Official Discussion: July 28th, 2022 Dev Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/blog-july-28th-2022-development-update/533000

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

2 Likes

I’m a bit confused. It says 26 new products — 13 on Xbox and 13 on PC, yet there are 14 keyframes.

And 14 updated, but only 10 keyframes.

Is the number incorrect or are you missing images of the other items?

EDIT: or am I dumb and the number is the total between both platforms? I’ve looked at these updates every Thursday for a year and now I see this wrong? What is happening to me?!

1 Like

That’s an understandable question! Each product is considered separately for PC and Xbox, so the total is between platforms.

If a third-party item were released on the Marketplace on both PC and Xbox, it would be considered two products. Hope this helps clear it up!

3 Likes

Is that Tanarg 912 any good?

1 Like

No bugs list or wish list updates? Other than checking for new aircraft it’s the only reason I check these updates. It’s so frustrating that there are hundreds replicable bugs that have been reported for over 2 years now…all the merged threads and not only is there no live Q/A, there’s virtually no written update.

Who cares how many aircraft are in various stages of development? Give us an actual sense of what is happening in the studio.

I just want to know what Asobo is doing to make the sim better and recently all I see is fluff.

8 Likes

No update on SU10 apart from a Q&A that’ll happen in 3 weeks time. That’s a bit disappointing. After the problems with the latest Beta update and the DX12 glitches, I’d have hoped they would at least announce something about the next SU10 Beta build. :frowning:

5 Likes

There was not going to be a Feedback Snapshot today, you can check the Development Roadmap on which weekly posts will have one.

1 Like

We can’t share anything publicly about our next SU10 beta update/build, but rest assured that we have more planned for it before SU10 launches on August 23rd.

7 Likes

well, I wasn’t expecting the devs to be sitting on their thumbs for the next month till the release.

But they’ve been very quiet since the last Beta build which did little in terms of improving the bugs of the first build and even introduced new ones, so I thought a little peek into the future would be in order - something to look forward to…

I’m generally part of the optimistic crowd defending MS and Asobo, but nevertheless I got the impression the mood has soured quite a bit in the Beta community and people are getting antsy for some news…

SU9 wasn’t exactly well-received and while SU10 Beta started out well, the regressions in the latest built combined with the lack in communication aren’t ideal and can make people lose faith in the process. Also saying you can’t share progress publicly while you’re running a Beta is kinda strange… in my mind the whole point of a Beta is to share part of the development process and get information and feedback in return.

16 Likes

Sometimes we can’t share anything because nothing has been locked down yet, and/or we don’t want to make promises that might later be moved to a later deadline. That’s not fair to anyone.

That being said, thank you. I appreciate your honesty in this sentiment, and I will make sure it gets passed along to the team. We’ve spoken to it a bit before in the past that communication can be tricky, but it’s definitely something that we want to improve.

8 Likes

Will there be testing for Xbox WASM? Because nothing has been said if it is officially happening with SU10. Just seems like a “shooting for” an August release.

3 Likes

Austin made me chuckle.

Understood and thanks for the clarification.
Any news you could give us over the next few days would be appreciated.
thanks

2 Likes

Hmmm… i miss the LSPN Triengen Airport on XBOX Store…

That smells…. In particular, it smells very like a

“We are getting very close to stepping on some intellectual property or revealing the inner-workings that make up the Xbox console and cannot discuss our non-sanctioned or non-official “work-around” to enable WASM for console players. Please understand that for reasons that we will say are outside of our control, or perhaps even rooted deeply in the occult, WASM scripts may unexpectedly work in the near but not specifically know future. Currently we cannot confirm or deny anything however IF, by chance, they suddenly become functional in conjunction with the release of SU10, you didn’t hear that from us…and we may or may not have had anything to do with it. That said…. You’re welcome!.”

4 Likes

Yes, for a beta this is absolutely mute

covfefe

2 Likes

SU9 was definitely a step backwards in terms of overall sim performance. And that seems to be a pretty universal thing. Beta 1.27.9.0 was an absolute miracle update that fixed so much on the performance front. It had some issues, but that was to be expected. SU10 is a pretty big update under the hood. But it showed incredible promise and was gearing up to be the best update since launch as far as I was concerned.

1.27.11 was a giant leap backwards. It not only took away all the amazing performance improvements of its predecessor, but performs even worse than SU9. Personally, the last time I saw performance this low was with SU4. I really hope Asobo can get this sorted, as handing us this incredible performance and then taking it away in the next build was quite a kick in the nay-nays.

4 Likes

So please: get started. :+1:

Is he in the video?