New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

2 posts were split to a new topic: How do I release tow rope from glider?

ā€˜Any landing you can walk away from is a good landingā€™ - so they say.

1 Like

Hello wellmade. How are you doing learning MSFS?
Can I assist you? Howā€™s Glasgow?

Rich

1 Like

Hello Straw. Welcome to MSFS! Anyway I can assist you with the Sim? Add me to your friends list!

Rich

1 Like

Hi, Iā€™m playing MSFS 40th Anniversary edition on PC - MSI Gaming Laptop with 32 GB or RAM. I played MSFS version 1 way back probably in 1982. It was kind of like playing Pong. I have owned every version of MSFS since Version 3. Love this new version but I had to buy a new laptop to be able to run it. Iā€™m getting ready to get my Sports Pilot License and I want to buy a Progressive Aerodyne Searey or an Air Adventure Aventure amphibian since I live in Florida and we have lakes everywhere.

3 Likes

Hi, you can call me either StarJet2023 (my handle) or simply by may actual name, Destiny (Des). I did play with MIcrosoft flight simulator years ago on my PC but it has been a long time. A couple months ago, I signed up for a ground school course online. It brought me back to simulation.

In the past couple months, I purchased my first gamers computer and video game system (XBOX series X, a VR headset (Oculus Quest 2) and two simulators (Microsoft Flight Simulator 2000 40th anniversary edition and X-Plane version 12). So, Iā€™m new to a whole lot of things regarding gaming.

As for Microsoft, I am trying to build ā€˜an airplaneā€™ in my house it seems like. I hope to get it all to work together on my gamer computer. But it has been a challenge so far. I might have actually bit off too much to fast. But I really look forward to getting it all up and running so I can start to play.

I wanted to try flight simulation because I love to fly. My degree is in avionics and I have always dreamed of getting my private license. I canā€™t really afford that so I guess the simulator brings my dream to life (so to speak).

I current desktop system uses the following equipment:

A Meza Simulator Cockpit Panel, a Honeycomb Alpha Flight Simulator Yoke and Bravo Throttle Quadrant, two Logitech Flight Radio Panels, a Logitech Flight Switch Panel, a Logitech Flight Multi Panel, five Logitech Flight Instrument Panels and the Logitech (Saitek) Flight Simulator Rudder Pedals.

It has been a struggle making it all work together or even getting MSFS to recognize everything. But I found another app callled SPADneXt that is used as an interface between all the controls and Microsoft Flight Simulator (or my X-plane) so that is looking promissing. So far it has been a journey.

Note: I keep finding errors so edited my post again on 3/14/2023 to make spelling and grammar corrections mostly.

9 Likes

Sorry, done something wrong

Hi guys, You can call me Sal :slight_smile:

I used to love the older MSFS, but have been a console gamer for the last few years.
Just built myself a new gaming PC and the first ā€œgameā€ I wanted to get was MSFS, and now Iā€™m just starting to take it for a spin and its very daunting !
Iā€™m not a trained aviator, but Iā€™ve always loved flying and the realism of 2020 is what drew me back to it.
At this stage I am using my newly purchased Saitek/Logitech X56 HOTAS Stick/Throttle, but I am starting to think a Yoke might be better for learning FX and keep the X56 for the military ā€œTop Gunā€ type activities.

Some of you guys have some amazing cockpits set up and Iā€™m nowhere near that level - very impressive work !

Iā€™m in Melbourne, Australia and looking forward to having a few trips around Tullamarine airport.

7 Likes

Hey there, Iā€™m Sy. I just very recently got into MSFS on PC. I am absolutely intrigued and super stoked about flight simulation. I consider myself a novice in flight sim, I have lots to learn and I take advice really well as Iā€™m always open to it. With that said, thank you for letting me be a part of this, I really appreciate it.

6 Likes

MODERATOR EDIT:
hello to all, Iā€™m olivier I live in France and I practice flight simulator since FSX I created videos on my youtube channel and I took a 10-year break before discovering MSFS 2020. Iā€™m on XBOX console SERIES S and I also create voids. I hope I can show you some video. Good day

bonjour a tous,
je suis olivier jā€™habite en France et je pratique flight simulator depuis FSX jā€™ai crĆ©e des vidĆ©o sur ma chaine youtube et jā€™ai effectue une pause de 10 ans avant de dĆ©couvrir MSFS 2020.Je suis sur console XBOX SERIES S et je crĆ©e aussi des vide. Jā€™espĆØre pouvoir vous prĆ©sentez certaine vidĆ©o.

Bonne journƩe

3 Likes

SofaJockey lol what a great tagname lol

Oz, ok, thought you might be ā€œSalā€ from the Impractical Jokers lol

Hi, Iā€™m Karl, a new Xbox Series X flight simmer (although Iā€™ve been simming since the early 1990s, starting with MSFS 4!). Iā€™m really confused about this forum, I signed up to get some help but it says I canā€™t post as Iā€™m new?

3 Likes

Welcome @JakTrax78 .

There is a Trust Level on these forums. The more your Trust Level increases, the more you can do.
Itā€™s not hard to do. Trust Levels and How To Advance

Happy flying. :cowboy_hat_face:

3 Likes

Hi all,

I am playing MSFS on PC
I have always liked flying aircraft, especially helicopters, so when I heard this sim had helicopters in I purchased it!

I am most interested in trying to get this ā– ā– ā– ā–  sim to run without crashing every other session! But I still cannot post a new topic yet so I am replying here to try and get this magic power.

2 Likes

Hello @LaurenceGough,
Welcome! You should be able to create a new topic now.

3 Likes

**Hi, you can call me: JUMANJI
**I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: PC
**I want to try flight simulation because: I love flying airplane, i am doing in real life. My dream to be a commercial pilot. I have finish my pilot school and i am looking for a job, so for the moment i want to fly with Flight sim until i go back into the sky :slight_smile:
Iā€™m most interested in learning about how to use the different features, and after to increase my technical level of how the sim works which will allow me to use and enjoy correct add on (PMDG 737 or A320 of Fenix for example) in Microsoft Flight Simulator:

If you want to share your knowledge i will real appreciate, but i need to precise that i am french. So i speak english with a ā€œbaguette styleā€ accent, i am sure that you will be able to manage it to understand me :wink:

Cheers :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m Daniel, actually living in Switzerland, but not for long time anymore. I played my first Flight Simulator 40 years ago, and itā€™s still my all time favorite. Iā€™m new on the forum to know more Flight Sim fans, maybe flying with you, just finished a world tour 60 days with a Kodiak 100, it was a wonderful adventure. I will be glad to know more pilots here.

4 Likes

MODERATOR EDIT:
Hello everyone!
I am an aviation enthusiast since childhood, I play MFS 2020 on pc,
So I come here to collect information, techniques, tutorials etc ā€¦
I hope you will welcome me
Thanks in advance

Bonjour Ć  toutes et Ć  tous !
Je suis un mordu dā€™aviation depuis petit, je joue Ć  MFS 2020 sur pc,
du coup je viens ici pour recueillir des infos, des techniques, des tutos etcā€¦
Jā€™espĆØre que vous voudrez bien mā€™accueillir
Merci dā€™avance
:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Welcome here @Pierrafeux ! :slight_smile: