New Simmers: Introduce Yourself!

Hey yall - been using msfs since ohhh probaly the 1st edition came out in 82. No really, i did.
Stood in line at the mall outside of a “Babbages” software store to get my copy. Its come a LOOOONG way. Now I love to fly on both the PC and in VR…whats next?

5 Likes

I have a load of bugs with this game that I have documented and need to report. However, this forum is impossible to navigate. How do I create new topics so I can report the bugs I am facing?

Hello there, Sorry to hear you are having so many issues. Welcome to the forums, there is a thread for bug reports, but depending on what it is there are likely already threds or solutions, check out this forum section:

Hello @CMagnuson,
Welcome to the MSFS forums!

The forums use a Trust Level (TL) system, which grants more abilities as you participate. As a new forum user, you will start at Trust Level 0 (New Member). This means you won’t be able to open a new topic until Trust Level 1 (Member) this measure is in place to prevent things such as spam.

Check out the following topics for more information:

If you need further help finding your way around, feel free to check out the #msfs:forum-guides category. This contains some handy how-to guides and tips on getting started.

I have advanced your Trust Level so you are able to report. You should be able to post new topics in any category now, which isn’t restricted or top level. You should see a button saying “New Topic” at the top.

The Bug Reporting Hub section is also linked in the reply above.

When creating a new report, please make sure to use the search function to look for existing topics which may already cover your issue/s. You can use the search system by clicking on the magnifying glass on the top navbar. You can make use of the advanced search system by clicking the options link in the search box. If you find an existing topic you can open that topic to leave feedback, or vote for the topic. If you can’t find one, you may create a new topic. It’s also important to fill out the given template with the required information.

We also have a dedicated #gd-commsupport section for seeking community assistance you may wish to check out:

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS as well as assistance with liveries.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
    is where you ask for help with flying.
  • Tech Talk
    is where you discuss installation, graphics, drivers, performance, CTDs, peripherals, and hardware.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.

If you need any further assistance, feel free to reach out to @moderators via direct message. You can also find the group here Moderators and click “Message”.

We try to keep this topic for community introductions.

3 Likes

3 posts were split to a new topic: Sim Crashing on Loading Screen

Hi,
My name is Slawosz and I am a casual simmer. Here and there I play MSFS. In real life, I am a trainee glider pilot. I am looking into cockpit and steering devices building using 3D printer - so far I have built one joystick for my glider cockpit prototype.

9 Likes

Welcome @gliderpilot9108 :smile:

Hello, I’m Brody. Came here to join the community but mostly because I need help with a problem I’m having…were can I ask something like that?

2 Likes

Hi @TriaxialPrism4,

Welcome to the MSFS forums!

If you wish to seek assistance from the community, the best place would be to post in a relevant subcategory of #gd-commsupport :

• Aircraft
    is where you discuss current or future planes coming to MSFS as well as assistance with liveries.
  • World
    is where you discuss scenery, airports, and weather.
  • Aviate, Navigate, Communicate
    is where you ask for help with flying.
  • Tech Talk
    is where you discuss installation, graphics, drivers, performance, CTDs, peripherals, and hardware.
  • Menus & Activities
    is where you discuss activities (landing challenges, bush trips, etc), plus anything accessed by the menus including the Marketplace, settings, logbook, cameras, etc.

I have raised your Trust Level so you can create a new topic for assistance.

2 Likes

Hi, you can call me ChippyChickin
I am playing MSFS on PC. I recently got the Logitech x56 HOTAS originally for Star Citizen but I started playing MSFS and got addicted.
I want to try flight simulation because I love learning new things and simulator games are my favorite.
The only thing is I have trouble with landing. I can land just fine but I cant figure out how to brake on time with the x56 and I dont want to have to change any controls. It says button 5 on the back on the throttle but I dont think it does anything. Any ideas? Also add me on steam and lets play! My steam id is 76561198080376353

2 Likes

Hello Brodi
I can assist you. Add me if you like. I’m on XBox X.
Gloomylake935

1 Like

Hello, my name is Chris.

I did not play Flight Simulator for quite a long time, but winter is coming and I feel like playing it again. I’ve started about 2 years ago and I never fly anything except GA planes. Of course, for fun I’ve tried even the big ones and some activities, but in general I prefer to simulate the real experience. I have also watched twitch flying lessons, it’s super good and I recommend it to anyone who is new to flying and is hungry for
knowledge.

I’ve decided to register on the forum here, so I can put my vote for historical weather, as this is a feature I’m really looking forward.

Cheers!

6 Likes

Welcome to the forums Chris! Happy you are here :blush:

If you have any questions with the simulator don’t hesitate to ask in General Discussion & Community Support. We are all here to help!

I like GA planes too however I mainly fly airliners. GA planes though are very relaxing to fly after a long day!

2 Likes

Hello InJourney
Welcome to MSFS 2020
I fly some Ga. But mostly the a320 Airbus. Flying around the world, at the moment in Cairo!
Able to assist you with setting up a Flt computer in the a320 if you like.

Rich

1 Like

Hi, you can call me: Rik
I am playing Microsoft Flight Simulator on: PC
I want to try flight simulation because: I love airplanes and everything around planes like ATC and vehicles like the pushback-truck.
I’m most interested in learning about knowing the controls in Microsoft Flight Simulator.

7 Likes

Welcome welcome! Glad you have joined our family :blush:

2 Likes

Hi all!, y’all can call me Zen:)
I play Microsoft flight simulator on PC
I wanna try flight simulation because im an airplane enthusiast and i would like to learn how to fly an aircraft (starting up,atc instructions etc)
Im interested in how the flight characteristics of the aircraft work in mfs 2020 since im a new player migrated from mobile flight sim.

7 Likes

Welcome welcome Zen! Happy you are now a part of the flight simulation family :slight_smile:

Highly recommend the training tutorials in the simulator if you are just starting out, great way to learn how to fly an airplane.

If you have any questions feel free to ask in General Discussion & Community Support :slight_smile:

Happy flying!

2 Likes

Serotta3 here.
Playing on a Xbox X. Played MS Combat FS many years ago

Casual flying. Mostly navigating using in plane maps and Google Maps on an IPad.

Flying Cirrus SR 22 and TBM 930 with all aids off.

5 Likes

Welcome welcome welcome!

Those are the GA planes I fly as well! Can’t wait for the SR22 improvements in the next Sim Update.

If you have any questions feel free to ask in #gd-commsupport :slight_smile: we are here to help!

See you in the skies! :airplane:

1 Like