Massive FPS drop because of SU9

eeeehm

can you be kind point me exactly to what exact place I need to look? :wink:

On other side Iā€™m on Full HD only resolution.

1 Like

Graphics Settings - Volumetric Clouds

Point being that if theyā€™re Ultra and you donā€™t have a 3080ti or 3090 drop them down to High. I can barely tell the difference (unless Iā€™m really looking hard) but the game will run a lot better.

1 Like

HIGHā€¦

I have I7 8700 4.5GHz GFX1070Ti and 32GB DDR4 2666 so quite weak HW but Iā€™m satisfied now with sim.

1 Like

Then you have with your settings all of LOW

Hello,

no, all to HIGH. Only Glass cockpit refresh and Off Screen Terrain pre cache I have set to MEDIUM.

If there was a problem with the update, everyone would have problems. Everything works for me. Got a lot of addons and everything works great.

Server performance affects Mainthread? How? Any source on this?

Sounnds like speculation to be honest. Why would server performance directly impact how quickly your CPU crunches numbers?

Canā€™t report any performance degradation in VR, perhaps minimally (2fps?). And frames seem to have become more consistent, I have less stutters. Now and again I still get stuttery phases randomly for a few seconds at a time, but all in all I feel itā€™s a significant improvement so far.

If it ran as smoothly as it now does 80% of the time, 100% of the time, that would actually be amazing.

No issues here since update, everything on ultra, sliders maxed. lots of addons, if anything seems smoother

2 Likes

The performance at major airports is definitely worse than before, I have given up flying airliners for the time being.

1 Like

ā€œIf there was a problem with the update, everyone would have problems.ā€

Incorrecto good buddy ā€¦

4 Likes

Big fps drop when I land at a large airport. Large airports show it very clearly.

Here after landing at Amsterdam Schiphol which is a bespoke PdL airport.

The same flight I did the day SU9 came out but I still was on SU8. With unlocked fps I had 46 fpsā€¦

Still using the same settings.

From what I have read people are advising to turn off PG cities for regions where you do not fly in + lowereing the LOD + using an empty Community folder

5 Likes

You are mainthread limited. So either turn down TLOD, turn down clouds (if they are on ultra), or turn down traffic sliders (AI aircraft, airport vehicle, airport worker density, road vehicle). Your GPU may not be loaded adequately/working hard enough, but Iā€™d need to see what it is. With 23GB Iā€™m guessing a 3090. If it is it needs to be worked accordingly without limiting mainthread.

I have also lost performance in connection with a lot of stuttering overall.
I also realised that every time the reflections start to flicker (Flickering reflections on windshields in cockpit view) my FPS drop to roughly 9 for a short moment. Maybe there is a connection between the flickering and the overall loss of performance.

Edit: As it has been recommended a lot of times, I might add, that changing settings does not resolve the issues.

5 Likes

That is not the case. After multiple tests it seems to be one or more flightsim.to Addons based on Gā€¦gle objectsā€¦.

Really weird the differences in SU 9 results.
PC
5800x
64 gig ram
Everything on C drive (no SSD)
No Bluetooth or wireless peripherals
Ethernet connection
No flickering or decrease in performance and from hitting the button to main menu under 2 minutes.
Havenā€™t changed any settings - mostly high to ultra.
Half a dozen add ons (FBW dev Gatwick and a few liveries)
I know ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  all about coding etc, and I have to say thank god I donā€™t!

1 Like

Indeed.

I have had an interesting experience today.
Iā€™m visiting an office of the company I work for. In the demo room some colleagues had decided to change up one of the demo systems from a racing game to FS2020 (for fun)

There will eventually be better hardware but for testing they had just grabbed a regular business workstation that was sitting around and some flight sim peripherals that belonged to one of them.

I had a go. The performance was ok. Just a regular Cessna flight in Austria, default settings, 1080p nothing tweaked at this point. Probably somewhere in the region of 30fps. Smooth enough. No stutters.

The PC is nothing special. Probably not terrible (an older cad design workstation so fairly well equipped with memory and possibly a decent but not cutting edge CPU)ā€¦and a gtx 1060!!!

The performance I was seeing was very good indeed for the hardware it was running on. A 1060!

The ONE major difference between this and probably every regular users system?

Enterprise grade fiber direct to the building and enterprise grade network kit inside.

Didnā€™t get enough chance to thoroughly test but did check some areas where Iā€™ve seen stutters on my own kit. No stutters. I donā€™t have enough data to draw conclusions but my gut instinct is screaming ā€œserver connection is critical to performance in this titleā€

4 Likes

Massive frame drop here as well. We are talking drops to 2 - 5 fps. This is with old community folder removed or in place. Not sure this is all the game yet but itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve experience anything this bad and Iā€™ve been playing since early beta. Going to check for driver updates etc. and do a bit more troubleshooting. Hopefully I can get this figured out because the game is pretty much unplayable on my machine right now.

5 Likes

Glad itā€™s not just me, I thought something was off when I saw FPS below 60 in a landing challenge, itā€™s normally around 70.

I have a i7-9700KF and RTX 3080. 4k, mixture of high/ultra, 80% render scale.

Conspiracy theorists might say itā€™s to create a market for the forthcoming 4000 series GPUsā€¦ :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

I have the same issue. If I do the deletion of the 7 photogrammetry entries in Content Manager I get all my frames back. Very weird. See the comparison pictures.

7 Likes