Malawi Project v3 (We Have Hippos !) 25% more of EVERYTHING ! (50 airstrips, 50 Animal POIs and more..) (Freeware)

WE HAVE HIPPOS – The Malawi Project

Get immersed in Malawi !

If you enjoy immersive Bushflying in Africa in interesting terrain and maybe even animal spotting, this can be the right addon for you.

NOTAM 1: Please install the MSFS World Updates, as this addon needs scenery from there.

NOTAM 2: Please delete all my former single airstrip sceneries from flightsim.to to not have double sceneries installed. Check the ‘included airstrips’ PDF to find out which airstrips those might be.

What this Addon adds to Malawi in MSFS :
this is just ONE FOLDER to install to your community folder.
WE HAVE HIPPOS – The Malawi Project

Get immersed in Malawi !

If you enjoy immersive Bushflying in Africa in interesting terrain and maybe even animal spotting, this can be the right addon for you.

NOTAM 1: Please install the MSFS World Updates, as this addon needs scenery from there.

NOTAM 2: Please delete all my former single aistrip sceneries to not have double sceneries installed. Check the ‘included airstrips’ PDF to find out which airstrips those might be.

What this Addon adds to Malawi in MSFS :

50 airstrips in Malawi and neighbour countries

All airstrips have a possibility to start dark & cold
All airstrips have small cargo waiting to be taken onboard your bushplane
20 airstrips have passengers or tourists waiting to be taken on a flight or photo Safari
15 airstrips have a nearby starting spot for water aircraft (Dock Parking Position)

Boats and ships (static & moving) are placed on the Lake Malawi and in harbours.

Free roaming elephant herds can be found in Liwonde National Park, Majete National Park, Nkhota
Khota Wildlife Reserve and Kasungu National Park.
They wander about in quite a large perimeter, so you will need to fly low and slow and look patiently in
those four areas.
The static eephant POIs are in those four areas as well, in case you are unsure about the location of the
areas.

4 wandering elephant herds with POI
8 static Elephant herds with POI can be found.
21 Hippo herds with POI can be found
1 Giraffe herd with POI can be found
2 Rhino herds with POI can be found
7 Flamingo flocks with POI can be found (really hard to see in MSFS though, when you’re not extremely close)
Flying Flamingo & Goose & Seagull flocks (hard to see in MSFS)

3 Landing Challenges
1 Discovery Flight
4 Safari Flightplans as PLN
9 Short Flightplans as PLN

This Addon is very light on the download side, as all used objects are already included by Microsoft and Asobo with your MSFS installation (please install the free World Updates).
This addon wants to give you a more immersive and enjoyable flight time in the beautiful country of Malawi. This is not an 100% correct airport design addon like you can find for huge international airports. Autogen scenery was sometimes left in place, only enhanced and a lot of scenery objects were added to it.

This Addon is very light on the download side, as all used objects are already included by Microsoft and Asobo with your MSFS installation (please install the free World Updates).
This addon wants to give you a more immersive and enjoyable flight time in the beautiful country of Malawi. This is not an 100% correct airport design addon like you can find for huge international airports. Autogen scenery was sometimes left in place, only enhanced and a lot of scenery objects were added to it.

23 Likes

Saw this pop up in the Discord earlier today, will definitely give this a go, I love bush flying.

1 Like

Thank you and enjoy your flights :smiley:

Thank you for your great and dedicated work on this add on and your earlier ones. One of the great qualities of MSFS is that you literally have the world before you when choosing where to fly. Your work really underlines this and sheds some spotlight on an often overlooked region that gives all of us a reason to go there and explore this interesting place.
Thumps up!

2 Likes

thank you very much for your kind comment :slight_smile:

I’m really bad at the landing challenges myself, I hope somebody gets better results.
Sadly, those user Landing Challenges by design don’t generate an online ranking it seems.

What a great scenery package! I’ve only just begun exploring the area, but I already have to thank you for prompting me to visit a beautiful region a might have otherwise missed. All the hand-placed objects are a wonderful bonus.

2 Likes

This looks great! Can’t wait to call in on my round the world trip :slight_smile:

1 Like
5 Likes

Great scenery! Congrats!

Have you found a tutorial on hwo to add moving fauna to scene (not just static)? I haven’t found one and want to had life (geeses) to sceneries.

Thanks very much

1 Like

Check the world scripts category in the Library.
Some of them are ok for large mammals and I also had some success with Flamingos. Havent tried the geese out.

The Flamingos Scripts give you this for example

1 Like

Great. Nice example. I will check that.
Thanks a lot

1 Like

A fantastic update to an already excellent scenery pack. I haven’t explored all of the new content, but the addition of moving boats and animals adds some great “life” to the world. Flying around this beautiful place with the Goose, together with the excellently placed custom scenery is a real joy.

2 Likes

thank you very much for your kind words, much appreciated.
Have a nice day and enjoy your flights :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I have received a couple of donations via flightsim.to, I have myself made a donation of 50 USD to the Africanparks Organsiation, as they manage some of the National Parks of Malawi to help preserve the wildlife there.

(I’ll also by myself an aicraft for MSFS from the rest)

5 Likes

To begin with, thank you for making another great Africa addon!

I only did the first short flight so far, in the C152, low and slow, but in the morning mist the landscape just looked gorgeous. In VR (Reverb 1) btw.

What I didn’t find on my way were any hippos or actually any animals at all. Should I have seen any on this tour?

Thank you for your comment :slight_smile:

The Short flights are not intended to visit the Fauna POIs, just for getting to know the area.

The addon gives you 40 Fauna POIs for static animal locations in Malawi (Hippos, Elephants, Rhinos and Giraffes…).

You can see the POIs on your world map if activated in the Filters. And in flight, if you activate Fauna POIs in the POI assistance options, you can see them from a few miles away.

Or do a Safari flight which takes you to some of those static Fauna POIs.

The free roaming elephants in the National Parks however are wandering about. There are hundreds of them but the National Park areas are huge and full of trees, so it will not be a quick find. Same with the Flying Flamingos, you will have to get a little bit lucky.

However though, the static Fauna POIs are easy to be found via the World Map and if you activate them in the options.

3 Likes

Just found some hippos.

That’s a very fine addon, I like the concept as well as the great landscape. Thank you. Little donation sent.

3 Likes

thanks a bunch, much appreciated !
Glad you enjoy it :slight_smile:

Using the free Survivor Bigfoot Car from SWS for some Elephant Safari in Malawi.

5 Likes