Just Flight's FS Traffic for MSFS

Tried the same route, but on my system there’s is absolutely nothing on departure, midway or on arrival.
Wish it worked, JF is helpful but they only tell me to do what I already have done. All this with an empty community folder except FS Traffic.

Yeah they have confirmed that they will be adding GA traffic. But I still think the whole process of having to enter a “destination” airport is not a viable option going forward. Surely it should be automatically loading traffic in based on a radius from your current location. Very annoying to have to manually enter an ICAO, especially when you consider that a lot of the time there could be a few airports in close proximity to each other. This is one instance where FSLTL excels. Still it’s early days, and I’m hopeful JF will sort these issues out. If there’s one developer within the flight simming scene that I would trust to always get things right, it’s Just Flight.

3 Likes

Can you quantify performance improvements between JFFST and FSLTL for same airport and same density say? Maybe the performance improvements are just via the ground clutter removal section?

It does seem a little bit better but looking at some videos maybe not massively better??? 2 to 5 fps based on the videos I have seen, I think, but as ever probably YMMV.

With FSLTL I get traffic at airports in about a minute or so meaning that I can take off reasonably quickly and still have AI aircraft around me. This is a massive plus for me tbh.

I have heared mention that with FS Traffic you have to wait around 10 to 15 minutes for a decent amount of AI traffic. Is this really a thing? If true, then that would be a definite reason to stick with FSLTL.

Have gsx had much success. Object level has been a real issue with gsx and fstl. So how do you know you have hit the limit. Check little navmap if plenty of ai there and none shown you have hit the limit. Second as a vr user the toolbar is gone . No way to recover restart the sim. This is entirely an Asobo issue they need to sort this as ever more complicted enhancements are used together.dont vent your frustation like i did with gsx . Scale back your settings massively and moan at Asobo.

Sorry, I can’t at the moment because I uninstalled FSLTL and I plan to use FS Traffic only instead. Maybe I will use the FSLTL injector in the future for the real time traffic. I have just finished a flight from Frankfurt EDDF (Asobo premium version) where there were many AI aircraft taxiing, taking off and landing on two parallel runways (I have seen 3 aircraft on approach in line) and the overall sim performance felt much better than as I remember it a couple of weeks back with FSLTL when I was at this airport. And that’s just it for me, I like to keep it simple and I don’t measure fps. If it is because of the ground services removal I don’t know, maybe. I like FSLTL, it’s one of the best free things for MSFS out there but I’ve got a new toy now :wink:

3 Likes

I had to gut my community folder to try and get FS Traffic to work and still wouldn’t. Followed that checklist in the setup to a T and nothing. Went back to the other with live traffic and put all my stuff back. Too much work to have to get rid of stuff. I’ll try it again after it’s polished.

I agree.

On a positive note though I don’t think you have to enter a destination airport if you start up with a flight plan on the FS20 world map. I mostly fly with a flight plan so maybe this wouldn’t be a major issue for me.

1 Like

For me it was the Flightcontrolreplay in game panel. I moved that out of the community folder for now and it fixed the crashes. See if that works for you and hopefully Justflight will sort out the issue in a future patch.

Does anyone know if JF FS Traffic AI Aircraft are recognised by Pilot2Atc?

After each flight i have to restart my whole computer to get it to work again. Dont know why.

But manual says even if either a msfs or fs traffic FP is used the in game fs traffic menu must at least be opened to generate the traffic

You previously said you had no perf issues with FSLTL so I was just curious what was running better performance wise with FS Traffic. I’ve backed off with IFR & LOD a bit with FSLTL and have perf issues with latest model set, so perf improvement across all models would be one major reason to look at this. Would like to see some figures though.

This is addressed in the manual.

Yes, but that talks about restarting the sim, not the computer. Can someone check if fstraffic spawns any background process automatically either via msfs exe.xml or via a windows service/start up script?

Like gsx engine couatl or whatever it’s name is.

1 Like

I agree, it’s like aerosoft’s vdgs implementation, which is also annoying.

Yes, I have never had any issues with FSLTL, just on bigger airports with more AI traffic the overall performance was worse (my laptop getting old: i9-10980 / RTX 2080) and as I remember we were rather talking about the difference between the base packs where I didn’t see any degradation with the latest pack. There will be many comparison videos soon, I’m sure about that.

1 Like

Mmmm … bit of a shame that.

I didn’t know that so thank you for pointing it out :slightly_smiling_face:

Yes, looking forward to seeing those videos. Played the one linked above and it looks and sounds great. I am somewhat addicted to live traffic though. I’ll wait to see what comparisons are like. Some of the large more detailed airports of late are the main culprits of performance (CPU/mainthread) so I do kind of like the idea of having an easy option to remove stuff to help with perf.

1 Like

a lot going on here. am having no problems so far, only thing really irritating is no matter where I spawn, US or Europe for example, I always get enroute traffic from EGSS-LEVC. Even over the US :laughing:
Thats the only thing thats weird and I did not expect. Otherwise its a great program. No regrets buying it day one. has anyone tried offline traffic together with fs traffic? as there are no ga models yet, I´d like to use the offline ga traffic by simflea which worked good with fsltl