Live weather stops injecting after a certain duration flown / certain time flown

I use rex weather for my weather. They are doing a lot better than MFS is right now. Not perfect but way better.

I’ve just tried a flight after turning off ipv6 and it worked… sort of. I haven’t had a situation where the clouds just disappeared, but there were no low level clouds in the whole flight and I know for a fact that there were low level clouds where I was flying. I don’t know if it is a live weather problem or a problem with turning off ipv6, but whatever it is it’s all because msfs live weather doesn’t work properly which is extremely annoying

Oh, and nothing showed up on the weather radar despite the weather being shocking irl…

Bought it and requested a refund the next day. It just doesn’t transition between METARS smoothly enough, and then there is the massive frame rate drop while it updates the weather, so a no go for me.

In that case it is not an issue due to turning off ipv6, maybe you are experiencing another known bug: Live weather data issue - weather is 48+ hours old, and for this one no workaround, we need to wait for a fix hopefully in one of the next Sim Update.

2 Likes

Ok thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hmm

The whole is weather is just absolutely borked. So annoying :(.

2 Likes

If I had a Dollar for every time I have heard this, I would be the one owning Facebook now !!

2 Likes

SU10 is planned for July so hopefully they’ll have time to work on more weather fixes and improvements than in SU9. Maybe a good surpise ?.

This issue is also affecting me. The “live” weather loads into the sim correctly but after about an hour and a half, the clouds disappear and do not load again unless I restart the entire sim. The actual weather information reflected in the METAR, such as wind and temp is still there and loading correctly. It is just the clouds and associated effects like rain etc.

2 Likes

I think is for next month, not July

No, SU10 is planned for July. As per the latest roadmap Development Roadmap - Microsoft Flight Simulator, in June WU10 will be released so as a fact SU10 will be the following month.
Look at that post (search for “July” word) where Martial and Jorg commented it will be in July:

Live Dev Q&A - March 23rd, 2022

2 Likes

I am on the Ethernet so doesn’t apply to me. How can I fix this problem?

Have you checked in the Data section of your FS2020 configuration that Live Weather option is activated ?
You can also check online services status here: Online Services Monitoring

Yes, I tried all that and still no weather. I tried installing and reinstalling and still no weather.

Prior to start a flight look on the FS2020 globe a zone with clouds and start your flight in an airport located there. Just to make sure that your issue is not starting a flight in a zobe with blue sky.

The problem at the moment is that Flight Sim cant load the real live weather data per minute, let me explain: well when u start at ur Departure Airport u might have the real live weather for around 30min but if u flying to another airport somewhere 30min, 1 hour u dont get live data anymore sometimes u see clouds but sometimes the clouds stop suddenly. That is a big problem right now an hope they fix soon this issue cause before we had everywhere absolutly good live weather data and it was a pleasure to fly into clouds, rain etc… But as we know every update bring big problems back haha so I dont mind, except to get CTD then I am out again for months.

Even after turning off ipv6, I have this issue. Any leads??

Can confirm this bug,

I did today test, 2hr flight on FL320 and it appeared also to me. I saved my flight (PMDG737) and do settings change as sugested, no effect. Then I went to Main menu, disconnect from my WiFi and reconnect. After that loaded flight and all comes again, after that no weather disappeared. I’ll do more tests but this is very strange bug.

I can confirm that if I had flights (previously) till FL230??? +/- and also long flights about 2hr I didn’t have this problem.

1 Like

This also has recently started happening to me, never had an issue with weather injection until now.