Night lighting looks incredible

WU6 just dropped. I’ve got an XBox S and a fairly standard TV and I keep reading that night lighting is somehow screwed up (floating lights I think).
Before it gets ‘fixed’, I just want to say that I love the way there are so many different sizes and colors and patterns of lights to be seen in the photogrammetric cities. The lights twinkle just the right amount and the brightness seems good to me. I like the way the runway lights are only visible on beam. The runway lights are slightly too bright I think but Im fine with that.
The sim looks incredible at night to me.

7 Likes

Really nice here…

2 Likes

Asobo told to set render scale on 100% if u have the issue

2 Likes

I’ve seen clusters of red lights that don’t look real.

1 Like

Lighting in the sim looks great for the most part below 4-5k feet. Anything higher turns into a cheap-looking blur. The higher you go, the sillier things look too.

1 Like

“The higher you go the sillier things look”
That’s a clear sign you didn’t turn on the pressurization!
:grin::grin::grin:

19 Likes

hahahaha made me laugh!

it’s not SU:6 that just dropped, but rather WU:6, fyi.

2 Likes

I agree with the OP @mbraortns , night lightning looks incredible during approaches, look at Taipei, no phogrammetry.
Remember this is an AI covering the whole world, it is not intended to be a GTA where you can walk in the streets.

9 Likes

Were they out at sea? If so, then it maybe off-shore wind farms (I was puzzled initially)

1 Like

Have you ever seen an real city from above in the night? Just to give you a comparison.

2 Likes

I can see the holiday postcard but where’s the picture of Taipei?

You guys probably never seen the night lights from a city from above, how can you say it looks great when it doesn’t ?
It does look average as best.

I’ve been waiting for months to get those night lighting improvements and fixes that Seb mentioned.
I hope they actually do something with SU6/7 (btw which was originally planned for SU4 but they kept moving it)

3 Likes

Yes, of course I’ve seen cities from the air at night in real life. I’ve also seen what the previous sims offered. Thats why I say the lighting in MSFS is incredible.

4 Likes

@mbraortns
Are these Xbox S screenshots? If they are, they are showing the same flaws that are actively discussed since Oct. 2020 unfortunately. Without any anterior comparison it is most likely harder to see these though.

There are some good examples in the dedicated topic, with lots of screenshots, technical data, analysis you might like to read. Since it is long topic spanning a long time, I’ve tried to mark some key “chapters” in order to help navigating:

6 Likes

Here? You have to pay for this though

i can add only one thing, if you use conservative black mod like srgb, for prevent to black become gray, screw it in this game, and use more bright mod for monitor, i found one interesting stuff, if you use monitor mod with more bright colors, you got real way night light pollution, what very weak with black mods, yes you lost black sky, but in real life when starring clear it’s ok, well this is compromise but, it’s look very nice, sure this is not for every monitors, but you have to try this, if you see the night too dark, may be that’s was before, but only now i notice how bright mod(in my case game mod) create light pollution. in p3d fsx this stuff made guys with hungary scenery(light fog above night urban earth)

I don’t care for as long as I can walk up to an A320neo, knock on the cockpit, pull the pilots out and throw them onto the runway and steal their airplane. GTA style.

:wink:

xD well, I am sure more than one would open a thread requesting that

Or a real thunderstorm…

1 Like