Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Sadly, I still have photogrammetry melt and loading/popping, but that will be WU6 apparently. The cockpit looks much better again as do the clouds!

2 Likes

Yes, and they said the ATC altimeter bug would be fixed this time, with ā€œfurther improvementsā€ in WU6. But itā€™s not fixed, itā€™s only a known issue. Also, they said it was not an exhaustive list so I was hoping to see (presumably easy) fixes for all the minor bugs, like the toolbar pin and the AI traffic lights.

2 Likes

4k ultra on a 3090 here - snap judgment is that things look good, but Iā€™m getting much worse FPS than SU4.

GPU is really cooking, too.

1 Like

So Iā€™m now running 10 fps lower than before the update. No settings have been changed. I was flying as the update dropped. REstarted the sim, and now this.

So much for the SU5 performance improvements. Iā€™m back to where I was prior. :confused:

3 Likes

Anyone figured out how to force a MS Store update?

1 Like

SU5 HF2 is amazing. Thankyou for making the sim look even more pretty!. The high LOD at higher altitudes really do make it something! thankyou thankyou!

6 Likes

For me, everything looks exactly the same as 1.18.14.0

3 Likes

Maybe server overload who knows

1 Like

I agree that it used to work. Never said I didnā€™t. But things break all the time when adding or modifying code. Usually completely unexpectedly. To say you canā€™t believe ā€œthe smartest people in the worldā€ keep breaking stuff is silly.

absolutely the same for me, no update in the store

2 Likes

Yes, this was always planned for WU 6 and not for this hotfix. So in a few weeks we will have the slider ā€¦

1 Like

Me too. Restarted and everything.

Looks like I might be wrong on my earlier comment on Prem Deluxe EGLL jetways, looks like some just have a jetway to a building thing but itā€™s still kinda odd that thereā€™s no stairs to use there then. Performance still seems ok. Bit higher VRAM usage and lower FPS by a few at the freeware EGKK but Iā€™m not sure I tested that after his latest update to it vs when SU5 first hit.

Overall I still seem to be getting a nice boost in heavy glass aircraft like the 787 on a 5950X with 2080 Super. Loading at EGLL with night and rain preset would have me in the low 30ā€™s upper 20ā€™s on medium refresh. Still getting upper 40ā€™s to low 50ā€™s since SU5 and after this hotfix

1 Like

One bug that Iā€™m experiencing but havenā€™t seen people mentioning is that AI Radio Communications (ATC) isnā€™t working anymore regardless of turning it ON or OFF. Am I the only one with this? Not a bug that prevents flying but it does add the cockpit workload to do all the flying job plus managing radios.

Itā€™s definitely not fixed. Over 1,000 ft difference. Such a let down. :frowning:

1 Like

Try toggling real time traffic off and then on again if you have it on

For those not getting the update, here are some helpful troubleshooting methods:
https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015760660-Download-Installation-issues-Windows-Store-troubleshooting

One thing I didnā€™t see in the article though is if the ā€œGet Updatesā€ doesnā€™t seem to do the trick, also try going straight to the sim on the Windows Store App and trying out those three dots above the Play button. Iā€™ve seen that work from some!

I donā€™t use any Multiplayer or AI, I only use VATSIM injected traffic (and I wasnā€™t in vatsim because still testing)ā€¦ So quite literally alone in the sky in the G1000 C172

We got clouds baby!

3 Likes

I re-installed the simulator today, a complete refresh. Unfortunately visually, this is a downgrade for me. The buildings in the mid-distance are morphing in and out as the aircraft moves, they look like a stack of dominos falling down one way and the other, turning on and off. I am not changing my view point as I look at this strange behaviour. I notice quite a bit of popping of buildings/trees now, more so than I did before.
First two flights were CTDā€™s the third was successful. All three test flight were from the Discovery series, ā€˜Naplesā€™. Charles.

I apologise, I did not intend to reply to dreampage, I donā€™t know how I managed that.