Live Weather improved but still not correct on second flight

I’m also experiencing that same old bug where live weather only works for ONE flight and then never again until you completely exit the sim and start it again.

However, even when it works for that one flight, I’m not seeing any snow at all, even in places that I know for a fact currently have at least 12" of snow on the ground. :frowning_face: :roll_eyes:

Glad to see I’m not the only one still experiencing this issue. I loaded into KATL yesterday and the weather in game was sunny meanwhile it was pouring rain in Atlanta. I’ve only seen live weather go as far as load in cloudy conditions, but rarely no precipitation. Even weirder, is that the weather on the radar shows precipitation but live weather only shows partly cloudy, and maybe if lucky, overcast conditions.

I miss Active Sky Next lol.

Yes, I saw that too. I actually did a flight from KMIA to KATL hoping that maybe it was delayed in sim… but no… beautiful weather in KATL in MSFS…

I am seeing snow in areas I know that had snow at the time of update, however, it has been snowing a lot the last two days around my area and the snow is not yet showing. I wonder what is the update rhythm for snow layers.
Beside that, I am still getting live weather at every flights, clouds and winds match my IRL observations.

1 Like

previous post removed thanx to the forum police.

This is driving me mad. It works…it dont work!
Tried setting it to clear then changing in game…sometimes works.
My son gets it ok…updating all the time…and he lives .5 mile from me!

I really can’t believe this is still an issue, but it is.

For those experiencing an issue, please check out this thread. It’s not perfect, but it’s a workaround.

Confirmed, this trick works for me! :slight_smile: You’re right, it’s not perfect, but it’s much better than exiting and restarting the sim every time. Thanks! :grin:

1 Like

Ok, the workaround works. However, you cannot EVER in the same session have live weather activated from the welcome screen. You MUST start your first flight with the workaround in place, then the second flight the workaround works. If you start your first flight with live weather chosen from the welcome screen, the workaround will NOT work in subsequent flights. Wish I’d realized that earlier lol!

It is a mystery for me why some people still have to do the workaround, for me live weather works from the welcome screen at every flight now… as long as I do not select an airplane before a departure.

Mystery indeed. I have two houses, one with fiber optic extremely good internet and the other with DSL garbage internet and have MSFS on a different computer at each house. Live weather on the second flight doesn’t work for either of them so contrary to what some say about internet connectivity being an issue, I don’t think it’s the case. However, now that I know the proper way to use the workaround (must start initial flight with preset/clear skies) it’s not as big of deal, just a pain.

And about internet connection I only have what you call DSL garbage…

Hi,

I only have real live weather on my first flight in the sim.
Whenever I switch to a different airport, it remains clear skies.

Is there any solution to this bug?

Live weather fix (workaround) - Community / General Discussion - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

You need always start with clear sky. Even for first flight. Then switch to Live Weather. This is old bug still unfixed.

1 Like

Yep. Doin a flight with live weather. Finished flight and back in the menus to start another one and, voila, no weather data, clear sky and 29,92 baro on live weather.

1 Like

Have the same problem. Live weather is broken after the first flight. Starting in clear weather and then switching to love works though

Hey all!

Can anyone repro this current bug for me with a possible video recording on the latest build? I’m talking to our team about it and would love to help them nail the issue down more.

For those that have the issue, it’s easy. To make sure it wasn’t something with Simbrief, which I normally use, I also tested manually entering a flight plan.

1. At world map go to flight conditions and set live weather on your first flight. Doesn’t matter if you use live players, all players, off under MP. Also doesn’t matter if you which air traffic you use.

2. Start flight…you can then exit out to main menu once you spawn in.

3. Choose another flight, spawn in and 29.92 and clear skies.

100% reproduceable. No mystery or steps needed. I’m not going to bother to do a video as it’s really that easy. I can also confirm that I play at two difference locations 40 miles apart, one with DSL 15mb download/.750 upload and at another place with 400mb DL/80mb upload so I don’t think it’s network related.

Most of us work around having to restart after each flight by choosing preset clear skies on your first flight, then changing to live weather once inside the cockpit. 100% fixes the issues as long as you remember to change to live weather inside the sim every flight. If the team want to fix it, I would be happy to let them access either of my computers as I play and they can see for themselves what’s going on in the background.

6 Likes

Glad to hear it. However, most of us with the problem have removed our Community folder as a troubleshooting measure and it didn’t help.

I posted a video of the fix. Be sure to follow it TO THE LETTER>

Also, make sure that you start the sim fresh before starting this process. If you try to initialize that first clear weather after it’s already been broken, it won’t work.

2 Likes