster. I use it all the time. Just enable it for 16x sim speed and wait one minute (it would be 16min in sim).

If the default offline traffic was able to incorporate proper air traffic, maybe. But as it is, the offline traffic is totally random and online is, of course, at the whims of the actual timezone of where you’re flying.

Some guys here say they see enroute traffic. Do you play on VATSIM? I mean I fly offline and can’t See any Traffic airborne at Cruise altitude except near to departure and arrival airport (Starts/ landings)

That was the first thing I did (disable all ground services in the Traffic Control Centre) after seeing the pre-release video posted by someone two days ago and after reading the manual.

1 Like

After my first test yesterday (from which I posted some screenshots) I had only a good experience with FS Traffic and I saw some traffic with contrails around me when cruising. I don’t use VATSIM, only Offline AI Traffic.

1 Like

Also when entering ICAO of your destination airport you must click on Confirm. I found this a little bit confusing and I wasn’t sure if the program accepted that.

1 Like

Doea this work with the FSTL traffic injector?