Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

As stated in the release notes, there is no ingame download.
I had the exact same MB numbers on steam as you had and offcourse no ingame data to download.

For me it reduced the very long ingame freees (>20sec), but there are still minor stutters (now a bit more irritating since they now also let the sound stutter).
So for me there was an improvement.

Blurred and unsharp textures in the distant unfortunatly still exist (although I have the terrain LOD on 5)

Everything works perfectly for me, as it always has.

Thanks, Asobo/MS!

12 Likes

The world is ending

3 Likes

As per some others here… my sim says there’s a mandatory update and I must do it via the store.
The store is not finding it and says I’m good to go.
I have rebooted the pc… restarted the store… logged out & back into the store… pressed get updates a dozen times… nothing.
It did download two or three app updates first time o pressed it, but nothing for MSFS. Says I’m good to go.
But… when I try to launch the sim… a mandatory update is available.

Just been logged out of this forum while typing this. I wonder if they are doing something with the servers and that’s why the update isn’t showing?

Regards
Steve

6 Likes

Sadly, I still have photogrammetry melt and loading/popping, but that will be WU6 apparently. The cockpit looks much better again as do the clouds!

2 Likes

Yes, and they said the ATC altimeter bug would be fixed this time, with “further improvements” in WU6. But it’s not fixed, it’s only a known issue. Also, they said it was not an exhaustive list so I was hoping to see (presumably easy) fixes for all the minor bugs, like the toolbar pin and the AI traffic lights.

2 Likes

4k ultra on a 3090 here - snap judgment is that things look good, but I’m getting much worse FPS than SU4.

GPU is really cooking, too.

1 Like

So I’m now running 10 fps lower than before the update. No settings have been changed. I was flying as the update dropped. REstarted the sim, and now this.

So much for the SU5 performance improvements. I’m back to where I was prior. :confused:

3 Likes

Anyone figured out how to force a MS Store update?

1 Like

SU5 HF2 is amazing. Thankyou for making the sim look even more pretty!. The high LOD at higher altitudes really do make it something! thankyou thankyou!

6 Likes

For me, everything looks exactly the same as 1.18.14.0

3 Likes

Maybe server overload who knows

1 Like

I agree that it used to work. Never said I didn’t. But things break all the time when adding or modifying code. Usually completely unexpectedly. To say you can’t believe “the smartest people in the world” keep breaking stuff is silly.

absolutely the same for me, no update in the store

2 Likes

Yes, this was always planned for WU 6 and not for this hotfix. So in a few weeks we will have the slider …

1 Like

Me too. Restarted and everything.

Looks like I might be wrong on my earlier comment on Prem Deluxe EGLL jetways, looks like some just have a jetway to a building thing but it’s still kinda odd that there’s no stairs to use there then. Performance still seems ok. Bit higher VRAM usage and lower FPS by a few at the freeware EGKK but I’m not sure I tested that after his latest update to it vs when SU5 first hit.

Overall I still seem to be getting a nice boost in heavy glass aircraft like the 787 on a 5950X with 2080 Super. Loading at EGLL with night and rain preset would have me in the low 30’s upper 20’s on medium refresh. Still getting upper 40’s to low 50’s since SU5 and after this hotfix

1 Like

One bug that I’m experiencing but haven’t seen people mentioning is that AI Radio Communications (ATC) isn’t working anymore regardless of turning it ON or OFF. Am I the only one with this? Not a bug that prevents flying but it does add the cockpit workload to do all the flying job plus managing radios.

It’s definitely not fixed. Over 1,000 ft difference. Such a let down. :frowning:

1 Like

Try toggling real time traffic off and then on again if you have it on