Low bandwidth Message - Connection Lost - Switched Offline

It’s a winner. Thankyou

I live in Portugal and was on the phone to a friend in England, helping him sort his graphic settings yesterday evening, we were both flying independently, and both received identical messages about low bandwidth at exactly the same time, and then connection restored messages at exactly the same time. This would indicate a problem with the servers rather than our own equipment.

1 Like

why you repeat the already described solution ? :relaxed:

These hosts file is in normal-case for 99.99999% of the users Empty ( means with some defaults which commented ).

Thus, very simple for users: remove the hosts file and restart. Then windows created the default by itself.

1 Like

So it’s been a year…I really hoped we’d at least get the menu option to ignore popups automatically or make it so that this popup doesn’t pause flights.

It’s still a long-haul flight killer, considering if you have any small hiccup in connection it just pauses you in mid-air until you come back to your PC.

At 6 hours into a 14 hour flight I’m already invested, I don’t care if there are some small hiccups in texture streaming or photogrammetry. Please don’t ruin my flight so when I wake up, my plane’s been stuck in the same place for the past 5 hours.

6 Likes

may be its like in the trains, where the engine driver should not sleep and need to press each 30 seconds a pedal, otherwise the train stops… the passengers are happy about such a safity feataure , the engine driver may be not :wink:

Same here. No message though. Just horrible looking scenery that stops loading.

1 Like

getting this alot today, please sort out your servers Asobo

3 Likes

I had this too today, view minutes ago and i have not installed this mod…never

1 Like

Experiencing horrible lags as well and continuously receiving the lost connection error message. The SIM is also constantly stuttering which I hadn’t been receiving before the world update yesterday. The servers must be overloaded.

4 Likes

@UBfan What is this ?? You are sleepig when you fly ???

Further to my previous topic, I was again on the telephone to a friend in the UK and we both received a low bandwidth message and then a reconnect message almost simultaneously. He is 1000 miles away on a fast fibre broadband system and I am on a Portuguese system that sends the WiFi from the nearest 4g mast, and is significantly slower. That’s the third time we have both been disconnected and then reconnected simultaneously. It made no difference to the flight or the scenery, so why does the Sim have to make such a big deal and flash up such an obtrusive message. Its not as if we can do anything about it. These messages should be small and discrete. Better still these small disconnects should not happen or there should be some resilience in the system to allow for short disconnects.

6 Likes

it’s still happening to me in SU10 too, only it doesn’t pause the game but in VR at least the plane keeps flying and locks out my controls until I click the ok button. this has caused me to crash my plane on landing more than once. I can’t even click on active pause when it happens, i just have to be quick to click ok. Why can’t it just say “disconnected” with a small notice or something in the same way that it says “successfully connected.” disconnecting for 5 seconds shouldn’t require the user to click on anything it’s just annoying.

1 Like

Last night (US East) the servers were constantly kicking me off by displaying that “low-bandwidth and going offline” message despite having no issues with my internet whatsoever…it paused my flight so many times. Super annoying. In the end the flight sim just gave up and crashed to desktop. :person_shrugging: Another long haul gone to waste.

2 Likes

I just got this connection lost issue again today (US WEST).

MS/Asobo should follow up this issue because this is continuing and so annoying… :frowning:

2 Likes

No message today but, last night I was running 35 fps, today all it will do is 15 at best on a 3060ti. So I opened up resource monitor, highlighted MSFS, and then ran pingplotter against the address (2 with the most bandwidth usage) in it. As usual what I found was when it hit msnet (which is the net most of the traffic was running through) is that 1 machine on msnet was blowing 50% packet loss, and then in just two more hops, another msnet machine is blowing 70% packet loss.

Rebooted everything, and it still doing it, and the sim is still running low FPS. This is really getting to be old real fast.

been getting this nonstop all week so much it’s unplayable online - twitch stream shows no hiccups at 6mbit up, speed to west/east still fast enough 600/40mbit from TX. dns is 15ms. play/xbox service status pages never say anything. happening on all game servers. taskman showing msfs not even trying to stream from bing (usage below .3mbit). last thread got shut down by a mod even though the issue hadn’t gone away.

also i’ve enever used google maps for msfs. only hosts file entries are for local vms on class c.

1 Like

Same here. Getting connection lost and reconnected a lot. Its messing with my scenery bad.

1 Like

Once again, still having problems as others mentioned, followed by a CTD - not had an issue for ages until after today’s navdata update. Constant connection issues every flight.

1 Like

At least it would be nice to still have controll of the airplane when the window pop up, because it becomes even more anoying when it makes you dive towards the ground until you reach the mouse to say “OK, just shut up and let me fly!” :frowning:

2 Likes

Can we please get rid of that sh** popup window blocking my controls?!?!!

I am so sick of crashing just because I cannot steer anymore