Loading a flight (from cloud): menu bar is gone

Are you on Xbox, Steam or Microsoft Store version?
MS Store

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?
Dev mode, but doen’t matter

Brief description of the issue:
Loading a flight (from the cloud or not)
Menu bar is gone!
Can’t change weather, weight, fuel etc. no access to anything there!

If I load a saved flight on the ground, I found slewing upward a few hundred feet and then slewing right back down to the ground gets the menu bar to appear again. Why? I have absolutely no idea.

Moderators, that is not a feedback, this is a bug!
thx

1 Like

Hi,

Been playing on the Xbox Series X and must say the Simulator is very impressive. Played before for years on PC.

Anyways…

I have noticed an issue when I have saved a flight and then want to continue the next day. I noticed that the Toolbar is missing from the top of the screen. There is no way to get it to show at all. It’s extremely frustrating.

Basically I have started a flight from cold. Landed at the destination and then taxi and parked, turned everything off in the aircraft then saved.

Then when loaded back into that saved state the Toolbar never appears.

I could get it to appear after illegally taking off but it doesn’t appear when on the ground (when you actually need it to start the next leg of the flight)

Can we please get a fix for this. Loaded progress is just just no go as it stands.

Another issue separate to this but also to do with saved states is the fact that we cannot delete on console. Please also give us that option.

Many thanks in advance.

I have the same problem problem on my Series X. Tried everything. Nothing worked. The game is unplayable at this current state. I uploaded a video on YouTube which demonstrates the bug/glitch. This needs to be fixed asap. Haven’t been able to play now for almost a week. Bad customer support.

youtu.be/QDUFpvagPc4

4 Likes

I have the same issue on my PC version. I’m using it to teach middle school students how to fly and I need the handlbar menu to come back when I reload a saved flight.

2 Likes

My first post so “Hi, etc”.

I have just started getting this problem on Xbox.

I save the game mid-flight and then when I load the following day I have no waypoints, POI, nor can I access the toolbar with L3.

Saving and loading is a fundamental of gaming so this really does need to be addressed.

I have tried reinstalling and I still have the same problem. Next course of action is to delete my pilot profile. Drastic but I don’t want to not be able to do long-haul flights because of this.

Mind-blowing game apart from that, which I still can’t quite believe I am playing on a console.

1 Like

It’s definitely broke, can’t do longer flights, work around family, immersion completely ruined

2 Likes

Still broken! Even after the latest 9GB patch. The game is still broken and unplayable. Asobo! Fix this!

1 Like

its not unplayable at all.

Experiencing the same issue. The worst part is you can’t acknowledge the last transmission from ATC, so they cut communication and with the POIs also not loading, you’re flying blind if you’re in unfamiliar territory.

TOOLBAR STILL NOT SHOWING AFTER LOADING A FLIGHT!!!

Newest patch: 1.24.5.0 Xbox Series X

GAME STILL BROKEN UNPLAYABLE

Contacted Microsoft for a full refund of the game. At least I got my money back today :slight_smile:

I can only encourage users with the same glitch, to also call Microsoft for full refund.

Still not working on the PC (Steam) version, and hard to believe this serious of a bug has lasted this long. You are pretty much limited to single session flights and not able to break up longer flights. It also seems like the functions of the toolbar are removed as well (not simply the the toolbar itself), because pressing the ATC hotkey doesn’t bring up the ATC window either.

Still happens on Series X. Crazy, since essentially loading a saved game is a critical component of the game.

1 Like

Some remarks: this occurs both on PC and xbox, and is unrelated to loading from cloud as it also happens when loading from a file.

Very happy to see this tagged as “bug-logged”.

Some related topics that may be of interest:

There are some others as well. The issue has existed since the initial release.

1 Like

I’m really not sure they care or pay anyone to listen to community feedback and bug reports. I’ve also been reporting over a year, why I won’t buy it past xbox pc game pass trial, still a ‘beta’ game

:wave: Thank you using the Bug section, using templates provided will greatly help the team reproducing the issue and ease the process of fixing it.

Are you using Developer Mode or made changes in it?

nope

Brief description of the issue:

menu bar and panels dont show up after loading a saved FLT from XBOX cloud storage. Local pc FLT file loads work as expected.

Provide Screenshot(s)/video(s) of the issue encountered:

Detailed steps to reproduce the issue encountered:

cleared all my saved flight plans out of my save directory, and went to create a new “cold & dark” flight at my home base. Upon creating a flight from the world view, menu bar and menus are available.

Saved the flight to XBOX cloud storage, and reloaded from the world view, of my saved flight.

flight loads, but no menu bar when I hover mouse up on top of the screen or hit key combos for atc panel.

PC specs and/or peripheral set up if relevant:

Build Version # when you first started experiencing this issue:

:loudspeaker: For anyone who wants to contribute on this issue, Click on the button below to use this template:

Do you have the same issue if you follow the OP’s steps to reproduce it?

Provide extra information to complete the original description of the issue:

If relevant, provide additional screenshots/video:

Yes of Pc and Xbox

unable to load save and use menu as not ATC, check list menu art all if dose load save.flt

Yes

Experiencing this on Series X after loading a saved flght (.flt). Have tried saving before taking off and after.

I also have this error, the worst is that it is impossible to play it because of this error I bought an Xbox X series especially to play flight simulator and here something like that should do something about it, release some updates as soon as possible