Official Discussion: Hotfix 1.18.15.0

Photogrammetry is still not loading correctly for me at 1000ft AGL :frowning:

2 Likes

agree still CTD issues

People already voting on stability of the update barely 1 hour in :man_facepalming: :woman_facepalming:

7 Likes

CTD during taxi at FSDreamTeamā€™s Chicago Oā€™Hare on the PMDG DC-6. All that setup for nothing. Oh wellā€¦ back to other sims for a couple more weeks. This is too irritating right now. I went from practically zero CTDs pre-SU5 to random CTDs all over the place. Too much at stake to do any serious flying because any of them can end in a random CTD for whatever reason. Too much risk to waste time for no reward and just frustration at the end of it all.

P.S.: Yes, I know CTDs werenā€™t on the changelog. It doesnā€™t change the fact that I donā€™t want to fly MSFS anymore due to them until this gets handled.

5 Likes

Looks the same here, runs the same, cpu same gpu same and where is the brightness slider I thought they said the other day when they told us about this that there would be a brightness slider anyone?

First attempt to launch the game resulted in the computer freezing, and a hard reset.

Slider coming in SU6

Edit - Even sooner, WU6 !

2 Likes

VATSIM users ā€“ can you confirm if altitude is correct? I still show it is not. :frowning:

ā€œWe are working on a new option that will allow you to customize how much off-screen scenery will be cached. We are aiming for this to be released on August 24th (World Update 6).ā€

That is slated for World Update 6.

27 Likes

Ahh gotcha thanks,ā€¦

Iā€™ve had 1 CTD on the previous release, never had one outside of that. This update things to me look much cleaner, crisper, colors look way better, about a 20 min flight C172 G1000 around the PHX area P19, KCHD around south mountain. I thought it was very smooth and flew great. So far liking what I see in this hotfixā€¦

4 Likes

Happening to several of us. Happy Friday!

2 Likes

Hey @Jummivana - Iā€™ll submit a Zendesk ticket, but not sure the altitude bug is fixed. VATSIM shows me 1,000 feet higher than the sim does. :frowning:

Yes, people still expect all addons to work. It was small update though, letā€™s see how it goes.

1 Like

Frames were good for about 10 minutes, then went to 4FPS and stayed there.

This is getting ridiculous.

Itā€™s a hotfix

As stated in the release notes, there is no ingame download.
I had the exact same MB numbers on steam as you had and offcourse no ingame data to download.

For me it reduced the very long ingame freees (>20sec), but there are still minor stutters (now a bit more irritating since they now also let the sound stutter).
So for me there was an improvement.

Blurred and unsharp textures in the distant unfortunatly still exist (although I have the terrain LOD on 5)

Everything works perfectly for me, as it always has.

Thanks, Asobo/MS!

12 Likes

The world is ending

3 Likes

As per some others hereā€¦ my sim says thereā€™s a mandatory update and I must do it via the store.
The store is not finding it and says Iā€™m good to go.
I have rebooted the pcā€¦ restarted the storeā€¦ logged out & back into the storeā€¦ pressed get updates a dozen timesā€¦ nothing.
It did download two or three app updates first time o pressed it, but nothing for MSFS. Says Iā€™m good to go.
Butā€¦ when I try to launch the simā€¦ a mandatory update is available.

Just been logged out of this forum while typing this. I wonder if they are doing something with the servers and thatā€™s why the update isnā€™t showing?

Regards
Steve

6 Likes