KDFW taxiway bridge cause plane crash

Please tag your post with #pc and/or #xbox. pc

Are you on Steam or Microsoft Store version? STEAM

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it? NO

Brief description of the issue:
Crossing bridge on Z taxiway of KDFW cause plane crash.
Note that crossing bridge on Y, A or B is OK and do not cause plane crash.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detail steps to reproduce the issue encountered:
See brief description.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up of relevant:
Seems irrelevant.

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

I gave it a try. I don’t get a crash, but I can’t make it across the bridge without coming to a complete sudden stop.
Something definitely not right there.

There’s a glitch with the surface altitude data. The Sim thinks you’re driving into a wall.

1 Like

I just filled out a whole bug report form, because I unfortunately missed that this topic had already begun. I can say though from my experience that I am having the exact same problem with that taxi bridge at this moment in time on PC with two aircraft, one modded and the other a in game Cessna. So I believe it has not been fixed by anyone yet unfortunately. I have not tested the other bridges myself either. I hope this gets fixed in an update.

A post was split to a new topic: KDFW missing in the World Map

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

No

Brief description of the issue:

No one can taxi on taxiway Zulu (Z) because the taxiway is broken. It’s a “bridge” taxiway over the highway at KDFW but it completely stops planes and we can’t get out of the “stuck” part

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

ICAO or coordinates (DevMode > Options > Display position)

KDFW, taxiway Z

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Yes, I have them same issue. No crash for me but I turned off collission for obvious reasons!

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

Nothing to add. It’s just when you try to pass the bridge at Z; there is a “wall”.

This is still an issue with this scenery. I crashed going over the bridge as well. Reloaded flight and went over bridge via Taxiway “Y” instead of “z” and got across without any issue.

1 Like

Fixed in SU12: Release Notes - Sim Update 12 [1.31.22.0] Available Now

There is another bug report related to this case, as it is not just a bridge but an overall texture mapping that is affecting the bridge but also texture quality, runway and also taxiways

Taxiways Y and Z both faulty, between HY and JY.

A post was merged into an existing topic: KDFW Ground texture problem - PC

I am in the latest Beta Build 1.34.10.0 and I was able to cross the taxiway bridge. Can others in the Beta take a look and report? Thanks!

I just flex down to KSAT “San Antonio” and the same issue with graphics. I think there is an issue with all the major areas. As I flew over Austin I noticed all types of fuzzy and bad-looking graphics.

Can confirm this is fixed for the dfw new update also which came today,

1 Like

Closed as fixed in Sim Update 13: Release Notes - Sim Update 13 [1.34.16.0] Available Now