Official Discussion: June 2nd, 2022 Dev Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

No Sim/World Update in July. Interesting.

no sim performance updates until late August? That’s a joke, right?

WOW,
1 month delay for SUX!

Hopefully

  • changes for the better
  • Marketing and the responsible Team Leads in the dev-department finally learned their lesson from SUIV and WUIV debacle.
  • Start the official Beta-Test soon AND listen carefully to customers feedback.

That’s definitely the plan!

An update called ‘SUX’ was sort of asking for trouble :slight_smile:. A long beta is good with me.

What’s the reasoning behind delaying SU10 this far? Just curious since I know a ton of us have been waiting eons for weather radar to be implemented in 3rd party planes, plus DLSS, plus, plus, plus, plus, plus… :wink:

what about the FIX of SU9 they have promised? stutters, and stutters…

Only 1 month delay. Worth the wait. I’m looking forward to testing when the time to do so

SU10 in August? the month when my college opens oh well :laughing:

Also summer holiday in France. interesting timing… :wink:

And (hopefully) do beta updates on a set frequency (ie, every 2 weeks) unless there’s a need for a hot-fix to be released sooner.

France is on vacation in August.

As Jorg mentioned in the previous Dev Q&A, we are slowing down our update cadence (currently monthly) to allow for more testing (to help with stability, performance, etc.), longer Beta periods, and less overall stress for the dev team.

30 Likes

yep!! THAT’s what I was thinking too. Same time as SU5 last year…

And I thought the June surprise was FSR 2.0, it’s that new plane? :grinning_face:

Perfect. Thanks for the prompt response as usual. Makes sense!!

Hey,

Sorry if this was already asked but it says we are getting a world update in the coming weeks? And it says TBA so is the WU going to be a ‘surprise’?

Here is what I am talking about:

Oh, I had forgot about that from last year.