New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

Where can I ask FS 2021 questions?

Thank you

Welcome I highly recommend using the icon a5 to learn on the most itā€™s a really fun easy simple plane

1 Like

First of all welcome to MSFS.
I think youtube will become your best friend the comming weeks/months. There are also a lot of great twitch streamers. Even MSFS has its own twitchchannel Twitch, with nice tutorial flights.
For setups, in depth questions or even sharing your first flightsā€¦ well thats where this forum comes in.
there will be a steep learning curve and dont be afraid to make mistakes, ask questions or sent a DM to me or the other co-pilots Our Co-pilots (Welcome Crew) - Student Pilots / Basic Gameplay Help - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums for extra help.
Take care and maybe untill soon in the virtual skies!

2 Likes

Hi all, have clocked up some hours in a single engine whilst going for my PPL, unfortunately due to a medical had to stop, fast forward several years and having just had op Iā€™m now in recovery for 12 weeks and someone introduced me to FS on the Xbox, figured Iā€™ve got some time on my hands so have decided to give it a blast. Looks pretty impressive on the console.

5 Likes

I have owned 7 different airplanes and now I am a complete beginner in flight simulation. I just completed Next Level Racing FT GT cockpipit. I have a XBOX X console with MS FS 2020 downloaded. I also have the T.Flight HOTAS One and TFRP rudder pedals. So now wish that I knew about this forum before jumping with both feet!

5 Likes

Hi, you can call me: Keithv708
I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: PC
I want to try flight simulation because: I find them fun and a can do something I wouldnā€™t be able to do normally.
Iā€™m most interested in learning about pretty much everything in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

4 Likes

Welcome everyone!

Feel free to send a message to us Co-pilots using the @Copilot tag if you have any questions about the sim, or aviation concepts/procedures in general.

Happy flying! :airplane:

1 Like

Hi Iā€™m Bill I have my pilots license and mess with Sims a little bit. Just got FS 2021.

4 Likes

Here looking for landing configurations for various light aircraft.

Many in my family have worked in the aircraft industry in one capacity or another including me (food services). Grandfather was a pilot so flying was the norm for me from an early age.

6 Likes

New to Xbox series S, simmed on pc years ago MS flight X I think. Had private licence haha. Iā€™m UK based nearest big airport is LPL, but woodvale is probably nearest airfield

4 Likes

Hi, Iā€™m Joe, new to rc planes during the pandemic and hoping to learn to fly for real eventually and at the moment trying to get used to some of it here. I also have a dumb issue Iā€™m completely confused about with the second to last training flight for landing, with the downwind leg. Basically the starting conditions arenā€™t what the instructor says so I canā€™t get more than a B. It says youā€™re starting at 6000 feet but the altimeter just quickly spools up from 5000 to something like 5600 or so. If I try to climb I overshoot and/or canā€™t keep the 80kts, and with the start thatā€™s off, of course I donā€™t quite hit the checkpoints right for the rest of the landing. I also donā€™t really have a good sense of what to set the throttle on my joystick (Thrustmaster T16000) to at the start. Thanks in advance for any advice!

4 Likes

Hi, you can call me: Wizard or Wiz
I want to try flight simulation because: I would love to get my Private pilot license one day and the sim is a great way to explore he world.
Iā€™m most interested in learning about piloting in Microsoft Flight Simulator:

3 Likes

Hi all - new to FS2020 on Xbox but I do have pilotā€™s license IRL. Or did!

I got it 30 years ago and havenā€™t sat left seat in a very long time! I learned in a Cessna 150 and currently having great fun working through the flight training sessions in a 152. Bringing it all back!

Question for you experienced simmers - what do you know now that you wish youā€™d known when you started?

2 Likes

Hi Joe,

Welcome to the forums!
Iā€™ve noticed the spooling altimeter too. That might be a bug, but I managed to get an ā€œAā€ by doing the following:

Assume youā€™re at the right altitude when youā€™re starting and just try to keep it level. The altimeter will eventually stop at 6000.

When you reach the first point l, turn left and then try to descend slowly to 5700ft. Here is when you can use the throttle to make the plane descend.

When you reach the turn to final you can ease up on the throttle even more and start your descent into the runway.

Hope this helps a bit. Iā€™ll see if the spooling altimeter is actually a bug.

If you need any more assistance, feel free to contact me or other @Copilot

Happy flying!

Hi, you can call me: PapaBen
I played FS on PC about 15+ years (?) ago [yes, we had computers back thenā€¦], was a member of Delta Virtual Airline and also did ATC on VATSIM. Retired about a year ago and want to get back into FS, virtual airlines, and maybe ATC (I think I learned more about flying in ATC training than I did anyother way!)
Thanks

2 Likes

Hi, I am shadoan from Germany and I yet have FS 2020 installed on my PC. I have played FS for years but ended with the FSX version also years ago. I like the biz jet travel, so hopefully there will be more of those jets in future.

2 Likes

Hello flying community, Iā€™m Ned. Iā€™m not entirely new to the world of flight simulation, but I have returned after a several year lay-off. However, I am completely new to this online community. For reference, my current platform is MSFS2020, and my nearest airport is London Gatwick (EGKK). Can I ask, under which forum sub-section do I post questions relating to airport issues, when preparing a flight plan?

1 Like

Hey there! Justin here. Built my first PC just for this sim. I am a CRJ captain for a regional airline and still love flying MSFS. What a fantastic sim!

2 Likes

Hi Ned,

Welcome to the community :grin:!

If you have an issue or bug related to flight planning you can put it in the #bugs-and-issues section under the appropriate category.

If you have a question about it and need assistance from other simmers you can post it in the Student Pilots section.

New to the Forum and Need Help? Here's What to Ask!

Feel free to contact me or other @Copilot if you have any questions or need assistance. Weā€™re happy to help

Hello Iā€™m Parrott66,
I am new to the flight sim world.
Thoroughly enjoying it on the Series X.
Though still trying to configure the controller to my liking.
Being disabled I am limited to using a game pad, but have remapped it to mostly suit my needs.

See yā€™all up in the friendly skies.

4 Likes