Official Discussion: December 16th, 2021 Development Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

[BLOG] December 16th, 2021 Development Update - Community / News and Announcements - Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

it is the hotfix coming before the christmas break or the team it is on holidays already?

18 Likes

I don’t think it will be published before Christmas. Today Update doesn’t contain any point about it.
Anyway it contains almost nothing.

6 Likes

Business as usual in other words.

3 Likes

Well a couple things are marked “Fixed” in “SU7 Update”

I think a more accurate status would be “Fixed in Beta” - at least until the update is released out of Beta

Would have been nice to have an ETA on when the “SU 7 Update” will be released.

10 Likes

BTW I still don’t see marketplace update on my Xbox :pensive:

Excellent summary of today Dev update I think.

5 Likes

I’ll never understand why the bug list is only 24 (mostly static) items. And don’t get me started on the useless “Known Issues” page. That corner of the website is almost never updated and doesn’t match up with reality in any meaningful way.

The only real positive takeaway I have from this update as an Xbox user is that increased live traffic is on track for SU8. Other than that, not much to look forward to because I literally cannot see if Asobo has even logged the bugs that I care about. The lack of transparency and communication is beyond disappointing.

15 Likes

half of my purchased planes and dlc aren’t showing up today the game is asking me to buy it all over again! Has anyone else had this same issue?

2 Likes

Yes, yes, yes.
I have same feeling from “support” of Microsoft/Asobo.
With SU7 they broke what we payed for and still didn’t pushed any hotfix or even development update.
They are silent and not transparent.

8 Likes

Purchased Toronto night package and download failed

At this rate I’m sure we’ll see the Arrows appear on Xbox around early 2023, alongside a fix for the DC-6.

1 Like

There is a public test for the next update currently on-going. You are welcome to opt-in, install the new build, and participate if you wish. We have published all the details about what is being fixed in this update in the Pre-Release Testing section of the forums (link below). We also mentioned the Pre-Release test in the last two weekly Dev Updates.

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/c/decupdateflight/295

3 Likes

can you help the community understand how bugs get through the standard SDLC and appear when updates are released to the public?

1 Like

Hi seedy can you help me I have the following nolanes removed from my library that I have had for a long time and now the game is asking me to purchase all over again… the planes missing are

A-10 THUNDERBOLT
SUKHOI SU-57 FELLON
BEDE BD-5J
EUROFIGHTER TYPHOON
F-14 TOMCAT
also missing the complete full Reno air races collection of planes?

2 Likes

WTH happened? Lost access to purchased content. Purchased through steam on launch, have sank in hundreds. Have tried logging in and out of steam, xbox live, restarting my computer and checking file integrity through steam (which I knew wasnt the issue, but why the hell not…)

Done with this till its fixed, no more of my money for Microsoft.

2 Likes

Heads up the dream scenery is not downloading. I purchased the Toronto package and the download failed and is asking me to buy it again. Not happy about it at all after they took my money

No problem download it and try.
But when will be hotfix published?
I don’t want download 140GB again within the one week to have official build.

Thanks

We have not announced a release date for the next update.