Just Flight's FS Traffic for MSFS

Yeah there is no feedback for this button. So how do I know the programm took it?

1 Like

It would be nice if it populated airports along your chosen flight plan , rather than just departure and arrival. It’ adds a lot to see busy airports below as you fly over them.

2 Likes

Hence my question if it can be used with another traffic injector

Fsltl promises that support will be added in next update.

2 Likes

Could somebody send me pictures or videos, where you can see that FS Traffic injects cruise level traffic? For me it still does not work, I did an installation as in instruction and can’t find the issue on my end

It’s only airport, where is the enroute traffic?

Ok I need to correct myself, there is enroute traffic but it is 90% less than in FSLTL

One method to compare FS traffic vs FSLTL fps, is using real time online method. And wait 15min in high density airport. You can see injected models with dev mode -) objects -) airplanes. Try to get same amount of models.

But in fs traffic you should make this twice: with LowLOD+LowTextures and with HighLOD+HighTextures. And offcourse with all the ground handling enabled.

I would do this comparison but i dont want to make purchase, because i am satisfied with FSLTL + AIG combo.

I assume, that FS traffic’s solution to disable ground handling is the case in airports. However, this is doable with FSLTL also with mass editing aircraft.cfg files with notepad++ with single clicks. And there is great software where you can mass downscale FSLTL textures from 4K to 1/2K.

A question from a VFR GA flyer.
Normally I fly low altitudes between 3000 and 10000 MSL. Often also without entering a flight plan.
Of course I often pass large airports but I normally don’t take off or land there. But I like to see other aircraft taking off or landing there or seeing airliners and contrails around me

Will this addon be something I’ll benefit from compared to FSLTL or AIG?

1 Like

I thought FSLTL does that?
Doesn’t it inject into a specified radius around you?

I haven’t used it for a while, keep meaning to give it another whirl.

So my satisfaction with FS Traffic continues this morning. I chose a short flight from Istanbul LTFJ to Milas-Bodrum LTFE in Turkish Airlines PMDG 737-800 and after loading into LTFJ the airport was full. I even couldn’t see any empty gate. I entered ICAO of my destination airport, did the pre-flight things and left for the runway. After take-off I enabled AI Traffic data fetching into Little Navmap, so you can see traffic around me as I was climbing out:

On FL I was checking the sky around me in external view from time to time and I always saw at least one AI aircraft with contrails nearby. Then after landing at LTFE:

All these aircraft had liveries that I would expect to see at this airport. And the sim performance was just awesome.

6 Likes

As far as i can see - airports on route don’t have traffic. I flew Heathrow to Southend deliberately to see London City and it was empty. I am hoping this changes in the future .

Just to add generally - I am finding it very hit and miss in terms of it loading traffic at departure. Heathrow first try - plenty of traffic on ground and in air. Next two tries to test consistency and it was empty with the exception of one plane on the ground and a couple of contrails.

I am hoping this is sorted, this is not an objects issue.

2 Likes

Yes, that would be a nice optional feature.

Well I loaded second flight. In Cape Town, early morning, no traffic at all. I checked FS Traffic menu, density was 100%, so it didn’t crashed (as per manual). I filled and confirmed destination airport in FSTraffic in Johannesburg. No traffic enroute. Landed into completely empty Johannesburg. Definitely needs more polishing.

1 Like

My thoughts on this: Fs traffic might be good, if you don’t fly at your own timezone. I am European and I mainly fly in the states, so naturally with FSTL there is less traffic than with FS traffic. Nevertheless i will stick with FSTL because FS Traffic has too many drawbacks for me.

1. it is not easier to use let alone fire and forget, because you always need to enter your destination ICAO. FSTL I have to start manually and then press enter, but that’s it, so no actual advantage or disadvantage.
  2. If I fly in a high density area like LA I would like to see traffic on airports I overfly, but not intend to land. Imagine going from KLAS to KLAX, but no traffic at KBUR, KONT, KSMO and so on - nothing for me.
  3. I don’t like that there is only one exemplary week from Summer 22. I would not want to see an airport like LGIR-Heraklion packed with Charter aircraft, if I go there on a misty January day. But that should be relatively easy to change.
  4. and this is even more personal preference: I just prefer live traffic. When flying near my IRL homebase and I can hear ATC talking to a company airplane, while asking myself why they are late again - unbeatable.
    These are just my thoughts while considering to buy FS Traffic (and another point: FSTL is free). I think it is/ a good product, but it all comes down to personal preference. For me the drawbacks are too big at the moment.
2 Likes

Again don’t want to hijack this thread to a fsltl topic, but regarding your point 1, fsltl can be configured to be like configure once and forget. You need to enable silent start in the fsltl json to avoid hitting enter at every start and enable fsltl in msfs exe.xml so that fsltl starts automatically with msfs. If you need more details, you can pm me.

2 Likes

You can automate that. I have it starting on auto every sim session via add on linker, but you can do it with MSFS sim EXE.xml method too. FSLTL is truly a fire and forget solution.

2 Likes

“Ordinarily”? Well it depends on your altitude. “Ordinarily” for you could be very different to that of someone else. If I’m flying around in a small GA aircraft at 2,500 feet, I would absolutely expect to be able to see traffic at any airport I pass close to.

As far as I understand, currently this is mostly geared towards airline fliers. I know that doesn’t make much sense as ga fliers should be able to see airlines taking off and landing too. But i think that’s WIP and they have talked about a GA related extension.

1 Like

Thx AbhishekDey1594 and BragRaindrop933. Didn’t know that.

3 Likes