Landing Challenge Leaderboard Not Updating!

2 years later this is still happening

SINCE YESTERDAY, when I end a landing challenge if I scored 1.000.000 points and a A mark, the multiplayer leader board will still show me as if I had 0 points

I don’t know what’s happening, but that’s so frustrating

Anyone found out yet why its not updating our scores man

1 Like

I have had the same problem for quite a while.

Yes it is but I don’t think there bothered about it leaderboard side of things

It seems absurd to me that this is still not fixed. Why bother implementing features like leaderboards if they are just going to get broken and never fixed?

This bug is definitely still happening - it seems like to varying degrees depending on the landing challenge.
For example:

• the new (NZ world update) Christchurch landing challenge seems to be working fine
  • The (US world update) Skyline Idaho landing challenge never worked at all (nobody at all in the global leaderboard)
  • The Bornholm Denmark leaderboard used to work, but no longer does (my score is recorded as an old one ~700k, but since I have gotten an A but the old score still shows - also my Dad who only started playing more recently has also gotten an A but he doesn’t show on the leaderboard at all)

This has got to be a relatively simple bug to fix but it has been ignored for years. I thought the idea of the upcoming SU was to fix these niggling issues but somehow they are still not being addressed.

P.S. this thread is a duplicate of Landing challenges not updating scores and mods may want to merge them?

Actually - just worked out it isn’t quite as simple as I said above. I have noticed that as I have been doing the Christchurch challenge it is overwriting good scores with worse ones rather than just keeping your best score as the one on the leaderboard.

Still does not work after the SU12

1 Like

It is upsetting that this still hasn’t been added to the known bugs list. It is even flagged on the forum as “feedback logged” instead of “bug logged”. It is clearly a bug, not “feedback”.

I appreciate the bug fixes that came with SU12 but IMO it didn’t go far enough. We probably need another one or two sim updates that focus entirely on bug fixes before they try adding any additional functionality.

It just seems like a joke that core parts of the sim are fundamentally broken and when the bugs are reported they aren’t even acknowledged.

2 Likes

The new spotlight event “First Flight Airport” displays old scores from the spotlight event “Kingston Nevada”. :rofl:

It is broken in so many more ways than I would have imagined. :hushed:

How did you even notice that that was the case?

I fly the landing challenge with 2 friends.
I am the only one of the three of us who has now tried the landing challenge “First Flight Airport”.
But I see 3 scores from us in the leaderboard.
Since the leaderboards do not work properly, we keep our scores in an Excel file. So I could assign the 3 scores. :rofl:

Sad to see this still not being recognised. The thread isn’t even marked as “bug-logged” so they aren’t even treating it as a bug :person_facepalming:

Our testers have tried several scenarios as presented in this thread, but every time they were able to see their score update on the leaderboard, so it looks like it must be a specific condition that we have not been able to identify yet.

If there are any possible other reproduction steps you could provide that may help, please feel free to post below. Thank you!

It is disappointing to know that after almost 3 years of discussion in this thread this bug has still not been acknowledged by the dev team.
On some landing challenges (not many it seems) the leaderboards work fine (not sure if this is to do with some being from world updates and some not?) but on others the leaderboards are completely broken. If it would help I would be happy to record a video demonstrating the issue tonight but I don’t think I could provide much more context than what is already in this thread.

The fact that it works on some landing challenges and not others (and for everybody it is the same landing challenges that work and the same ones that don’t) tells me the issue can’t be with the end users’ PCs or connectivity (if that was the case it would either be random or happen all the time) but must be a server-side problem.

I have recorded a video of me testing out the 3 landing challenges that I specifically mentioned above in this thread in the hope that the additional info can be of help in getting this issue finally resolved. If there is anything at all I can do to help further please let me know. I am a senior software developer by trade so if you ask me for anything technical I won’t be scared off :slight_smile:

The following is also in the video description on youtube and the timestamps should work as links so you can navigate easily in the video (I don’t expect anybody to watch the whole, terrible, attempts at the landing challenges :laughing:)

First I tried the Christchurch landing challenge. It seemed to work fine which I think has always been the case. In the video I incorrectly said it was overwriting good scored with worse scores but that wasn’t the case with this one.
At 11:54 I completed the Skyline landing challenge. I had previously gotten an A (1,021,198) in this but the score never saved to the leaderboard. At the time I think the leaderboard was completely empty as there were no scores at all when I looked at it. This time I got a whopping 31,680 and just as I finish you can see my “Best Score” updates from 1,021,198 to the new 31,680. Obviously it should have kept my higher score but I guess since that hadn’t saved to the leaderboard properly it got overwritten. It seems like maybe this landing challenge is fixed as far as new scores saving goes but old scores are still not showing up.
At 16:39 I complete the Bornholm Denmark one and get a better score than what the leaderboard says was my best (although I got an A at some point and the leaderboard just never saved that). Even though the score I got here was better than the existing one on the leaderboard neither the leaderboard or “Best Score” is updated with my new score.

Clearly this is an issue and as far as I can tell it affects everybody. If anybody can prove me wrong by recording themselves getting a new high score on Bornholm Denmark and having it register in the leaderboard I would love to know.

For the testers I would suggest that as the test case: Just try to get a new high score recorded on that particular landing challenge.

I should also mention I am in Australia and am connected to the East USA region. Somehow it has a lower ping than the SE Asia region here which is a completely separate issue.

Hi Jummivana, here is one example - the Inkom, Idaho landing challenge with zero functionality on the leaderboard 1.29 million points extreme STOL cross-wind landing Inkom, Idaho USA - YouTube

1 Like

And another which I’ll remove once the team have checked it out… Released for MSFS Forum use & coders only. Don't watch if you aren't involved - YouTube

1 Like

Thank you, passing it on to the team!

1 Like

@Jummivana The following other threads also reporting this bug. I guess they should be merged into this thread and the votes combined?

Interestingly the first one of those is correctly tagged as “bug-logged” even though this thread is still marked as “feedback-logged”.