Official Discussion: June 2nd, 2022 Dev Update

Check out the latest Development Update here:

Please use this thread for feedback and discussion. Thank you!

No Sim/World Update in July. Interesting.

no sim performance updates until late August? That’s a joke, right?

8 Likes

WOW,
1 month delay for SUX!

Hopefully

• changes for the better
  • Marketing and the responsible Team Leads in the dev-department finally learned their lesson from SUIV and WUIV debacle.
  • Start the official Beta-Test soon AND listen carefully to customers feedback.
10 Likes

That’s definitely the plan!

18 Likes

An update called ‘SUX’ was sort of asking for trouble :slight_smile:. A long beta is good with me.

13 Likes

What’s the reasoning behind delaying SU10 this far? Just curious since I know a ton of us have been waiting eons for weather radar to be implemented in 3rd party planes, plus DLSS, plus, plus, plus, plus, plus… :wink:

2 Likes

what about the FIX of SU9 they have promised? stutters, and stutters…

11 Likes

Only 1 month delay. Worth the wait. I’m looking forward to testing when the time to do so

SU10 in August? the month when my college opens oh well :laughing:

Also summer holiday in France. interesting timing… :wink:

6 Likes

And (hopefully) do beta updates on a set frequency (ie, every 2 weeks) unless there’s a need for a hot-fix to be released sooner.

2 Likes

France is on vacation in August.

4 Likes

As Jorg mentioned in the previous Dev Q&A, we are slowing down our update cadence (currently monthly) to allow for more testing (to help with stability, performance, etc.), longer Beta periods, and less overall stress for the dev team.

30 Likes

yep!! THAT’s what I was thinking too. Same time as SU5 last year…

And I thought the June surprise was FSR 2.0, it’s that new plane? :grinning:

3 Likes

Perfect. Thanks for the prompt response as usual. Makes sense!!

1 Like

Hey,

Sorry if this was already asked but it says we are getting a world update in the coming weeks? And it says TBA so is the WU going to be a ‘surprise’?

Here is what I am talking about:

Oh, I had forgot about that from last year.