News for SU15

so where is this famous su15? delivered? delayed?

7 Likes

I hope its released Without delay

3 Likes

Saw on You Tube from a sim 15 beta user that it may not release tomorrow. Apparently problems with Xbox side still. Will have to wait and see!!

ms is a big company with processes and procedures. they need to package everything some time in advance.
if they delay again it should be known latest by yesterday imho

3 Likes

PC users. Do not forget to full backup your system.

3 Likes

What? Why?

2 Likes

It usually drops around16-17z

yes yes dream a lot

1 Like

No need for backup from me. I’ve been holding on installing a fresh MSFS until SU15 came out.

Never have had needed to make a back up before any update.

13 Likes

These updates happen in the evening I think it is usually aimed for like 18:00 UTC.

They said a new beta build would be available to fix WASM…

So expect a new beta build and not the oficial release…

2 Likes

It doesn’t matter. SU’s are mandatory. So you restore a backup, launch the sim, and get the update - again. This is exactly why SU’s should be optional for at least a month after release. But that will never happen.

2 Likes

I think he meant to backup the Community folder. There have been times where the sim decided it was a good idea to nuke the community folder without warning.

3 Likes

I really doubt it honestly. I suspect user error. But even so, there is no need to back anything up. You can just rename it to Community123 (or whatever) temporarily.

3 Likes

There is no user error in this specific scenario. We advise users to rename/backup their Community folder when installing a new update as per our Zendesk article here: How to install a new update safely – Microsoft Flight Simulator Support (zendesk.com)

3 Likes

I didn’t think 15 was ready yet? It’s going to be a long haul update so I’m in no rush for an arbitrary deadline for the sake of being a deadline.

They delayed the update 2 times so far, I really don’t want a third :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

So nobody knows yet? If it’s releasing today?

it will most likely be delayed again to fix the xbox wasm issues, but who knows :man_shrugging:

1 Like